Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Teacher Seduces Pupil - Too Pretty for Jail?

Senior Member Senior Member Idaho's Avatar

Default Teacher Seduces Pupil - Too Pretty for Jail?

Teacher Seduces Pupil - then comes up with ridiculous defence

The defence is quite clearly ludicrous - but that's by the by. THere are a load of issues in this one.

Everyone's gotta start somewhere. Should you always have your first shag with someone as incompetant as you are at that time?

I've never been a girl/young woman - so I don't know when they feel ready for it, and with whom they would be ready. However I knew a few who had it early or with people that were much older and it never seemed to work out well and wasn't something they had good memories of.

As a young man/boy being seduced by an older woman would have been a freak-out but I would have welcomed it. What we need to do is find some men who have been seduced by older women when they were boys and see whether they remember it as a positive or a negative. I don't think we are going to find any objective ruling on the matter.

The whole teacher-student breach of trust thing is seperate - and for that she should be kicked out of the profession.

30 years is preposterous - a fine, counselling, bit of community service perhaps. Would I say the same if it was a female pupil? If we could acertain she was ready and wanted sex as much as the teacher then yes. 16 is an arbitrary age - to old for some, too young for others.
    "The republicans will draft your kids, poison the air and water, take away your social security and burn down black churches if elected." Gawain of Orkney

Corporate Hippie Member rasoforos's Avatar

Default Re: Teacher Seduces Pupil - Too Pretty for Jail?

Quote Originally Posted by Idaho
    Teacher Seduces Pupil - then comes up with ridiculous defence

Everyone's gotta start somewhere. Should you always have your first shag with someone as incompetant as you are at that time?
    No...definately not, it ruins the experience...

Still though a 'sex teacher' is different than a teacher who has sex with his/her pupils...
    Αξιζει φιλε να πεθανεις για ενα ονειρο, κι ας ειναι η φωτια του να σε καψει.

http://grumpygreekguy.tumblr.com/

Standing Up For Rationality Senior Member Ronin's Avatar

Wink Re: Teacher Seduces Pupil - Too Pretty for Jail?

man.....there´s no way that hitting THAT can be a crime!!!

i allways knew deep in the back of my mind that i was in the wrong school when i was growing up....
    "If given the choice to be the shepherd or the sheep... be the wolf"
    -Josh Homme
    "That's the difference between me and the rest of the world! Happiness isn't good enough for me! I demand euphoria!"
    - Calvin

Ja mata, TosaInu Forum Administrator edyzmedieval's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gelatinous Cube
    I read a case a few years ago about a 14 year old boy getting shagged by his female teacher. The lady was smokin' hot! How anyone could classify that as abuse is beyond me.

The lady which was blonde, hot and had a husband, and he appeared at Larry King Live on CNN?!

Edit: She's the one I'm talkin' about
    Last edited by edyzmedieval; 07-21-2005 at 15:06.
    Ja mata, TosaInu. You will forever be remembered.

Proud

Been to:

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming in France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A novel set before the war.

A Painted Shield of Honour - 1313. Templar Knights in France are in grave danger. Can they be saved?

TexMec Senior Member Louis VI the Fat's Avatar

Default Re : Teacher Seduces Pupil - Too Pretty for Jail?

When I was fifteen, I would've shagged her in the classroom if she asked me to. Would any 15 year old find being seduced by this woman something negative? She's an adolescents' wet dream:

Debra Lafave, 24, a former pin-up model.
    Anything unrelated to elephants is irrelephant
    Texan by birth, woodpecker by the grace of God
    I would be the voice of your conscience if you had one - Brenus
    Bt why woulf we uy lsn'y Staraft - Fragony
    Not everything
    blue and underlined is a link

Corporate Hippie Member rasoforos's Avatar

err....how many people read this and though ' these things never hapen to me' ?

Αξιζει φιλε να πεθανεις για ενα ονειρο, κι ας ειναι η φωτια του να σε καψει.

http://grumpygreekguy.tumblr.com/

Master of Few Words Senior Member KukriKhan's Avatar

The age of legal consent varies by state; Florida = 18.

If the genders were reversed, as Idaho suggests, the crowd would be howling for the castration and lifetime incarceration of the 24-yr old paedo...but because this case is also every schoolboy's fantasy, we'll get usual "she's hot" defense.

Let's keep it clean, lads.

p.s. She's married. Ugh.
    Be well. Do good. Keep in touch.

Default Re: Re : Teacher Seduces Pupil - Too Pretty for Jail?

Quote Originally Posted by Louis IV the Fat
    When I was fifteen, I would've shagged her in the classroom if she asked me to. Would any 15 year old find being seduced by this woman something negative? She's an adolescents' wet dream:

Debra Lafave, 24, a former pin-up model.
    Most of the 15 yearolds I knew (including myself) would williing line up for that kind of "abuse". But the only problem is that it might negatively affect their ability to relate with women their own age.

