Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why don't priests like women?!

Standing Up For Rationality Senior Member Ronin's Avatar

Wink Re: Why don't priests like women?!

Quote Originally Posted by ceasar010
    And goof if you remember right those christians were elected.

yeah they were.....that leads to the point you have to decide....you are either the majority or you can whine about being opressed...

you can´t have your cake and eat it too.
    "If given the choice to be the shepherd or the sheep... be the wolf"
    -Josh Homme
    "That's the difference between me and the rest of the world! Happiness isn't good enough for me! I demand euphoria!"
    - Calvin

Very Senior Member Gawain of Orkeny's Avatar

Default Re: Why don't priests like women?!

not to sure about the mtv thing...but it would be nonetheless a step in the right direction.
    You need help son.

as for why so many priests molest kids..
    I think the percentage is about the same as in the general public but far below the percentage of gay men who are pedophiles.

If I met a Catholic priest who was banging a woman, I would be elated. It would mean he's not crazy to follow that stupid ass chastity thing and has he's not a pedophile
    What world are you living in? Many married people are pedophiles. Just because you have sex with a woman doesnt mean your not a pedophile or even gay or heterosexual.
    The reason this is a big story is because their preists and held to a higher standard. That and the church trying to cover it up.
    Fighting for Truth , Justice and the American way

Not affiliated with Red Dwarf. Member Ianofsmeg16's Avatar
    Home of Palm trees, cats with no tails, three-legged men, fairies...and more german bikers than germany

Is not that we should ban Religion Don...it's that we should ban these stupid divisions in Christianity, We all beleive in Jesus...GET OVER IT!
    When I was a child
    I caught a fleeting glimpse
    Out of the corner of my eye.
    I turned to look but it was gone
    I cannot put my finger on it now
    The child is grown,
    The dream is gone.
    I have become comfortably numb...

Proud Supporter of the Gahzette

Is not that we should ban Religion Don...it's that we should ban these stupid divisions in Christianity, We all beleive in Jesus...GET OVER IT!
    Yes everyone back to the original. The Roman Catholic church.

HAY don't say that lars dont say that about the bible. You dont see me saying "you are a worthless heathen and are going to burn in hell" now do you .... Atheist act like they are so superior and intellectual and you act like you are better then christians what happened to all that equality you lefties claim to have. Only tolerant when it suits you i see "

I am going to be intolerant towards intolerant people.
    Who said I was atheist? It wasn't me. Remember assumptions make an ass out of you and me. Also if I believed in hell, I might agree with you on that one. I'm simply not christian anymore, I gave it up as a bad habit years ago. But neither am I buddist, muslim, jewish, or hindu (although it's looking better and better).
    If you havin' skyrim problems I feel bad for you son.. I dodged 99 arrows but my knee took one.

VENI, VIDI, NATES CALCE CONCIDI

I came, I saw, I kicked ass

Jillian & Allison's Daddy Senior Member Don Corleone's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Goofball
    Okay Don, we get it. Christians are an underpowered, softspoken minority being persecuted by the secular majority. Our bad.

Oh, wait.

Hang on.

A Christian-dominated party now controls two of the three branches of government in the most powerful country in the world.

I take back what I said earlier, and replace it with "Please stop your bloody whining."

Said with all due respect, of course...

I'm not whining.

Our White House & our Congress are the lackeys of the Supreme Court, as it should be.

The Constitution says whatever Ruth Bader Ginsburg & her crew say it does, as it should be.

The courts have a decidedly anti-religious slant, as it should be.

Religious persuasion is an evil & pernicious influence and must be eradicated at all levels. It's taken them a long time to get it together, but now that they have all the necessary pieces in place, the US court system is in the process of doing just that. Hoorah for progress! Maybe we could institute some of Robespierre's other lessons for how to run a happy state.
    "A man who doesn't spend time with his family can never be a real man."
    Don Vito Corleone: The Godfather, Part 1.

"Then wait for them and swear to God in heaven that if they spew that bull to you or your family again you will cave there heads in with a sledgehammer"
    Strike for the South

Standing Up For Rationality Senior Member Ronin's Avatar

Smile Re: Why don't priests like women?!

