Thread: On hate speech...

Default On hate speech...

In a recent thread Indonesia was critizied for lenience against Bashyir and his hate propaganda that lead to the Bali bomb.
    I took a look around and to my surprise, even us Swedes are targeted from fundamentalists.....

Fred Phelps on Swedes

Old Town Road Senior Member Strike For The South's Avatar

Default Re: On hate speech...

What a strange man
    There, but for the grace of God, goes John Bradford

My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

I am tired and sick of war. Its glory is all moonshine. It is only those who have neither fired a shot nor heard the shrieks and groans of the wounded who cry aloud for blood, for vengeance, for desolation.

Blog Entries

I love sweden for allowing bit torrents and giving US lawyers the finger.

Scandinavian and loving it Member Lazul's Avatar

from that site; "THANK GOD FOR ALL DEAD SWEDES!!!" oh really? I might just go 10th century broadsword on that idiot!

Man i hate fundamentalists!
    www.overspun.com

"Freedom without opportunity is a devil's gift."
    --Noam Chomsky

Even though Sweden is the selfproclaimed enemy of Denmark - I still think that those idiots who made that site, should be PuNiShEd
    Common Unreflected Drinking Only Smartens

Scandinavian and loving it Member Lazul's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sjakihata
    Even though Sweden is the selfproclaimed enemy of Denmark...
    oh come on, that was hundreds of years ago, you danes havent gotten over losing Skåne, Halland and Blekinge yet?
    www.overspun.com

"Freedom without opportunity is a devil's gift."
    --Noam Chomsky

TexMec Senior Member Louis VI the Fat's Avatar

Default Re : On hate speech...

What a buch of sick psycho's:

Apparantly, God hates America as much as Sweden:
    Thank God for IEDs killing American soldiers in strange lands every day.

WBC rejoices every time the Lord God in His vengeance kills or maims an American soldier with an Improvised Explosive Device (IED). "The righteous shall rejoice when he seeth the vengeance: he shall wash his feet in the blood of the wicked" (Ps. 58:10).

This is the picture that America deserves. Get used to it! You worship at the fag altar, you get boxes draped in your fag flag coming home!

To most effectively cause America to know her abominations (Ez. 16:2), WBC will picket the funerals of these Godless, fag army American soldiers when their pieces return home.
    Read why John Paul II and Ronald Reagan are in hell !

Oh, and God hates Canada too!
    Anything unrelated to elephants is irrelephant
    Texan by birth, woodpecker by the grace of God
    I would be the voice of your conscience if you had one - Brenus
    Bt why woulf we uy lsn'y Staraft - Fragony
    Not everything
    blue and underlined is a link

Well looks like some one needs the firing squad......
    Formerly ceasar010

Standing Up For Rationality Senior Member Ronin's Avatar

that sounds like a bit of a stretch...damn....

ok..sweden is responsible for the whole ikea thing...but still geeezz....

take a chill pill allready.
    "If given the choice to be the shepherd or the sheep... be the wolf"
    -Josh Homme
    "That's the difference between me and the rest of the world! Happiness isn't good enough for me! I demand euphoria!"
    - Calvin

Default Re : On hate speech...

Yes, Ikea sucks. But Volvo is allright. And they gave us ABBA! And millions of tall, blond babes!
    Not everything

Does any one else agree that the people who wrote this

hank God for IEDs killing American soldiers in strange lands every day.

WBC rejoices every time the Lord God in His vengeance kills or maims an American soldier with an Improvised Explosive Device (IED). "The righteous shall rejoice when he seeth the vengeance: he shall wash his feet in the blood of the wicked" (Ps. 58:10).

This is the picture that America deserves. Get used to it! You worship at the fag altar, you get boxes draped in your fag flag coming home!

To most effectively cause America to know her abominations (Ez. 16:2), WBC will picket the funerals of these Godless, fag army American soldiers when their pieces return home.

should be shot?
    Formerly ceasar010

Quote Originally Posted by ceasar010

should be shot?
    Do you think those who said the things about Sweden should be shot? Do you think they should be shot if they said it about France, Iraq, Iran or N. Korea?

American since 2012 Senior Member AntiochusIII's Avatar

Does any one else agree that the people who wrote this should be shot?
    Nah, we're civilized, happy-go-lucky people. We don't shoot the mentally impaired, we lock them up and try to heal them.

Default Re : Re: On hate speech...

should be shot?
    Yes! To hell with their seventh century minds. A religion that sprouts forth this sort of extremists must be intrinsically evil! And the country that supports them must be bombed back into the stone age!

That's what's so clever about this thread.
    Not everything

Do you think those who said the things about Sweden should be shot? Do you think they should be shot if they said it about France, Iraq, Iran or N. Korea?

