Thread: Your way

Default Your way

Okay, since this was too hidden to achieve much of a response (I guess that was it) here is a quote from The Black Ship:

Raso, Jag, Martyr, etc...

You speak about the evils of the West, and how our actions cause/fuel the terrorism. You condemn any actions taken to combat them, in what I can discern as a disbelief in military action as a means to twhart the terrorist. Is that a fair assessment?

OK, in your opinions what then constitutes an answer to the terrorist problem? Throw money at the middle east, a.k.a, buy their goodwill? Encourage democratic reform, when you collectively have stated that democracy is a Western concept? Turn away as Islamic law allows for the mistreatment of women? Abandon Israel (but wouldn't that unleash Sharon from all constraints, seeing it as an Us against the world and the world can go fvck itself?

I only chose those arguments that I have seen proposed here, at the Org by like minded posters, but I realize the tenor of my post is sarcastic. Please disregard that, and tell us what in your opinion is the answer.

I don't believe there is a common ground when dealing with terrorists, so I think you're talking of mobilizing the masses...is that it? Or is there some plan floating about that's caught your fancies?

You guys need to be on the spot for a change...tell us what to do.
    I say hidden because I was having problems finding the post myself.

I saw that Franconius said there was a previous thread about this topic. I will go find that one for my own perusal. But any new ideas about it would be appreciated.

Azi
    Last edited by Azi Tohak; 07-28-2005 at 14:31.
    "If you don't want to work, become a reporter. That awful power, the public opinion of the nation, was created by a horde of self-complacent simpletons who failed at ditch digging and shoemaking and fetched up journalism on their way to the poorhouse."
    Mark Twain 1881

master of the pwniverse Member Fragony's Avatar

Default Re: Your way

mememe! All these facist whites that for some reason prefer their head on their necks are so not supercool, we should reward terrorists for every day they don't explode instead! Did someone ever love them????

Humanist Senior Member Franconicus's Avatar

Azi,
    What is your intention. Do you want to discuss how to fight terror? Well there was a thread before with the same theme. But we can start again. Every good idea is welcome.
    Do you just want to state that lefties are stupid? Then please give me a definition. (Sorry, I am European and not so familiar with the American notions).

Senior Member Senior Member Ser Clegane's Avatar

Re-opened after confering with Azi.

I will closely watch this thread

If it goes down the gutter I will close it again.
    Last edited by Ser Clegane; 07-28-2005 at 14:25.

The leftists have no plan to fight terrorism except to take cheap shots from the back of the room.

Sure, our war on terror isnt perfect, but until the liberals - in any nation - offer some kind of alternative solution, they will only be treated as the whiney children that they are.

During the cold war the leftists flirted with communism. Always playing up how good it was and apologizing for its faults, but never explicitly expressing their "favorite".

Today they play the same game. They like to blame the West for all the problems in the world and apologize for the terrorists. They fight hard for the rights of terrorists, and justify their cause.. all the while making sure they dont explicitly express their "favorite".

Quite frankly, many people on the left feel that America got what she deserved on 9/11, feel that America should fail in Iraq, and do all they can to passively enable the enemy.

Liberals like those are the worst kind of scum. They are traitors and cowards and do far more to endanger the west than AQ.

Senior Member Senior Member Ser Clegane's Avatar

Wow - that went down the gutter sooner than I expected.

Permanently closed.