Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Black pastors seek gay marriage ban amid family issues

Medical Welshman in London. Senior Member Big King Sanctaphrax's Avatar
    Cardiff in the summer, London during term time.

Default Re: Black pastors seek gay marriage ban amid family issues

Quote Originally Posted by ceasar010
    Don't worry about what the atheist say...they laugh now but once they stand before the lord they won't be.
    Even if I had conclusive proof that he did exist, bending the knee to a judgemental and murderous higher being just isn't my style.
    Co-Lord of BKS and Beirut's Kingdom of Peace and Love.

"Handsome features, rugged exteriors, intellectual chick magnets, we're pretty much twins."-Beirut

"Rhy, where's your helicopter now? Where's your ******* helicopter now?"-Mephistopheles.

Scruffy Looking Nerf Herder Member Steppe Merc's Avatar

The Big King hit it right on. If there was a God, he doesn't deserve my worship if he destroyed all most all of humanity because he didn't like how they were running things.

"But if you should fall you fall alone,
    If you should stand then who's to guide you?
    If I knew the way I would take you home."
    Grateful Dead, "Ripple"

Master of useless knowledge Senior Member Kitten Shooting Champion, Eskiv Champion Ironside's Avatar

Its not false its the truth. Would I have to be gay to marry another man? If so then they are getting special privleges if not whats the meaning of marriage? What we are saying is that there is no law in the US that denies gays the ability to marry.
    Gah! This thread grows too fast for me.

But anyway you'll need to be exactly as gay to marry someone of the same sex as you need to be straight for marry someone of the opposite sex.

The point of marriage is nowadays a statement of love and commitment.
    As it's for you, from a state view only about children IIRC, would you then deny a straight couple marrying if thier too old to procreate? As the point of that marriage is?

Alrowan what about God's messing with the pharao? He forces the pharao to say no to Moses and then punishes pharao's people because pharao says no. Fair judge? I think not.
    Always wondered about that part.
    We are all aware that the senses can be deceived, the eyes fooled. But how can we be sure our senses are not being deceived at any particular time, or even all the time? Might I just be a brain in a tank somewhere, tricked all my life into believing in the events of this world by some insane computer? And does my life gain or lose meaning based on my reaction to such solipsism?

Project PYRRHO, Specimen 46, Vat 7
    Activity Recorded M.Y. 2302.22467
    TERMINATION OF SPECIMEN ADVISED

Bored Avid Gamer Member Alrowan's Avatar
    Sydney, Australia... that place down under...

they did enslave the israelistes for hundreds of years...
    Llew Cadeyrn/Alrowan - Chieftain of Clan Raven

Quote Originally Posted by Alrowan
    God holds the right to judgment, and he jugdes those who do wrong, we will all in fact be jugded at the end of the age, so i guess you better start making excuses.
    Or maybe when you are lying on your death bed, hopefully many years from now you will look back and wish you had done something worthwhile with all the time you spent at church or reading the bible.

Master of useless knowledge Senior Member Kitten Shooting Champion, Eskiv Champion Ironside's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alrowan
    they did enslave the israelistes for hundreds of years...
    And the method used for revenge is weird to say the least.
    We are all aware that the senses can be deceived, the eyes fooled. But how can we be sure our senses are not being deceived at any particular time, or even all the time? Might I just be a brain in a tank somewhere, tricked all my life into believing in the events of this world by some insane computer? And does my life gain or lose meaning based on my reaction to such solipsism?

Project PYRRHO, Specimen 46, Vat 7
    Activity Recorded M.Y. 2302.22467
    TERMINATION OF SPECIMEN ADVISED

Jillian & Allison's Daddy Senior Member Don Corleone's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ja'chyra
    Or maybe when you are lying on your death bed, hopefully many years from now you will look back and wish you had done something worthwhile with all the time you spent at church or reading the bible.
    Look, I'm going to be the bigger man and force myself to believe this comes from a certain amount of ignorance about what people who attend church on a regular basis or read the bible regularly do with their lives.

But please, do not presume to declare that attending church or reading the bible is a waste of time if you want those of us who do to respect the way you choose to live your life. I would put my life's accomplishments up against any secular humanists and, guess what.... I attend church weekly and read the bible daily.
    Last edited by Don Corleone; 08-10-2005 at 18:15.
    "A man who doesn't spend time with his family can never be a real man."
    Don Vito Corleone: The Godfather, Part 1.

"Then wait for them and swear to God in heaven that if they spew that bull to you or your family again you will cave there heads in with a sledgehammer"
    Strike for the South

So what exactly was different in Alrowans post Don?

It's ok for him to say that we need to start thinking of excuses but not ok for me to say going to church is a waste of time?
    Last edited by Ja'chyra; 08-10-2005 at 18:37.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123