Quote Originally Posted by Gawain of Orkeny
    You need help son.

hey....mtv wouldn´t be my personal choise....

maybe the discovery channel, and a good news agency(BBC maybe), as for music stop by your local store and pick up a good selection(tv and radio only play crap anyway)...any kind you like....

stepping away from an old book that nobody is even sure by whom it was wriiten and stepping a little closer to the real world is always a good move in my book..

i need help?...i disagree.
    "If given the choice to be the shepherd or the sheep... be the wolf"
    -Josh Homme
    "That's the difference between me and the rest of the world! Happiness isn't good enough for me! I demand euphoria!"
    - Calvin

How is this thread not closed yet? Geesh.

Anyway, I'm sure Priests like women too... but I think in the Catholic church they do more with boys (no, you preverts, not like that). Choir boys, lighting candles etc.

And there are bad apples everywhere. But why the Catholic church won't let their men get married is beyond me.

Azi
    "If you don't want to work, become a reporter. That awful power, the public opinion of the nation, was created by a horde of self-complacent simpletons who failed at ditch digging and shoemaking and fetched up journalism on their way to the poorhouse."
    Mark Twain 1881

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin
    i say that choosing to follow a path of repression of your most basic biological and human instincts is a bit on the loony side...but feel free to use whatever euphemism you find more agreeable.
    Killing anyone who harms my wife or children with my bare hands is equally pre-programmed. But nobody is advocating I should just go ahead and do that, because it's part of my biological nature.

"Then wait for them and swear to God in heaven that if they spew that bull to you or your family again you will cave there heads in with a sledgehammer"
    Strike for the South

Quote Originally Posted by Don Corleone
    Killing anyone who harms my wife or children with my bare hands is equally pre-programmed. But nobody is advocating I should just go ahead and do that, because it's part of my biological nature.
    I am. So ha!
    If you havin' skyrim problems I feel bad for you son.. I dodged 99 arrows but my knee took one.

Quote Originally Posted by lars573
    I am. So ha!
    Man, if rampant vigilantism is the rule of law up there, remind me to stay the hell out of the Maritimes....

Strike for the South

I am. So ha!
    If you cannot control all your animal instincts it wont be long until they put you away. Have fun in the slammer mate.

I like vigalantes as long as the get the right guy.
    Formerly ceasar010

Man, if rampant vigilantism is the rule of law up there, remind me to stay the hell out of the Maritimes....
    Depends on where you go. If you live in Preston they only call the police if someone is probably going to get beat to death. A little knuckle-duster is common enough.

If you cannot control all your animal instincts it wont be long until they put you away. Have fun in the slammer mate.
    Never said I couldn't. You've just made an ass out of both of us.

Master of Few Words Senior Member KukriKhan's Avatar

Moderator Note: It is an established backroom rule that we will not generally bash specific religions. So, do not. The thread starter posits that priests do not like women. Stay on that track, or the topic gets flushed.

Thanks for your consideration.
    Be well. Do good. Keep in touch.

The very model of a modern Moderator Xiahou's Avatar

Okay Don, we get it. Christians are an underpowered, softspoken minority being persecuted by the secular majority. Our bad.

Oh, wait.

Hang on.

A Christian-dominated party now controls two of the three branches of government in the most powerful country in the world.

I take back what I said earlier, and replace it with "Please stop your bloody whining."

You realize that both major parties are Christian dominated don't you?
    "Don't believe everything you read online."
    -Abraham Lincoln

Dyslexic agnostic insomniac Senior Member Goofball's Avatar

I'm not whining.

Our White House & our Congress are the lackeys of the Supreme Court, as it should be.

The Constitution says whatever Ruth Bader Ginsburg & her crew say it does, as it should be.

The courts have a decidedly anti-religious slant, as it should be.

Religious persuasion is an evil & pernicious influence and must be eradicated at all levels. It's taken them a long time to get it together, but now that they have all the necessary pieces in place, the US court system is in the process of doing just that. Hoorah for progress! Maybe we could institute some of Robespierre's other lessons for how to run a happy state.
    ^^^^^^ = whining

"What, have Canadians run out of guns to steal from other Canadians and now need to piss all over our glee?"

- TSM

Never said I couldn't. You've just made an ass out of both of us.
    No you have managed to that all by yourself and only to yourself. Wasnt it you who claimed that we cant control our sexual urges forever and you in particular?