Quote Originally Posted by rasoforos
    err....how many people read this and though ' these things never hapen to me' ?
    Same here. Most of my teachers in junior and senior high were middle aged men. Actually if you think about it she probably nailed the kid because all the male teachers were middle aged men.
    If you havin' skyrim problems I feel bad for you son.. I dodged 99 arrows but my knee took one.

VENI, VIDI, NATES CALCE CONCIDI

I came, I saw, I kicked ass

Default Re: Re : Teacher Seduces Pupil - Too Pretty for Jail?

If this had been in Missouri it would have been legal. Many countries have 12 and 13 as the legal age. I don't think she should have done it, and firing her would be the thing to do, but legal action based on a rather arbitrary law doesn't seem quite right to me.

She's pretty ugly actually.

Scruffy Looking Nerf Herder Member Steppe Merc's Avatar

Um, 30 years is a bit much. Did the student resist, or say no? Could it be even considered rape (other than statatory rape)?
    Though saying that she's too pretty for jail is certaintly the stupidest defense I've ever heard.
    She's pretty ugly actually.
    I don't find her that hot either, though it's hard to tell with just a picture of her face.

"But if you should fall you fall alone,
    If you should stand then who's to guide you?
    If I knew the way I would take you home."
    Grateful Dead, "Ripple"

Humanist Senior Member A.Saturnus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KukriKhan
    The age of legal consent varies by state; Florida = 18.

If the genders were reversed, as Idaho suggests, the crowd would be howling for the castration and lifetime incarceration of the 24-yr old paedo...but because this case is also every schoolboy's fantasy, we'll get usual "she's hot" defense.

Let's keep it clean, lads.

p.s. She's married. Ugh.
    Relations with 10 year difference are not uncommon. And paedophily is sexual attraction to children, not adolescents. For a 24-year old, having to go to jail for consensual sex with an adolescent would be outragous, whatever the sexes involved.

TexMec Senior Member Louis VI the Fat's Avatar

Default Re : Re: Teacher Seduces Pupil - Too Pretty for Jail?

Quote Originally Posted by KukriKhan
    If the genders were reversed, as Idaho suggests, the crowd would be howling for the castration and lifetime incarceration of the 24-yr old paedo.
    Mmhh, I don't now. There is a 'grey area'. I wouldn't necessarily condemn a relationship between a 14-year old girl and a 24-year old guy. It is on the very edge though, granted...
    Anything unrelated to elephants is irrelephant
    Texan by birth, woodpecker by the grace of God
    I would be the voice of your conscience if you had one - Brenus
    Bt why woulf we uy lsn'y Staraft - Fragony
    Not everything
    blue and underlined is a link

AREST THAT BABE!!! i ll be the jail guard
    if that was my teacher i would fail all classes gladly. Just to do them again.. and again... and again... and again..
    μηνιν αειδε θεα Πηληιαδεω Αχιληοs ουλομενην

Arena Senior Member Crazed Rabbit's Avatar
    Blog Entries

There's an interesting case in Washington State. A teacher seduced a 12 year old kid, went to jail for, got out and seduced the same kid, went back to jail for it, go out and married the kid (who was over 18 by then), who says he's happy. She's like 40-50 years old now.

I think this is a disgusting act, abuse of power and she should be thrown in jail, with the ugliest prisoners for the audaciousness (sp?) to come upo with the I'm too pretty' defense. I wonder how good she'd look without all that makeup, hmm?

Any relationship with a ten year difference were one party is under 18 is auto-condemned by me.

Crazed Rabbit
    Ja Mata, Tosa.

The poorest man may in his cottage bid defiance to all the forces of the Crown. It may be frail; its roof may shake; the wind may blow through it; the storm may enter; the rain may enter; but the King of England cannot enter – all his force dares not cross the threshold of the ruined tenement! - William Pitt the Elder

Quote Originally Posted by Crazed Rabbit

Any relationship with a ten year difference were one party is under 18 is auto-condemned by me.

Crazed Rabbit
    Come off it. You are saying that everyone matures at exactly the same rate, and that at 18 you suddenly become mature enough for relations with someone who is, say 44, where before you weren't mature enough for anyone over 27?

RIP Tosa, my trolling end now Senior Member Devastatin Dave's Avatar

My conservative side says she should go to jail since she did violate the law, the man in me says why didn't I have a hot piece of teacher booty like that when I was in school!!!

It would be hypocritical if she "gets off" and beats the rap when if the situation was reversed, the male teacher would become some jail b#### for some lucky guy...
    RIP Tosa

But I think it should be case by case. If a girl was raped, the guy ought to go to jail. If the boy was raped, the woman ought to go to jail (is it even possible for a woman to rape a guy? Anyway...). But if the girl was willing, or the boy was willing, then 30 years is too much, I think.
    However, I do see how it has the potential to be hypocrical.

Grateful Dead, "Ripple"

30 years is to much maybe 1 or 2. but for crime where the kid agreed its kind of harsh to make them live most of their life in prison.
    Formerly ceasar010

Arena Senior Member Crazed Rabbit's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Come off it. You are saying that everyone matures at exactly the same rate, and that at 18 you suddenly become mature enough for relations with someone who is, say 44, where before you weren't mature enough for anyone over 27?
    It's not a matter of maturity so much as I just don't think a 27 year old should be going out with a 17 year old. Nor did I say that upon becoming 18 you become completely mature, or that everyone matures at the same rate. A 44 and 18 year old seems weird, but I would judge it on a case by case basis.

Crazed Rabbit
    Ja Mata, Tosa.

The poorest man may in his cottage bid defiance to all the forces of the Crown. It may be frail; its roof may shake; the wind may blow through it; the storm may enter; the rain may enter; but the King of England cannot enter – all his force dares not cross the threshold of the ruined tenement! - William Pitt the Elder

I do believe that there are differences between boys and girls, and between individuals of the same age. We could argue that a twelve year old girl was very mature for her age and that sexual relations with her would be acceptable. When do we drawn the line, or do we draw it at all? Is it acceptable for an 8 year old, as long as it is consensual? If we choose to draw the line somewhere, then there will be occasions when we might not think it is appropriate given the circumstances, but we cannot make law based on the exceptions.

Would we be saying the same things if it were a 24 year old man and a 14 year old girl?
    What about a 24 year old man and a 14 year old boy?
    What about a 24 year old woman and a 14 year old girl?

Sex with minors is wrong and immoral, no matter what the sex of the molester or the victim. Kids should be allowed to be kids until they're old enough to make their own decisions regarding sex. Teachers are in a position of power and should face sanctions if they violate that trust. He should never have been in a position where he had to make such choices. IMO 14 year old boys are utterly incompetent to make any decisions, much less whether or not to have a relationship with an adult married teacher. They are employed in roles where they are to act as mentors, to protect and teach children right from wrong.
    Last edited by sharrukin; 07-21-2005 at 20:56.
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."
    -- John Stewart Mills

But from the absolute will of an entire people there is no appeal, no redemption, no refuge but treason.
    LORD ACTON

Needs more flowers Moderator drone's Avatar

Post Re: Teacher Seduces Pupil - Too Pretty for Jail?

For those wanting to see the police statements and a mug shot, The Smoking Gun delivers:
    http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/0628042teach1.html

I googled "Debra Lafave", got some hits I'm not sure I want to click on here at work.
    The .Org's MTW Reference Guide Wiki - now taking comments, corrections, suggestions, and submissions

If I werent playing games Id be killing small animals at a higher rate than I am now - SFTS
    Si je n'étais pas jouer à des jeux que je serais mort de petits animaux à un taux plus élevé que je suis maintenant - Louis VI The Fat

"Why do you hate the extremely limited Spartan version of freedom?" - Lemur

Ambiguous Member Byzantine Prince's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sharrukin
    IMO 14 year old boys are utterly incompetent to make any decisions, much less whether or not to have a relationship with an adult married teacher. They are employed in roles where they are to act as mentors, to protect and teach children right from wrong.
    Well speak for your own experiences, I was very mature at 14 and so were most of my (male) friends. Let's be honest here, why would a 14 year old boy say no to a teacher like that if she offered sex and he understood what that entailed. IMO she could pass as a 19 year old, so it's not like you could think of her as your mom. Plus she's totally attractive, NO way any boy would say no to her. Hell I would do it with her if I was 14. Seriously.

Sex itself is not a dirty act, not in my eyes anyways. Christianity has made it so whenever we desire someone it's a sinful or wrong act. Total BS, and total hypocricy, considering all our ancestors have done it. And I've met 14 year olds who look like 25 year olds and 25 year olds who look like 12 year olds. If you look the part, then why is the meaningless number so important. The level of maturity one has is unique too. I've met 5 year olds more mature then 60 year olds. Seriously. Who the person is only changes in prefernces and ideas, not levels of thinking.

To anyone who this made sense to, congratulations, you are very mature.

(that outta do it )

BP, I can't imagine you being mature at... wait, never mind.

Regardless of maturity, it was still wrong and illegal, far worse than high schoolers having sex with each other, IMO. But regardless, 30 years is pretty steep. And there while 14 is still pretty young, it's not like he was 5.
    I guess it all depends on the kids willingness (what the hell was his cousin doing there all the time?), and whether he knew what he was doing.

Grateful Dead, "Ripple"

Boondock Saint Senior Member The Blind King of Bohemia's Avatar

She's sweet man, I wouldn't say no to her, i know i would have no worries about it especially if i was fourteen
    Last edited by The Blind King of Bohemia; 07-21-2005 at 21:12.

