Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Infants on no fly list

Dyslexic agnostic insomniac Senior Member Goofball's Avatar

Default Re: Infants on no fly list

Quote Originally Posted by PanzerJager
    LoL.. scare tactics dont work on people with half a brain Tribesman.
    You're absolutely right. It requires a whole brain to realize the dangers of these "security" measures. It's the people with only half a brain that think they are the right thing to do.

(Sorry, PJ, but you can't serve me up a tater like that and expect me not to take it downtown...)
    "What, have Canadians run out of guns to steal from other Canadians and now need to piss all over our glee?"

- TSM

Let me try and salvage the point.

You posted about no fly lists and the hassle they cause some unfortunate people who probably share similar names with terrorist types. You dont think the hassle is worth it, and I disagree. Tribesman jumps in trying to use extraordinary rendition as a scare tactic. The two should not be confused!

Panzer , what I wrote has absolutely nothing to do with extraordinary rendition . It is an everyday occurence
    For example , a Scottish fellow at work has recently been detained 9 times in three countries on his travels , under anti-terror legislation .
    His link to terrorism .......? He bought a van from a car dealership in Dundalk , the person who owns the car dealership is a supporter of the 32C.S.C.
    Since the Scotsman has had a finacial dealing with someone who is linked to a group that is linked to a group that is linked to terrorism , he is now a terrorist suspect .

Senior Member Senior Member English assassin's Avatar

Right. Last time I flew to the U.S. we had to fill in a form. The last question was: 'Are you entering the United States with criminal or terrorist intent?' On a wild guess, I would say everybody on that Air France flight answered 'No'
    The question that asks whether you played a part in the Nazi genocide of the Jews is my favourite. Simon Weisental must be kicking himself for wasting all those years on undercover work when he should just have been mailshotting questionaires.

Anyway, as usual we have a disconnect in the argument. I don't think Goof or Tribesman or anyone else is saying they like terrorism. I think they are saying no fly lists have no chance whatsoever of stopping terrorism. This is because terrorists tend not to list "terrorism" under "occupation" in their passports (damn their fiendish cunning, eh). Therefore the lists are simply annoying normal people, and providing employment for spooks, and should be stopped.

Its a very simple argument, and, even better, can easily be disproved by the no-fly-fans. If you could just give us the name of a terrorist who has been arrested because he or she was pulled aside in an airport as a result of being on the no fly list, I will admit I am wrong.

More generally, and I do not say this casually, I would rather live in a country where people are ocassionally killed by terrorists, than one in which spooks can mess with any aspect of my life without me being told about it or being able to do the slightest thing about it. Whatever happened to "give me liberty or give me death", right wing dudes?
    "The only thing I've gotten out of this thread is that Navaros is claiming that Satan gave Man meat. Awesome." Gorebag

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12