Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MTW Mods-Opinions Please

Beauty hunter Senior Member Raz's Avatar

Default Re: MTW Mods-Opinions Please

Quote Originally Posted by ColIndyJones1958 View Post
    Dear King:

This is Indy. I am most certainly interested in downloading your fantastic sounding mod, but I have a couple of questions.

1) Is this mod a zip or an .exe file? I seem to have a better time with .exe files.

2) For what version of MTW is this mod--MTWI or MTWII?
    The mod was last updated on the same week that Medieval II: Total War was first conceived. Thus it can be concluded that the mod is for the first MTW. The installation is an .exe file.
    Last edited by Raz; 02-15-2011 at 02:14. Reason: Removed the bigoted, elitist, patronising part of my message, sorry. :(
    Quote Originally Posted by drone
    I imagine an open-source project to recreate [Medieval: Total War] would be faced with an army of high-valour lawyers.

Live your life out on Earth; I'm going to join the Sun.

Default Re: MTW Mods-Opinions Please

As this thread is seemingly resurrected, I'll update
    it with some info about MTW-Redux etc....
    ---------------------------------------------------------

The original MTW strikes me as the easiest version available while Redux is clearly among the hardest and most challenging versions around (that I have seen since 2002) – the differences are drastic, extensive and radical. Redux is about quality in parts, rather then quantity in parts. It is about making battles harder, tougher, more exciting, dramatic and lethal.

It is also about making the overall game more interesting, more complex and diverse and less standardized and predictable. The game-pacing is faster and circumstances more dangerous in Redux. To that end, virtually everything has somehow been reworked and changed. The appearance has also been changed all over to be more attractive – or that is at least what I had in mind with it. Not everybody likes a harder and tougher game that is more diverse, but I think people should try it all the same just to find out.

Redux offers a new and fresh take on MTW, and it certainly does provide a different experience. Hopefully people will like it. Redux has a sub-forum (with screens and threads) just around the corner over at the MTW hosted-mods-area and it is open for business for anybody interested (click my Sig to get there). As for all the details in Redux, just download it and explore it for yourself - that is the easiest and fastest way anyhow - and I would be surprised if you were sorry for it.

Note: Redux is compatible to ALL official versions of MTW

On general terms, I'll echo BKB's words, the best way to find out which of the major works made for MTW appeals to you the most, is to try them all and see for yourself (and there is plenty of interesting stuff around anyway). After all, people do have different opinions and preferences - and not all people get excited and entertained by the same thing….

Furthermore, I would like to point out that there is also a major fantasy-themed alteration developed (currently Beta-version) as well for MTW…. Hyborian Age - Total War by Omar Pacha. It has a fresh new map, troops and loads of other stuff - all set in R.E.Howards Hyborian world. Well worth some checking out too I think (look for sticky in this section)…

- Cheers

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12