Thread: Homes for the homeless

Default Homes for the homeless

Well, ready for some more madness from Oregon? Well here goes nothing, an article from the Oregonian the local liberal newspaper a couple days ago stated that, governer Ted Kolongousky has approved 16 million dollars to be used to build 160 houses for the "Chronicly homeless". Now this is a nice thought, but it is a blatently bad idea, and I'll tell you why that is.

1. They are building full blown houses, that they don't have to pay for or work to keep, all expenses are paid. And there is no insentive to get a job or do anything.

2. It increases the drug abuse problems, if you can get one of these houses, as long as you don't get a job or make any taxable income, you can shoot up and get high all you want, because the governer is gonna pay for you to stay there just as long as you please.

3. It tells everyone that it's okay to be homeless and not work for a living. Which is just plain bad.

Now I don't have a link for you to look at, I tried to find one for you, but I guess the news doesn't archive things to well. Anyways, tell me what you think about what is happening here in Oregon, if your math is bad, they are spending about $100,000 per home, for 160 homes.

Default Re: Homes for the homeless

Exactly, and that is the kind of thing I would like to suggest to the state senate, but I really can't because of my age, and the fact I have no idea where they are or how to write, then I would just get a canned message back. Oh and i live on the outskirts of portland.

Senior Member Senior Member English assassin's Avatar

Err, right. Because farmers would just love to have a load of seriously mentally ill people to deal with? "Pick my strawberries" "No no, not the satan strawberries eek, the slugs have eaten my feet again"

Lay off the homeless people a bit, sheesh, its not exactly a lifestyle choice? they are almost all either catastrophically mentally ill or seriously drug addicted and either way they need help. No one becomes homeless because they think its "OK"
    "The only thing I've gotten out of this thread is that Navaros is claiming that Satan gave Man meat. Awesome." Gorebag

Blog Entries

I don't know what it is about Homeless People but I just get the sudden Faschist bug up my arse whenever a homeless person approaches me... Anyone else be it Hippies, Cons, Whatever other low life degenerate approaches me I can generally handle it. But Homeless People just infuriate me for some reason, I know euthanising people is morally wrong, but god I would give 5% of my paycheck to a fund that insures all homeless people will be treated with the proper meds or something... of course the good thing about the Caymans is that I can remain aloof on the matter because frankly, I have never seen a homeless person here, ever.

Senior Member Senior Member English assassin's Avatar

Uhh. no offense, but I don't see how your opinion is relevant in this thread.
    Ok, no problem. Perhaps in future to avoid confusion, you could indicate those comments where contrary opinions are of interest to you, and those where you are merely giving the world the benefit of your views? Drug pacified mentally ill people being made to pick berries for a living, for instance, is the kind of idea that is likely to provoke comment, unless we are warned off?

No offence.
    "The only thing I've gotten out of this thread is that Navaros is claiming that Satan gave Man meat. Awesome." Gorebag

I dont mean to sound cruel.But here we have social welfare services for everybody,and we still have some homeless people.Most of them have either drug addiction or severe case of alcoholism.If you are all day long so toxicated that you cant drag your feet there to get help for yourself.I say you dont need it.If someone is so determined to kill him or her self with drugs and alcohol.So be it.
    Ja Mata Tosainu Sama.

People here who are homeless are mostly drug abusers and they CHOSE to be drug users, and they got hooked. Most homeless peeps are not mentaly challenged, in fact quite the opposite, they are smart but addicted to drugs, that may seem like an oxymoron but I assure you it isn't. And because these people chose to use drugs, I don't see why I should have to pay one red cent to these wackos using our tax dollars for 160 houses that are better than my apartment and watch them do nothing to achieve what it would take me years of training to get.

I propose that we take that money, and instead of making full blown houses, make compounds that will be livable and will provide housing for many more homeless for much less, and this way they have a reason to work twords leaving that place. It would be a small single-room apartment, minus a small room for a bathroom and shower.

That way if they stayed there, fine it's small enough to where I don't care, and only the truly needy would stay there. That would be a better and more efficent use of our tax money. Instead of housing 160 hobo's and there friends, we could house maybe 1000 or more. A bed, a shower, a fridge, and a toilet. What more could a man ask for?

Arena Senior Member Crazed Rabbit's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Now, the farming is ridiculously easy.
    So sayeth a person who has never worked on a berry farm.

As for your solution, it looks to be a good one. I too am sick of the government taking money from the competent and then handing it out as a reward for being stupid and lazy.

Crazed Rabbit
    Ja Mata, Tosa.

The poorest man may in his cottage bid defiance to all the forces of the Crown. It may be frail; its roof may shake; the wind may blow through it; the storm may enter; the rain may enter; but the King of England cannot enter – all his force dares not cross the threshold of the ruined tenement! - William Pitt the Elder