Thread: Shogun Total War Geography

Jillian & Allison's Daddy Senior Member Don Corleone's Avatar

Default Shogun Total War Geography

Does anybody know why the developers used the islands of Kyushu, Shikoku and Honshu but not Hokkaido?

Also, completely unrelated, what does it take to make Geishas?
    "A man who doesn't spend time with his family can never be a real man."
    Don Vito Corleone: The Godfather, Part 1.

"Then wait for them and swear to God in heaven that if they spew that bull to you or your family again you will cave there heads in with a sledgehammer"
    Strike for the South

Default Re: Shogun Total War Geography

Quote Originally Posted by Don Corleone
    Does anybody know why the developers used the islands of Kyushu, Shikoku and Honshu but not Hokkaido?

Also, completely unrelated, what does it take to make Geishas?
    I think that the developers left out Hokkaido because in period of Sengoku Jidai There wasnt really that much action in Hokkaido.If i remember correctly you can train geisha when you have tranguil garden,Citadel and ninja house.
    Ja Mata Tosainu Sama.

Not sure but should be:
    tranquil garden, ninja house and Shinobi house (the one producing the most trained shinobi) and the citadel.
    Paperi si nasce

According to the "Technology Tree" diagram I got with STW:WE, to get the Geisha House - you need the Tranquil Garden, Infamous Ninja House & the Legendary Tea House.

Flavius Claudius Julianus Member NodachiSam's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by YoJimbO_WuXin
    According to the "Technology Tree" diagram I got with STW:WE, to get the Geisha House - you need the Tranquil Garden, Infamous Ninja House & the Legendary Tea House.

Yea, that. It always takes so long... which is probably a good thing.
    Please check out my art http://calcaneus.deviantart.com/

Weird Organism Senior Member Drisos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by YoJimbO_WuXin
    That's correct. trainings a geisha will take you 16 turns sadly...

edit: I don't know about the geography thing.
    - Chu - Gi - Makoto - Rei - Jin - Yu - Meiyo -

Excuse me, - I haven't time for completion of my MP Shogun project, but I can answer this question. This is quote from "Duke Shimazu" post from EU Forum (I haven't time for making my own explanation - then this answer is quite complete thng for your question.)
    The name Ezochi means The Land (Chi) of Emishi. Emishi was a collective term for northern tribes who didn't accept the sovereignty of the Yamato dynasty. In ancient days Emishi controlled the northern half of Honshu. So Kantou and Tohoku were called Ezochi in those days.
    In 8th century, the emperor appointed Sakanoue Tamuramaro as Seii-Tai-Shogun to conquer Emishi. He was the first Shogun, given the imperium to command all soldiers and cavalries for the purpose of conquest, though he was a royal subject to the emperor. He successfully conquered all Honshu, leaving only the northern island for Emishi. So the island became new Ezochi.
    Throughout EU2 period (1418-1818), the island remained called Ezochi. After the Meiji Restoration, the Meiji government renamed it Hokkaido, which means "the region of northern seas."

I must add to this info just one thing. First time - when Hokkaido began to be place for historical affairs was 1868. This is quote from official article about different Japan prefectures:

Hokkaidō was known as Ezo until the Meiji Restoration. Shortly after the Boshin War of 1868, a group of Tokugawa loyalists led by Enomoto Takeaki proclaimed the island's independence as the Republic of Ezo, but the rebellion was crushed in May 1869. For a few years following the Meiji Restoration, Hokkaido was separated into 4 prefectures.

In other words - in Sengoku Jidai timespan - there wasn't ANY form of military activity in "Ezochi" or "Hokkaido" at all.

Bash

Member thankful for this post:

Thank you everyone for the great answers. Thanks to you, I know have produced a Geisha house & I understand what was going on (or wasn't) on the island of Hokkaido during the Sengoku Jidai.

Much appreciated.

"Then wait for them and swear to God in heaven that if they spew that bull to you or your family again you will cave there heads in with a sledgehammer"
    Strike for the South

Thank you everyone for the great answers. Thanks to you, I know have produced a Geisha house & I understand what was going on (or wasn't) on the island of Hokkaido during the Sengoku Jidai.

Much appreciated.

hey are you still intrested in some mp soon?

As a matter of fact, I believe I am! Now... where can I set up and play a round in 1 hour or less? I'm afraid my free time these days has been severely curtailed....

Strike for the South

well check the 'STW MP'forum. and check the 'How to host shogun MP games?'thread. see you soon in stw mp I hope!

ps: I always log in to msn when I have time to play. if you have msn and don't mind giving it, please do so via pm. it's an easy way to contact and get in some games

Well at the 1500s, Hokkaido was not even Japanese soil. Some other tribe who are not Japanese were living there. Sadly, Japanese rulers assimilated them, not let them live well, and they disappeared.