Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How many children do you want to have?!

Alienated Senior Member Member Red Harvest's Avatar

Default Re: How many children do you want to have?!

We stopped at 2. Very happy with our good fortune, unwilling to throw the dice again.
    Rome Total War, it's not a game, it's a do-it-yourself project.

5 that is all

Chieftain of the Pudding Race Member Evil_Maniac From Mars's Avatar

One to carry on the family line. 200 adopted ones so I can give them odd names.

Ambiguous Member Byzantine Prince's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PanzerJager
    Is life about enjoyment or progeny?
    You only say that because your life still has meaning. Eventually you are going to lose that feeling(I already have at the age of 18) and you will want something more. This will probably hapen between the ages of 35-45 in which case you'll have enjoyed your life in terms of being independent and wild for quite long enough.

As for me, I will proabably have kids when I'm around 40. Till then my meaningless life will have to preoccupy itself with none other then itself.

There's nothing worse then bringing a kid into the world if you are poor. You basically set a likely pattern of failure to another person. So it's better to wait till you're older and have a better career. Logical, no?

You only say that because your life still has meaning. Eventually you are going to lose that feeling(I already have at the age of 18) and you will want something more. This will probably hapen between the ages of 35-45 in which case you'll have enjoyed your life in terms of being independent and wild for quite long enough.
    No meaning?? Thats not true and you know it! Your family and friends give your life meaning, as do your interests and opinions.

You just need to learn to enjoy life and not look for "meaning", thats why I wont have kids. I can only imagine the fun ill be having when all the people my age are trying to handle 2 jobs to pay for 2 kids.. all for what? They get to be 18 and expect you to buy them cars and pay for college.. at least thats what I expected.

Its just a bunch of hassle for not much good return. Sure they may be cute for a few minute learning how to walk, but then they crap their pants..

As for me, I will proabably have kids when I'm around 40. Till then my meaningless life will have to preoccupy itself with none other then itself.
    Ugh.. you have fun with them and ill be hunting big game in Africa.

There's nothing worse then bringing a kid into the world if you are poor. You basically set a likely pattern of failure to another person. So it's better to wait till you're older and have a better career. Logical, no?
    Very logical. Poor people shouldnt be allowed to have kids if they cant support them.

Nobody expects the Senior Member Lemur's Avatar

Looking to have three. Already have one, and thank God, he's very healthy. Going to roll the dice two more times.

It's quite surprising that the hard-right folks on the board are largely opting out of family life. That's a bit of a head-scratcher.

Quote Originally Posted by rasoforos
    Sound like me some years ago, hated kids...

...well I think it all comes down to being with the right person...

...when you are with a person you really love and want to grow senile with then you get this warm and fuzzy feeling about having a family and the idea of little kiddies running around doesnt seem bad anymore...

...i think its hormonal
    NOOO! He's right though... for most people anyway. The older I get the more I like the little rats. And heck, I'm only 22! What do I have to look forward too?

Edit: Oh yes, the original question. 2. No only children for me. So very very lonely.

Azi
    Last edited by Azi Tohak; 08-09-2005 at 03:44.
    "If you don't want to work, become a reporter. That awful power, the public opinion of the nation, was created by a horde of self-complacent simpletons who failed at ditch digging and shoemaking and fetched up journalism on their way to the poorhouse."
    Mark Twain 1881

Quote Originally Posted by PanzerJager
    Wouldnt a better option be forced sterilization of liberals?
    Well... here is an idea.

In high school, my Physics teacher (egotistical nerd... great guy!) told our class that he thought, during your senior year, your teachers would vote on who got to reproduce. Everyone else? Sterilized.

Now THAT sounds like a plan.

Azi
    "If you don't want to work, become a reporter. That awful power, the public opinion of the nation, was created by a horde of self-complacent simpletons who failed at ditch digging and shoemaking and fetched up journalism on their way to the poorhouse."
    Mark Twain 1881

Quote Originally Posted by ceasar010
    We conservitives are going to lose in the future....All the libbies here are breeding like rabits while the cons wont...
    I don't understand this. You are against gay's and abortion. What ARE you guy's doing for fun ???? Just shooting with your guns ?

He he he! bmolsson, that is one way to put it!

Azi
    Mark Twain 1881

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123