Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The rebellion of Britain's hidden army of underpaid cleaners has finally begun

Jillian & Allison's Daddy Senior Member Don Corleone's Avatar

Default Re: The rebellion of Britain's hidden army of underpaid cleaners has finally begun

I totally agree. I'm sure there's guys in France that work a schedule I would be physically or mentally unable to endure. There's probably some guys over there that work 90 hours a week. Just like there's some (like my father) who do that here. I never meant to imply that I think all Europeans work less than any American, and if I left you with that impression, let me disavow it right here and now.

The fact is though, on average, you get more value out of an American worker than you do out of a Swedish, a German, or a French one. Not my data, I don't make the stuff up.
    "A man who doesn't spend time with his family can never be a real man."
    Don Vito Corleone: The Godfather, Part 1.

"Then wait for them and swear to God in heaven that if they spew that bull to you or your family again you will cave there heads in with a sledgehammer"
    Strike for the South

The Black Senior Member Papewaio's Avatar

Default Re: The rebellion of Britain's hidden army of underpaid cleaners has finally begun

Why do you think that is?

Work ethic, education, motivation, amount paid?

Our genes maybe in the basement but it does not stop us chosing our point of view from the top.
    Quote Originally Posted by Louis VI the Fat
    Pape for global overlord!!
    Quote Originally Posted by English assassin
    Squid sources report that scientists taste "sort of like chicken"
    Quote Originally Posted by frogbeastegg View Post
    The rest is either as average as advertised or, in the case of the missionary, disappointing.

Jillian & Allison's Daddy Senior Member Don Corleone's Avatar

I think there's a parabolic curve. On one side, is uneducated, 90 hour a week workers, like the Phillipines. On the other, there's highly, highly educated, that won't work more than 30-35 hours a week. Each country has a spot on that curve, and at the moment, the United States occupies a local maxima. We're not the hardest working, and we're not the best trained, but we're the best blend.
    "A man who doesn't spend time with his family can never be a real man."
    Don Vito Corleone: The Godfather, Part 1.

"Then wait for them and swear to God in heaven that if they spew that bull to you or your family again you will cave there heads in with a sledgehammer"
    Strike for the South

The Black Senior Member Papewaio's Avatar

On that note I will go get a coffee.

I do agree, I also think it might be more localised like Detriot car makers of old vs New York Wall Street.
    Our genes maybe in the basement but it does not stop us chosing our point of view from the top.
    Quote Originally Posted by Louis VI the Fat
    Pape for global overlord!!
    Quote Originally Posted by English assassin
    Squid sources report that scientists taste "sort of like chicken"
    Quote Originally Posted by frogbeastegg View Post
    The rest is either as average as advertised or, in the case of the missionary, disappointing.

Its simple fact that US is engine of western world.The creation of larger EU is just Europeans getting rid of their inferior complex,but why cant we just work together.In order to gett EU working we should be assimilated to EU.Another option is to be assimilated to American coulture.There is a saying in EU that Finland is mini US.Why cant we all just work together?And be ourselves?
    Ja Mata Tosainu Sama.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12