^^^^^^ = whining

Here's my impersonation of Goofball:

*With hands over ears...*

LA LA LA LA LA DON CORLEONE IS WHINING LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA I AM RIGHT LA LA LA LA LA LA LA DON CORLEONE IS WHINING LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA I AM NOT LISTENING TO HIM LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA

When you have something more constructive to add, or a more substantive rebuttal, be sure to let me know.

Strike for the South

Master of useless knowledge Senior Member Kitten Shooting Champion, Eskiv Champion Ironside's Avatar

How can you be screwy in the head to be a preist....heck I used to want to be one.

Now I won't stand for it, because I don't agree with it (the insult). But I really hope that this one was a intentional one ceasar. Not good in debates otherwise.

It was too good to let it pass.

On topic. Could someone actually post some statistics on this issue? I agree on Gawain that:

The reason this is a big story is because their preists and held to a higher standard. That and the church trying to cover it up.
    But it would be interesting compare it to other jobs, when it comes to this issue.
    We are all aware that the senses can be deceived, the eyes fooled. But how can we be sure our senses are not being deceived at any particular time, or even all the time? Might I just be a brain in a tank somewhere, tricked all my life into believing in the events of this world by some insane computer? And does my life gain or lose meaning based on my reaction to such solipsism?

Project PYRRHO, Specimen 46, Vat 7
    Activity Recorded M.Y. 2302.22467
    TERMINATION OF SPECIMEN ADVISED

Alienated Senior Member Member Red Harvest's Avatar

Oh, wait.

Hang on.

Amen.

It appears Don objects to the idea of separation of church and state. I have a hard time pointing out times I've been discriminated against as a Christian for practicing my faith. Yet, I can point out many times that "fellow" Christians have tried to force their particular beliefs on me in inappropriate settings. Of course, this isn't just social/private, it would include our President, and execs of companies I've worked for as well.
    Rome Total War, it's not a game, it's a do-it-yourself project.

Dyslexic agnostic insomniac Senior Member Goofball's Avatar

Here's my impersonation of Goofball:

*With hands over ears...*

LA LA LA LA LA DON CORLEONE IS WHINING LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA I AM RIGHT LA LA LA LA LA LA LA DON CORLEONE IS WHINING LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA I AM NOT LISTENING TO HIM LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA

When you have something more constructive to add, or a more substantive rebuttal, be sure to let me know.
    ^^^^^^^^ = whining even harder

"What, have Canadians run out of guns to steal from other Canadians and now need to piss all over our glee?"

- TSM

Quote Originally Posted by Red Harvest
    Amen.

It appears Don objects to the idea of separation of church and state. I have a hard time pointing out times I've been discriminated against as a Christian for practicing my faith. Yet, I can point out many times that "fellow" Christians have tried to force their particular beliefs on me in inappropriate settings. Of course, this isn't just social/private, it would include our President, and execs of companies I've worked for as well.
    Separation of church and state covers a lot of ground. I have no problems with keeping religious dogma out of a law making assembly. But telling kids they're not allowed to wish somebody Merry Christmas?

Stop putting words in my mouth. I'm not shy, and if I want to say I oppose the separation of church and state, I'll say it. Believe it or not, I don't need you to speak for me.

Strike for the South

Alienated Senior Member Member Red Harvest's Avatar

I'm not Catholic, but I find the original point of the thread and titles like this offensive simply because they are not even a fair depiction of the majority of those being lumped in the group. We have plenty of similar thread titles copied from blogs.

If you want to talk about the issue, wouldn't it make a lot more sense asking, "why have there been so many pedophile priests" or something like that?

On topic, but more in the vein of humor: At my best friend's Catholic wedding a decade before the pedophile priest crisis really was a common subject, I still remember my Catholic friends pointing to the various altar boys during rehearsal and snickering, "where priests go wrong."
    Rome Total War, it's not a game, it's a do-it-yourself project.

And goof if you remember right those christians were elected.
    I kind of think that's his entire point...
    Common Unreflected Drinking Only Smartens

IronSide I sent you a PM
    Formerly ceasar010

Master of Few Words Senior Member KukriKhan's Avatar

Topic is obviously exhausted.

Closed.

Thanks to all contributors.
    Be well. Do good. Keep in touch.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12