Thread: New Governor-General! (Canada)

Ambiguous Member Byzantine Prince's Avatar

Default New Governor-General! (Canada)

OMG you guys heard?!? The new governor general that nice documentery lady from the CBC!

link

What do you guys think? I'm thrilled, the one we had before was such a little irritating woman.
    Last edited by KukriKhan; 08-05-2005 at 00:56.

The Black Senior Member Papewaio's Avatar

Default Re: New Governor-General! (Canada)

Our GG would beat your GG in a fight
    Our genes maybe in the basement but it does not stop us chosing our point of view from the top.
    Quote Originally Posted by Louis VI the Fat
    Pape for global overlord!!
    Quote Originally Posted by English assassin
    Squid sources report that scientists taste "sort of like chicken"
    Quote Originally Posted by frogbeastegg View Post
    The rest is either as average as advertised or, in the case of the missionary, disappointing.

Those CBC "documentaries" you linked were crazy BP.. how do they pass that off as journalism, and why do they now hold government offices?

The documenteries I linked were different from the ones she hosts. The "crazy" ones are from a show called *The Fifth Estate*, hers are from a show called The *Passionate Eye*.

Quote Originally Posted by PanzerJager
    Those CBC "documentaries" you linked were crazy BP.. how do they pass that off as journalism, and why do they now hold government offices?
    It's only colonial police so it doesn't really matter....

Oh I see...

The fith estate has crazy documentaries, riiiiiiiiiiiiiight. No more crazy than anything fox news has passed off as "journalism" in the last 5 years.
    If you havin' skyrim problems I feel bad for you son.. I dodged 99 arrows but my knee took one.

VENI, VIDI, NATES CALCE CONCIDI

I came, I saw, I kicked ass

Actually I really enjoy CBC documenteries. They are very proffesional and to the point. Along with the news and the Daily Show it's probably the only TV I watch anyways.

But let's go back on topic here. If you read the whole article you'll see why I hate the previous GG Adrien Clarksen. I hated the way she presented herself as if she was royalty all the time, it pissed me off. And all the trips she took with tax payers money costing an ungodly million dollars per trip on average. That was worse then the Sponcorship scandal IMO.

Well in a way she was. She was the viceroy, or sub-royalty. So her acting like a queen was in the spirit of the office she occupied. That said Adrienne Clarksen was always an avantguard artsy bitch, whom I've always hated. I can't believe the CBC wasted air time for years on her. I'm just glad being the viceroy isn't a for life deal like the senate or I don't know.....
    If you havin' skyrim problems I feel bad for you son.. I dodged 99 arrows but my knee took one.

The fith estate has crazy documentaries, riiiiiiiiiiiiiight. No more crazy than anything fox news has passed off as "journalism" in the last 5 years.
    Have you ever watched one?? The two I watched wouldnt pass the laugh test at FoxNews, not to mention any other US media. Maybe they do well reporting on Canada, but they dont seem to be able to look objectively at America.

Quote Originally Posted by PanzerJager
    Have you ever watched one?? The two I watched wouldnt pass the laugh test at FoxNews, not to mention any other US media. Maybe they do well reporting on Canada, but they dont seem to be able to look objectively at America.
    In my whole life about 10. I don't go out of my way to watch them. Also the US can't look objectively at the rest of the world so.... Besides our lack of objectivity comes from Washington jerking us around on stuff (Soft wood lumber, beef, fishing rights).

"It sounds like another Adrienne Clarkson type appointment," John Aimers of the Monarchist League told CTV. "Someone who has not been involved in politics who comes from the world of media, who has obviously a compelling life story."

Pretty much my opinion. A TV bimbo wouldn't be my first choice. Can't we find anyone better than this?
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."
    -- John Stewart Mills

But from the absolute will of an entire people there is no appeal, no redemption, no refuge but treason.
    LORD ACTON

Old Town Road Senior Member Strike For The South's Avatar

To quote BP "Meh"
    There, but for the grace of God, goes John Bradford

My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

I am tired and sick of war. Its glory is all moonshine. It is only those who have neither fired a shot nor heard the shrieks and groans of the wounded who cry aloud for blood, for vengeance, for desolation.

Tree Killer Senior Member Beirut's Avatar

She's going to need a haircut.

This sort of thing is nothing new to us. Hell our old Prime Minister Brian Mulroney (the most hated man in Canadian history) appointed the doorman at a hotel where he used to get drunk as a Senator for life.
    Unto each good man a good dog

Your never going to let that go are you? Your just jealous it wasn't you aren't you.

The Black Senior Member Papewaio's Avatar

At least we elect our senators and not for life... just wish we could get a proper republic without GGs
    Our genes maybe in the basement but it does not stop us chosing our point of view from the top.
    Quote Originally Posted by Louis VI the Fat
    Pape for global overlord!!
    Quote Originally Posted by English assassin
    Squid sources report that scientists taste "sort of like chicken"
    Quote Originally Posted by frogbeastegg View Post
    The rest is either as average as advertised or, in the case of the missionary, disappointing.

Vile republican begone!

Quote Originally Posted by sharrukin
    "It sounds like another Adrienne Clarkson type appointment," John Aimers of the Monarchist League told CTV. "Someone who has not been involved in politics who comes from the world of media, who has obviously a compelling life story."

Pretty much my opinion. A TV bimbo wouldn't be my first choice. Can't we find anyone better than this?
    I disagree. Having a serious politician on the post would make it dangerous. He could start throughing his weight around and BOOM! World war III with Britain. Plus we don't really need a governor general. What is the Queen gonna do about it? Nothing!

At least this one is nice though unlike that woman we had before. God words cannot describe how much I hate Adrien Clraksen. Everything she's ever done irritates me.
    Last edited by KukriKhan; 08-05-2005 at 00:55.

Quote Originally Posted by Byzantine Prince
    I disagree. Having a serious politician on the post would make it dangerous. He could start throughing his weight around and BOOM! World war III with Britain. Plus we don't really need a governor general. What is the Queen gonna do about it? Nothing!

At least this one is nice though unlike that woman we had before. God words cannot describe how much I hate Adrien Clraksen. Everything she's ever done irritates me.
    I don't think the British are really that explosive that they are going to start World War Three over who we appoint for Governor General or what he might do. Besides, if they are, and them having nuclear weapons, you had best be more respectful towards the queen!

I agree with you about Adrian Clarkson, but I also have concerns about this new apointee. Can she spell for example?
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."
    -- John Stewart Mills

But from the absolute will of an entire people there is no appeal, no redemption, no refuge but treason.
    LORD ACTON