Thread: Help me please... broken shogun

Blue Eyed Samurai Senior Member Wishazu's Avatar

Default Help me please... broken shogun

hi guys ive just bought the warlord edition after a fruitless search round my house for shoggy and mongol invasion. ive just installed it on my pc but i get no sound. can anyone help me?
    "Wishazu does his usual hero thing and slices all the zombies to death, wiping out yet another horde." - Askthepizzaguy, Resident Evil: Dark Falls

"Move not unless you see an advantage; use not your troops unless there is something to be gained; fight not unless the position is critical"
    Sun Tzu the Art of War

Blue eyes for our samurai
    Red blood for his sword
    Your ronin days are over
    For your home is now the Org
    By Gregoshi

Default Re: Help me please... broken shogun

actually, ignore me, whilst i was AFK my 1 year old son was messing about with the keyboard and managed to somehow mute my whole pc...lmao its sorted now :)
    "Wishazu does his usual hero thing and slices all the zombies to death, wiping out yet another horde." - Askthepizzaguy, Resident Evil: Dark Falls

"Move not unless you see an advantage; use not your troops unless there is something to be gained; fight not unless the position is critical"
    Sun Tzu the Art of War

Red blood for his sword
    Your ronin days are over
    By Gregoshi

Cybernetic Samurai Member TenkiSoratoti's Avatar

Cane the child.

Last edited by TenkiSoratoti; 07-26-2005 at 23:38.
    "The good fighters of the old first put themselves beyond the possibility of defeat and then waited for an opportunity to defeat the enemy." - Sun Tzu

Weird Organism Senior Member Drisos's Avatar

hehe. wishazu, I just replyed to your pm with some info about it. glad it wasn't necessary at all.

see you soon in the foyer I hope!
    - Chu - Gi - Makoto - Rei - Jin - Yu - Meiyo -

are there any instructions on these forums as to how to get the mp working? i cant access ezboards for some bizarre reason. thanks drisos

Sun Tzu the Art of War

Red blood for his sword
    Your ronin days are over
    By Gregoshi

I'll post info on it via PM to you.

I know I`m kinda bumping an oldie but is the fakeserver still in existence?

Sun Tzu the Art of War

Red blood for his sword
    Your ronin days are over
    By Gregoshi

This thread is probably from the days of the fakeservers by ShambleS and TosaInu... Those aren't running anymore. R'as Al Ghul hosted one for quite a while after that, but it's down now too. There's still one left though: 7Bear7 Clan has a server. But only very sporadically have people been playing in like the last 1,5 years.

We might want to try to revive it... We did it a few times before. There's MANY people that you can dig up here and there that still love this game and like to play some games. However, every time after a while some people couldn't be there for a while, making the number of playing people below a number on which you can have some games regularly. (In other words, we didn't back to great enough numbers for a stable community in which games were played troughout the week. That was gone after 2004, I think)

Btw- I've tried and tried and tried with this computer, but no luck so far. Haven't been able to log in to a fakeserver since I moved from my parents home to my 'room'. I'm doing a format C this weekend, and then try again where it's at with S:TW and M:TW logging into servers. Who knows. Hmm, maybe I'd try getting a dual boot and then use an other OS on the second boot. (I'm not quite nerdy enough to know enough about this. Need to ask around what might help and how to achieve that)

Banned ELITEofWARMANGINGERYBREADMEN88's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I like to play on the STW/MI Lobby again. I can install it ASAP, I really do want to try it out, but never got any good info how. Any Info you can spare for your Annoying Friend Warman8, Mr.Drisos? .

Quote Originally Posted by Drisos View Post
    This thread is probably from the days of the fakeservers by ShambleS and TosaInu... Those aren't running anymore. R'as Al Ghul hosted one for quite a while after that, but it's down now too. There's still one left though: 7Bear7 Clan has a server. But only very sporadically have people been playing in like the last 1,5 years.

We might want to try to revive it... We did it a few times before. There's MANY people that you can dig up here and there that still love this game and like to play some games. However, every time after a while some people couldn't be there for a while, making the number of playing people below a number on which you can have some games regularly. (In other words, we didn't back to great enough numbers for a stable community in which games were played troughout the week. That was gone after 2004, I think)

Btw- I've tried and tried and tried with this computer, but no luck so far. Haven't been able to log in to a fakeserver since I moved from my parents home to my 'room'. I'm doing a format C this weekend, and then try again where it's at with S:TW and M:TW logging into servers. Who knows. Hmm, maybe I'd try getting a dual boot and then use an other OS on the second boot. (I'm not quite nerdy enough to know enough about this. Need to ask around what might help and how to achieve that)
    I`m not much of a techie myself mate. Perhaps someone else here will lend a helping hand...

Sun Tzu the Art of War

Red blood for his sword
    Your ronin days are over
    By Gregoshi

Quote Originally Posted by {BHC}AntiWarmanCake88 View Post
    I like to play on the STW/MI Lobby again. I can install it ASAP, I really do want to try it out, but never got any good info how. Any Info you can spare for your Annoying Friend Warman8, Mr.Drisos? .
    It's pretty easy. You just need to replace a few lines in a .txt file in the main folder. Details should be on 7bear7 website. It's really a 2 minute labour.

However, if then you can't log in. (that is: if it hangs at 'logging in') you'll have the same problem as me and many others. there's a few things you might try after that, but they're not so simple.

Blog Entries

I got the orginal STW and STW: Warlords Edition. Do I have to do anything special if I use STW:WE?

Me confused!

Apart from my campain I have STW MP in the back of my mind and in some unbusy minutes I always try to get it to work. Replaced the lines according to the file on 7bear7, but it says "No Dialup adapters found". Anyone knows the problem? The additional option doesn't help, what am I doing wrong?

Sorry for thread abuse.

{BHC}AntiWarmanCake88

You don't need to do anything special, just replace your old Internet.cfg with this one.

patdj

Shogun was made for windows 98, and todays computers usually have routers that auto connect you to the internet without a dial up connection. You will have to create a pppoe dial-up in the new connection wizzard to get this to work.

Hey 7Bear7, I think I know what you are talking about and I'll give it a try. Next year.

Blog Entries

Thanks Bear!!!

I can't wait to try it out !

Default AW: Re: Help me please... broken shogun

Quote Originally Posted by 7Bear7Bottom View Post
    patdj

Shogun was made for windows 98, and todays computers usually have routers that auto connect you to the internet without a dial up connection. You will have to create a pppoe dial-up in the new connection wizzard to get this to work.

Managed to set up such a connection. Still I am not sure whether it is right that way. I get a connection screen and everything looks fine. I am "connected", but it does not look like a server where I could host or join matches...

The whitened information are my provider user name and my current IP. Look fine but didnt want them public, sorry. :)

Post (a) screen(s) of what happens if you try to login now, please. :)