Thread: ADD and the Backroom

Default ADD and the Backroom

Is it just me, or is it almost impossible for us to keep more than maybe one topic up on the front page for a long period of time? I think it is funny myself. Reminds me of the US media. "Well, we talked about this for a day and a half, time to move on." I leave for a week, and all the topics I was keeping up with are on page 3. Wha? We just seem to get new topics daily, which then take our attention, and then we forget about something important we talked about earlier (for example yesterday).

I just wanted to poi... oh look at the kitty...

Azi
    "If you don't want to work, become a reporter. That awful power, the public opinion of the nation, was created by a horde of self-complacent simpletons who failed at ditch digging and shoemaking and fetched up journalism on their way to the poorhouse."
    Mark Twain 1881

Old Town Road Senior Member Strike For The South's Avatar

Default Re: ADD and the Backroom

Because threads get old and stale and must be reaplaced VROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM
    There, but for the grace of God, goes John Bradford

My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

I am tired and sick of war. Its glory is all moonshine. It is only those who have neither fired a shot nor heard the shrieks and groans of the wounded who cry aloud for blood, for vengeance, for desolation.

Alienated Senior Member Member Red Harvest's Avatar

There aren't that many threads that have new info (on topic) after the first 48 hours.
    Rome Total War, it's not a game, it's a do-it-yourself project.

because most things have been discussed, except things like news are coming in daily - which become a thread, where we discuss thing we have already discussed before, probably.
    Common Unreflected Drinking Only Smartens

Dragonslayer Emeritus Senior Member Sigurd's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Azi Tohak

Azi
    Funny

I agree with you. Back in the old days (say around the start of 2003) threads lasted.
    Today a thread you replied to just before you go to sleep for the day may be found on page 2 when you awake in the morning. I guess it’s just a part of the escalating motion of the information based society we live in.
    Status Emeritus

One of the Undutchables Member The Stranger's Avatar

well the Talk your own language thread has never been of the first page (oke 2 times, but everyone was on vacation)

and i think stickeys do a very good job

We do not sow.

Quote Originally Posted by Azi Tohak
    Is it just me, or is it almost impossible for us to keep more than maybe one topic up on the front page for a long period of time? I think it is funny myself. Reminds me of the US media. "Well, we talked about this for a day and a half, time to move on." I leave for a week, and all the topics I was keeping up with are on page 3. Wha? We just seem to get new topics daily, which then take our attention, and then we forget about something important we talked about earlier (for example yesterday).

Azi
    IMHO all discussed topics are on the first two pages.
    Also IMO it is good to have many new topics, so it is easier to choose the theme you like.