I don't like North korea or Iran....their governments are crazy....Will I be sad if soldiers from their die NO, but I will not dance on their grave and rejoice like these people.

(and why would i say that about france or iraq....france is a stubborn ally imo and the iraqi army is on our side )
    Formerly ceasar010

ROFL! It's a satire, you dweebs. Who in their right mind could take such drivle seriously? Just go to the monument for Green - see? It's a satirical message against hate .... not for it.

Here are some real hate sites:

For the true Christian messages:
    http://www.chick.com

http://www.humaneventsonline.com/sea...me=Ann+Coulter

Or, for more satire:

http://www.landoverbaptist.org

No doubt, there are those that feel the way this blog expresses opinion - but, that ain't one of them.
    To forgive bad deeds is Christian; to reward them is Republican. 'MC' Rove
    The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.
    ]Clowns to the right of me, Jokers to the left ... here I am - stuck in the middle with you.

Save the Whales. Collect the whole set of them.

Better to have your enemys in the tent pissin' out, than have them outside the tent pissin' in. LBJ

He who laughs last thinks slowest.

Sorry to go off topic, but I just noticed your Bob Dylan quote: Clowns to the right of me, Jokers to the left ... here I am - stuck in the middle with you.

It's a good song and a perfect quote for this forum

Red face Re: On hate speech...

Sorry to go off topic, but I just noticed your Bob Dylan quote: Clowns to the right of me, Jokers to the left ... here I am - stuck in the middle with you.

It's a good song and a perfect quote for this forum
    dylan may have come up with the lyrics...

but steelers wheel own him with their version

*flashbacks to michael madsen, a knife and a can of gas*
    -Josh Homme
    "That's the difference between me and the rest of the world! Happiness isn't good enough for me! I demand euphoria!"
    - Calvin

Praefectus Fabrum Senior Member Anime BlackJack Champion, Flash Poker Champion, Word Up Champion, Shape Game Champion, Snake Shooter Champion, Fishwater Challenge Champion, Rocket Racer MX Champion, Jukebox Hero Champion, My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion, Funky Pong Champion, Cutie Quake Champion, Fling The Cow Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Virus Champion, Solitaire Champion, Worm Race Champion, Rope Walker Champion, Penguin Pass Champion, Skate Park Champion, Watch Out Champion, Lawn Pac Champion, Weapons Of Mass Destruction Champion, Skate Boarder Champion, Lane Bowling Champion, Bugz Champion, Makai Grand Prix 2 Champion, White Van Man Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, BlackJack Champion, Stans Ski Jumping Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Sofa Longjump Champion Seamus Fermanagh's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin
    dylan may have come up with the lyrics...

but steelers wheel own him with their version

*flashbacks to michael madsen, a knife and a can of gas*
    I suppose that you're going to "surprise" me next with the stunning revelation that Bob Dylan has a miserable voice.

No S Sherlock. He's a good songwriter. Virtually ALL of his tunes were done better as covers by other people to whom God gave working vocal chords.

SF
    "The only way that has ever been discovered to have a lot of people cooperate together voluntarily is through the free market. And that's why it's so essential to preserving individual freedom.” -- Milton Friedman

"The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule." -- H. L. Mencken

Wink Re: On hate speech...

Quote Originally Posted by Seamus Fermanagh
    I suppose that you're going to "surprise" me next with the stunning revelation that Bob Dylan has a miserable voice.

No S Sherlock. He's a good songwriter. Virtually ALL of his tunes were done better as covers by other people to whom God gave working vocal chords.

SF

someone got up on his wrong foot today

okay man..we agree.
    -Josh Homme
    - Calvin

Quote Originally Posted by Seamus Fermanagh

SF
    haha, what utter nonsense. have you ever listened to albums like Nashville Skyline and a song like Subterreanen homesick blues?

Bob Dylan has a perfect voice, especially his younger voice between 63-72 is good. However, i like the rusty cling it has now as well.

Quote Originally Posted by KafirChobee
    It's a satire, you dweebs. Who in their right mind could take such drivle seriously?
    I don't think it is satire, KC. This Fred Phelps guy and the Westboro Baptist Church in Topeka, Kansas are for real. They hold opinions that are so extreme it's almost unreal.

But I agree that few take this drivel serious. This is not even representative of fundamentalist American Christians, let alone religious Americans or Americans in general.

Which is the point. I have enough judgement to see that the vast majority of Americans are, well, 'normal'. I also think most Indonesians - most of whom are muslim - are normal people. The same goes for Iraqi's, Iranians, Bob Dylan fans.

Though I'm not convinced of the normality of them Swedes.

Bunch of cownapping terrorist scum:
    Not everything

Bob Dylan has a perfect voice, especially his younger voice between 63-72 is good.
    Yeah. Shame he's way past the age of 72 by now.
    Not everything

Fred Phelps is no satire. that guy's Church and protests all over the USA and Canada are very real

even i must admit that the way he presents his ideas is a bit whacked-out, however he does have an underlying point

the point being that Churches must stand up and speak out against the evil upon this Earth. sadly, his whacked-out presentation is one of the few examples of Churches today actually being bold enough to stand up for their beliefs.

i respect someone who is bold enough to stand up for what he believes in despite the world at large hating him for it.

American since 2012 Senior Member AntiochusIII's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Navaros
    i respect someone who is bold enough to stand up for what he believes in despite the world at large hating him for it.
    Gah! We don't hate him! We just want to hug him with our arms and hearts filled with idealistic, irrational love and put him into the care of our beautiful nurses at the nearest mental hospital, in Kansas, of course. We don't want him to miss home. If we ever harm him even if it's a single hair the Swedes will be VERY angry that we treat their secret American admirers badly.

Quote Originally Posted by Navaros
    Fred Phelps is no satire. that guy's Church and protests all over the USA and Canada are very real

even i must admit that the way he presents his ideas is a bit whacked-out, however he does have an underlying point

the point being that Churches must stand up and speak out against the evil upon this Earth. sadly, his whacked-out presentation is one of the few examples of Churches today actually being bold enough to stand up for their beliefs.

You respect someone so full of hate he would preach murder on others?

Is this the kind of morality you are standing up for?
    GARCIN: I "dreamt," you say. It was no dream. When I chose the hardest path, I made my choice deliberately. A man is what he wills himself to be.
    INEZ: Prove it. Prove it was no dream. It's what one does, and nothing else, that shows the stuff one's made of.
    GARCIN: I died too soon. I wasn't allowed time to - to do my deeds.
    INEZ: One always dies too soon - or too late. And yet one's whole life is complete at that moment, with a line drawn neatly under it, ready for the summing up. You are - your life, and nothing else.

Jean Paul Sartre - No Exit 1944

The Swedish Royal family have already taken legal actions against him, but with no success since in US this is ok.
    Strangely enough, this pattern seems familiar from the middle east and we all know what that ended in.......

Alienated Senior Member Member Red Harvest's Avatar

You guys are just discovering Fred Phelps??? LOL, he's a total whack job, just like Bashir and the rest. To my knowledge he hasn't actually been connected to any terrorist acts yet. He is full of hate speech and should be treated as a criminal.
    Rome Total War, it's not a game, it's a do-it-yourself project.

"'elp! I'm bein' repressed!" Senior Member Aenlic's Avatar

Fred Phelps is proof that in spite of being the "melting-pot" of many peoples and cultures, America hasn't quite managed to stamp out inbreeding. You'd think with all of the genetic diversity, people would be able to find someone other than their sister to marry. I guess we in America should just consider ourselves lucky that some of our citizens with a shortage of branches in the family tree - like Mr Phelps and others of his psycho-religious ilk - even have opposable thumbs.
    "Dee dee dee!" - Annoymous (the "differently challenged" and much funnier twin of Anonymous)

Default Re: Re : Re: On hate speech...

Quote Originally Posted by Louis IV the Fat
    I don't think it is satire, KC. This Fred Phelps guy and the Westboro Baptist Church in Topeka, Kansas are for real. They hold opinions that are so extreme it's almost unreal.

But I agree that few take this drivel serious. This is not even representative of fundamentalist American Christians, let alone religious Americans or Americans in general.

Which is the point. I have enough judgement to see that the vast majority of Americans are, well, 'normal'. I also think most Indonesians - most of whom are muslim - are normal people. The same goes for Iraqi's, Iranians, Bob Dylan fans.

Though I'm not convinced of the normality of them Swedes.

Bunch of cownapping terrorist scum:
    Now, you scare me. That a site like this exists and there are those that take it serious? It almost justifies alQuada - in that we have Christian jihadists. Those so bent on their own justification of their prejudices that they actually justify those they oppose. Is a curious thing, how one feeds off the other, how one justifys the growth of the other. Odd, eh? That by denying that one side has a point, the other side confesses in not having one either - except in countering the others. In that, for one to exist the other must also - otherwise they neither have a purpose or reason to exist.

Curious? Eh?
    To forgive bad deeds is Christian; to reward them is Republican. 'MC' Rove
    The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.
    ]Clowns to the right of me, Jokers to the left ... here I am - stuck in the middle with you.

Save the Whales. Collect the whole set of them.

Better to have your enemys in the tent pissin' out, than have them outside the tent pissin' in. LBJ

He who laughs last thinks slowest.