Quote Originally Posted by The Blind King of Bohemia
    She's sweet man, I wouldn't say no to her, i know i would have no worries about it especially if i was fourteen
    but your mother might...

at the age of 14 anyways...
    Last edited by ah_dut; 07-21-2005 at 21:55.

boy of DESTINY Senior Member Big_John's Avatar

"too pretty for jail".. hilarious. beyond the fact that she's rather plain looking, if they are concerned about her welfare with other inmates, can't they just toss her ass in solitary?

should she have to prove her prettiness?
    now i'm here, and history is vindicated.

Quote Originally Posted by Big_John
    "too pretty for jail".. hilarious. beyond the fact that she's rather plain looking, if they are concerned about her welfare with other inmates, can't they just toss her ass in solitary?

should she have to prove her prettiness?
    I think we have a few volunteers to check that out...

Quote Originally Posted by Crazed Rabbit
    audaciousness (sp?)
    Audacity.

Well, I laughed out loud when I read this article in the paper, and then I said, "awesome". I actually don't see any problem with it at all, other than that she committed statutory rape by doin' the narsty with a kid who was under the age of consent, but the age of consent is 14 in Canada, which seems reasonable to me.

If she really thinks she shouldn't go to prison with other women, send her to prison with other men. Of course, though, I'd say she shouldn't go to prison unless her victim thought she should.

Quote Originally Posted by Steppe Merc
    (is it even possible for a woman to rape a guy? ...)
    Yes, but not in the conventional sense. The most common instances are women (or groups of them) using foreign objects on an unwilling man. It's not so much a case of lust-fueled violence as anger-fueled violence, usually for revenge. The sexual connotation that comes with the foreign objects bit is usually about humiliation as well as being incredibly painful.

The long term negative consequences for some teenage boy's who are abused by adult women may not be as benign as we imagine. The impact of the abuse on adult sexual, and other intimate relationships doesn't appear to be good. Men in out society are required to be in control, and this not the case in such a relationship.

According to Breer (1987)

These boys do not go on to offend against other boys, but against girls instead. For Breer, this means that there is a conflict focusing on their relationships with females -- they are literally afraid of approaching same-age or older females sexually since this would arouse a conflict between the fear of and wish to be engulfed by them. By abusing younger girls, they reproduce the trauma situation with themselves in control rather than as the victim; strong sexual feelings can be dealt with without them feeling out of their own control and they avoid concerns about homosexuality.

Carlson (1991) found that nearly a third of men on a long-term sex offender programme had experienced legally chargeable abuse by a woman, such as oral sex, masturbation, fondling or intercourse.

Faller added that she has worked with men who were seduced by older women as adolescents and later became sexual predators, even victimizing animals.

"This is their way of gaining sexual mastery that they may not have had in an encounter with an adult female," she said.

Davidson said that "there's real trauma whether the perpetrator is male or female. No one in this field will tell you that there's nothing harmful about a 16-year-old boy being in a relationship with a 30-year-old."

Mark F. Schwartz, Ph.D., director of the Masters and Johnson Clinic in St. Louis, agrees that sexual initiation by an older woman can be disturbing.

They thus often come to think of themselves, at least consciously, as fortunate rather than as exploited in these sexual encounters.... If they do not welcome sexuality with women, they feel deviant, and may expect others to see them that way, too" (Gartner, 1999, p.42)

"[c]ultural concepts and expectations about men and masculinity generate uncertainty about his manhood if a man cannot live up to them. ... [P]revailing myths [dictate] that victimhood is the province of women and that men cannot be victims. A man who has been victimized, therefore, must often combat an inner conviction that his victimization is a sign that he is not male" (Gartner, 1999, p.59).
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."
    -- John Stewart Mills

But from the absolute will of an entire people there is no appeal, no redemption, no refuge but treason.
    LORD ACTON

Humanist Senior Member A.Saturnus's Avatar

Sex with minors is wrong and immoral, no matter what the sex of the molester or the victim. Kids should be allowed to be kids until they're old enough to make their own decisions regarding sex. Teachers are in a position of power and should face sanctions if they violate that trust. He should never have been in a position where he had to make such choices. IMO 14 year old boys are utterly incompetent to make any decisions, much less whether or not to have a relationship with an adult married teacher. They are employed in roles where they are to act as mentors, to protect and teach children right from wrong.
    When I was 18 my girlfriend was 17. Does that mean I molested her?? Am I a pervert when I consider 16-year old girls hot? Kids should be allowed to be kids but that doesn`t mean they don`t have sexual desires. Most minors will have sex before becoming adult, I don`t think whether their partner is 17 or 23 makes much difference. Besides, that she`s married is entirely irrelevant here.
    Said that, she should never be allowed to teach minors again.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast