Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: A Request

Default Re: A Request

I dont get it.What is this whining all about?First in the watchtower backroom,people started an attack against Gawains style.Now US patrons from Conservative side,should start somekind of self cencorship.Why in the bloody h..l?Everyone should be allowed to post what ever they want in here.
    Mods will take care of it, if threads start to get out of line.Its the diversity of opinions that makes this place intresting.GAH!
    Ja Mata Tosainu Sama.

Quote Originally Posted by voigtkampf
    The oddest request I’ve seen in a long time.

After reading literally hundreds and hundreds of threads that were designed specifically to provoke/bash/piss off the conservatives in my time as the Backroom moderator, I have never uttered one word to the left wing to stop with it; this is hilarious.

Like beating the guy half-dead and filing in a lawsuit against him because you’ve hurt your fist while breaking his teeth.

Not that there are any particular heavyweights in Backroom on the left side, since the two of the strongest ones lost interest and mostly stopped posting lately.

Please consider Sasaki’s post as a post of a patron, and not as the staff’s directive. Freedom of speech, something that is highly revered by both left and right, is still in force here at the .Org. Other rules as generally known still apply.

This coming from the man who threatened to ban someone for making fun of his ringtone?

Quote Originally Posted by voightkampf
    I believe that word you could have found is “ban”.

You better edit that crap before I tailor a custom one, just for you, “Big” John. Got the subliminal, genius? You better.

I wouldn’t allow such mocking towards no other member, and certainly not when it’s directed towards Spino, BKS and me. Don’t test my nerves, or we'll test who the actual kid here is.

And next time, think before you type.

From this post I'd thought you cared about keeping a freindly atmosphere in the forum, obviously I was wrong, since you seem to be proud of never having having tried to stop conservative bashing and don't see anything odd in the fact that the left wing heavyweights stopped posting.

Feeding the Peanut Gallery Senior Member Redleg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sasaki Kojiro
    This coming from the man who threatened to ban someone for making fun of his ringtone?
    To bad I missed that post - it had to be funny.

From this post I'd thought you cared about keeping a freindly atmosphere in the forum, obviously I was wrong, since you seem to be proud of never having having tried to stop conservative bashing and don't see anything odd in the fact that the left wing heavyweights stopped posting.
    You might want to ask why some of the left-wing heavyweights stopped posting when the main moderator of the Traven was A.Saturnus, while I disagreed with a lot of his moderation style - he was far from showing baised in favor to the right-wing posters.

Its a primarily a case of their over use of demonizing language and getting themselves in trouble with the moderators of the forum - not some right-wing conspricary (SP) to take over the .org. Many right-wing conservatives have also gotten themselves in the same type of trouble. The difference is they stuck around - while some of the more aggressive Left-wing posters left.

Where is my Tinfoil and duct-tape.
    O well, seems like 'some' people decide to ruin a perfectly valid threat. Nice going guys... doc bean

Member Senior Member Proletariat's Avatar

Could the Conservatives of this board who have of late been posting...
    ...here it comes!

I did not mean it for an accusation of all conservatives.
    LOL

You had better be careful Prole.. You're being tested..

boy of DESTINY Senior Member Big_John's Avatar

now i'm here, and history is vindicated.

TexMec Senior Member Louis VI the Fat's Avatar

Default Re : A Request

*can't we all stop this nonsense bickering? The atmosphere here is getting poisonous*

Anything unrelated to elephants is irrelephant
    Texan by birth, woodpecker by the grace of God
    I would be the voice of your conscience if you had one - Brenus
    Bt why woulf we uy lsn'y Staraft - Fragony
    Not everything
    blue and underlined is a link

Old Town Road Senior Member Strike For The South's Avatar

get along never
    There, but for the grace of God, goes John Bradford

My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

I am tired and sick of war. Its glory is all moonshine. It is only those who have neither fired a shot nor heard the shrieks and groans of the wounded who cry aloud for blood, for vengeance, for desolation.

Mad Professor Senior Member Hurin_Rules's Avatar

Guys, I think Sasaki was just asking us all to tone it down a bit. You're all free to post whatever you like, but remember he's the guy who has to wade through it all, on his own free time to boot, and he was getting a bit fed up with it all. Can you perhaps cut the guy some slack out of respect for all that he does to keep these boards we love so much up and running? Maybe just don't spam new threads, but post in ones that are already started?

P.S. For those of you who didn't notice, your immediate and vitriolic attacks on a moderator basically proved his point about your shotgun approach to spamming on these boards. The fact that you didn't realize this just makes his point all the more obvious. Take a breath, really think about it.
    Last edited by Hurin_Rules; 08-12-2005 at 19:28.
    "I love this fellow God. He's so deliciously evil." --Stuart Griffin

Scruffy Looking Nerf Herder Member Steppe Merc's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gawain of Orkeny
    Wow. First I cant start posts with cut and pastes and now this. We must really be winning the debates here as their trying to censor us.
    Yup. Next all short haired, angry looking avatars will be removed, and you will all have to have long haired, smiling avatars that promote a more friendly atomsphere.
    After that, "random" people will be banned due to a mechanical failure that only leaves people with no politcal opinons and liberals.

"But if you should fall you fall alone,
    If you should stand then who's to guide you?
    If I knew the way I would take you home."
    Grateful Dead, "Ripple"

no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the end is near we must be rid of all the "long hair hippie freaks"
    Formerly ceasar010

Guys, I think Sasaki was just asking us all to tone it down a bit. You're all free to post whatever you like, but remember he's the guy who has to wade through it all, on his own free time to boot, and he was getting a bit fed up with it all. Can you perhaps cut the guy some slack out of respect for all that he does to keep these boards we love so much up and running? Maybe just don't spam new threads, but post in ones that are already started?

P.S. For those of you who didn't notice, your immediate and vitriolic attacks on a moderator basically proved his point about your shotgun approach to spamming on these boards. The fact that you didn't realize this just makes his point all the more obvious. Take a breath, really think about it.
    Is he an assistant moderator for the backroom? Ive never seen him offer any kind of guidance in here.

Also, he directly focused his comments at the conservatives on the board, although he later said it was just a few of them, and I take him for his word.

He is being antagonistic with his little tests and other bullshit, and confronting other mods, which doesnt seem like the behavior of a backroom mod.

Don't worry, I don't exist Member King of Atlantis's Avatar

Honestly cant we all just agree to not just say purely hateful things. Like gah bush sux, he is a complete moron, or the same kinda thing about clinton. Now were arguing over whos being more insulting. I like seing people like Gawain's strong views that i often disagree with and have no problem seing there strong views against someone when the provided evidence and reaseoning. Isnt that all that was being asked?

These kinda threads have been started by both sides and im not pointing any fingers. This bickering seems pointless to me, cant we all just get a long

Quote Originally Posted by King of Atlantis
    Honestly cant we all just agree to not just say purely hateful things. Like gah bush sux, he is a complete moron, or the same kinda thing about clinton. Now were arguing over whos being more insulting. I like seing people like Gawain's strong views that i often disagree with and have no problem seing there strong views against someone when the provided evidence and reaseoning. Isnt that all that was being asked?

These kinda threads have been started by both sides and im not pointing any fingers. This bickering seems pointless to me, cant we all just get a long
    I see a temporary freezing of posting in the backroom coming in the near future - to allow people to calm down a little in their political posts.

O well, seems like 'some' people decide to ruin a perfectly valid threat. Nice going guys... doc bean

Don't worry, I don't exist Member King of Atlantis's Avatar

I dont want that, i mean stong views are great, but just basically bashing somebody is not good

Quote Originally Posted by Redleg
    I see a temporary freezing of posting in the backroom coming in the near future - to allow people to calm down a little in their political posts.

one can only hope...

Ok. When I made the thread I was a little annoyed with a few posters who happened to be conservative. I was thinking of them in the first post and only mentioned them when in reality there are liberal posters who do the same and that is just as bad. I'll apologize if it makes you feel better.

The test thing was antagonistic like PJ said, I was more annoyed by TuffStuffs comment then I like to admit.

Quote Originally Posted by Hurin_Rules
    Guys, I think Sasaki was just asking us all to tone it down a bit.

That pretty much hits the nail on the head.

Part-Time Polemic Senior Member ICantSpellDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Big_John
    though i expect better from tuffstuff.

i wouldnt expect much from me, BJ

:snip: ~Kukri
    Last edited by KukriKhan; 08-13-2005 at 05:18.
    "That rifle hanging on the wall of the working-class flat or labourer's cottage is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there."
    -Eric "George Orwell" Blair

"If the policy of the government, upon vital questions affecting the whole people, is to be irrevocably fixed by decisions of the Supreme Court...the people will have ceased to be their own rulers, having to that extent practically resigned the government into the hands of that eminent tribunal."
    (Lincoln's First Inaugural Address, 1861).
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Tree Killer Senior Member Beirut's Avatar

(This is a paid advertisement for the Org. Frontroom.)

Feeling sad, mad, and bashed?

Can't post without having your head ripped off by a contrary point of view?

Tired of religion, politics, and religious politics?

Come on over to The Frontroom!

The Frontroom is peace and love and music and women. No politics or religion, just good times and free spirits. (Because if you do talk about politics or religion we'll lock your thread and ban your ass so fast your head will explode.)

That's right... The Frontroom!

Come and feel the love.
    Unto each good man a good dog

beirut, do you honestly want these people posting in the frontroom???

Tree Killer Senior Member Beirut's Avatar

Just letting our fellow members know that the Org. has forums for all tastes.

That's it. Bye-bye.
    Unto each good man a good dog

Very Senior Member Gawain of Orkeny's Avatar

I post there quite often. Is there something wrong with me posting there? Am I one of "those people"?
    Fighting for Truth , Justice and the American way

So iposted my opinion once again and i was ignored once again.It seems that the majority of people will only respond when they want to bite your head of.If no one wants to discuss with me about anything here if im not completely wrong .I will stop posting here in backroom .
    Ja Mata Tosainu Sama.

Quote Originally Posted by kagemusha
    So iposted my opinion once again and i was ignored once again.It seems that the majority of people will only respond when they want to bite your head of.If no one wants to discuss with me about anything here if im not completely wrong .I will stop posting here in backroom .
    Well everyone basically agree's with you. People should be able to post what they want so you are not going to get a lot of disputes on this.
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."
    -- John Stewart Mills

But from the absolute will of an entire people there is no appeal, no redemption, no refuge but treason.
    LORD ACTON

Quote Originally Posted by kagemusha
    What you stated made sense to me - didn't think it needed any comments from me. It was read, understood and agreed with.

So iposted my opinion once again and i was ignored once again
    As Redleg said But you are guilty then of ignoring anothers post.

Yesterday 18:27
    Steppe Merc
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Gawain of Orkeny
    Wow. First I cant start posts with cut and pastes and now this. We must really be winning the debates here as their trying to censor us.

Yup. Next all short haired, angry looking avatars will be removed, and you will all have to have long haired, smiling avatars that promote a more friendly atomsphere.
    After that, "random" people will be banned due to a mechanical failure that only leaves people with no politcal opinons and liberals.
    Its Steppe who should be offended He replied to your post.

The Anger Shaman of the .Org Content Manager Voigtkampf's Avatar

I don't think anything good will come out of this thread (except Beirut's advertisment ). I'd kindly suggest everyone to just...drop it.

Before Clegane swings his club.

Today is your victory over yourself of yesterday; tomorrow is your victory over lesser men.

Miyamoto Musashi, The Book of Five Rings, The Water Book

RIP Tosa, my trolling end now Senior Member Devastatin Dave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by voigtkampf
    I don't think anything good will come out of this thread (except Beirut's advertisment ). I'd kindly suggest everyone to just...drop it.

Before Clegane swings his club.
    Agreed, give Sasaki a pacifier, warm blanket, and lay him down for beddy-bye, then close this thread...
    RIP Tosa

Mad Professor Senior Member Hurin_Rules's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Devastatin Dave
    Agreed, give Sasaki a pacifier, warm blanket, and lay him down for beddy-bye, then close this thread...
    Great work guys. You've just alienated one of our best moderators. Keep up the good work, and maybe someday the whole site will be shut down.
    "I love this fellow God. He's so deliciously evil." --Stuart Griffin

Great work guys. You've just alienated one of our best moderators. Keep up the good work, and maybe someday the whole site will be shut down.
    Yet another case of the pot calling the kettle black. It was Sasaki Kojiro who started this by alienating half the people on this forum. Besides he doesn t moderate this forum , that the the powers that be. He only wants half the forum shut down .

He said

please post them in your Club thread instead of spamming the main page with your pointless hatemongering?
    So we should restrict ourselves to our club. Yet we dont even restrict posting by liberals in there.
    Last edited by Gawain of Orkeny; 08-13-2005 at 19:58.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast