Thread: Please help-CTD

Question Please help-CTD

I've had HTW on my HD since it was first available.I've been busy with RTW and came back to HTW for some fun.
    I discovered the new patch for the economic fix and Bronze Age TW,downloaded same and installed to my game.Seems to work ok.However,I now find my historical battles won't work and I have a CTD as soon as I attempt to initiate the battle screen for any of the battles.The battles work in campaign mode.
    Any thoughts on what to do to fix this glitch
    Ave ImperatorMorituri Te Salutant

Default Re: Please help-CTD

There is no BA patch and seperate Economy patch anymore available for quite some time now, there is a Total patch available on the HTW website when you install this do you have the same problems?
    And where did you get these older files from?
    We cannot support if you use older files that are not officially available anymore.
    Try to install the Total patch and look if your problems are still there.

I have here installed the HTW Full version with the HTW Total Patch and all battles work fine, The Bronze Age expansion works but is and never will be finished, so only play that at your own risk, all other era's are fine as well in Campaign, Historic and Custom battles.

Off course no battle will work if unit size is not put on "default", like stated on the website and in the readme and installation instructions.

But when installled properly with the files available at the HTW website all works fine (not regarding the Bronze Age era that is a Beta and unfinished product).

http://www.hellenictotalwar.com

LZoF
    Last edited by Lord Zimoa of Flanders; 07-22-2005 at 08:49.

Question Re: Please help-CTD

Forgive me if I wasn't clear,I'm talking about use of the Total Patch.When I installed the Total Patch I find the Bronze Age Campaign works but when i attempt to go to the battle screen I CTD.Is that normal,or should I be able to play battles in BA???
    My HTW is the 3.1 version I first installed ages ago.The total patch I added two nights ago.All installations have been in accordance with instructions from the readmes.Please help if you can.

Ok, so everything works fine except for the BA-Beta campaign that is buggy as it was never finished.
    If you have installed the HTW v3.01 a long time ago I still advise to download the latest version and do a reinstall as it uses the latest files.And install the Total Patch on that version.
    It could be it makes your BA Campaign playable as you mixed older and newer files.
    Still the BA expansion was in early development when RTW came out and all work on it has been stopped.Play it at your own risk, I cannot support BA, the other era's are fine as far as I know.

LZoF

Followed your advice,Reinstalled everything.And guess what???
    You were spot on.All is working fine now,all the campaigns and battles.Thank you very much Now to get down to some serious playing.

Now htw website is down, how could we download those latest files?

Anywya, that's a shame to give up a mod cause of a new game. I'm not saying Rtw is awfull, i really like it too. But it's more serious to have a minimal support till there is no problem at all. What i always did, as a modder for American conquest.

Last edited by Lord Zimoa of Flanders; 08-05-2008 at 19:30.