Thread: Completed Units

Default Completed Units

Could you possibly put a list of what units have been completed for this mod hoggy? I know about the screenshot thread but of the older units?

Don't worry, I don't exist Member King of Atlantis's Avatar

Default Re: Completed Units

basically everything, but rebels and monguls.

Some units have been left out for now, like heroes and attack leopards.

how will they implement heros again?

a unit of like one super uber man/women.

Just your average dragoon Member DragoonXXIV's Avatar

Actually you can't have a unit start with a size below 5 in R:TW, so it'll be hero and their disciples which curiously look exactly like the hero only different color. (Stat wise though they'll be almost the same i.e. hero is centurion so get +1 hit points i believe)

I heard you could get it down to 2 units....

maybe this is why Hoggy hasnt done them yet...

the smallest unit size i've been able to acomplish is 6. the hero units are already finished. they will be small elite units. bu thier size will be more like 30 - 40.
    all of the major factions are done. with the exception of a couple units not yet possible within the sturcture of the game. the korean units are done. hoggy is currently working on the rebel units. pixelgenie has done a couple mongol units. hoggy is waiting to hear from him to see if he wishes to contiue the work on them.

Blue Lotus Total War
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Byzantium Total War

Have we ever seen these heroes? I dont seem to remmeber them.

Insanity perhaps is inevitable Member shifty157's Avatar

Units like the Chinese Guan Yu cavalry or the Japanese Tomoe Gozen are hero units.

couldn't you just make the hero himself the captain skin and have the rest of them be followers? that way all the units don't look the same...

also, if its possible, since you said you guys have completed just about all the units... how far has the mod progressed? I don't need some giant stat graph a percentage would be nice. If it's posted somewhere else and I missed it, sorry, I usually get distracted in the Latest Screenshots thread.
    Last edited by soibean; 07-18-2005 at 00:43.

Insanity perhaps is inevitable Member shifty157's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by soibean
    also, if its possible, since you said you guys have completed just about all the units... how far has the mod progressed? I don't need some giant stat graph a percentage would be nice. If it's posted somewhere else and I missed it, sorry, I usually get distracted in the Latest Screenshots thread.
    Although almost all of the units are done theres still alot more that isnt. Remember this is a total conversion so everything will be redone. Im not sure how far the text files have come. Hoggy still has to remake all of the buildings and vegetation. Make new animations. New music. etc etc.

you have THE hoggy, be ceative! cant you make the hero, make him the centurion of a unit of small white balls that are alpha-channeled out. make the animation for the ball unable to attack, like pigs. and then make it so that the balls can go though other units, the only problem with this is that the enemy will attack the invisible balls . .. what if you made them like wardogs? with the wardogs unit you cant directly attack the wardogs .. only the handelers. and i thought there was some editable file that allows you to change the unit numbers? so you can have 1 unit of heros, but it will be at the small unit scale . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Chilly5
    and i thought there was some editable file that allows you to change the unit numbers? so you can have 1 unit of heros, but it will be at the small unit scale . . .
    yes there is a file where you edit unit sizes. only problem is the smallest number you can enter without getting a CTD is 6. as far as i know. and of coarse that would be on small scale.

Blue Lotus Total War
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Byzantium Total War