Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: [BI] Adding a new religion

Default Re: [BI] Adding a new religion

Well been able to add manichaeism and Arianism but I cant get the religions to appear in the regions (cities). Only the old religion shows with 80 % (so 80 % in all) when I added manichaeism 20 %. I checked everything and deleted the rmw map but still don´t see the religious breakdown. What could be the problem?

Edit an example:

Babylonia
    legion: Parthica
    Ctesiphon
    sassanids
    Persians
    177 58 167
    iron, slaves, silk, elephants, camels, sughdian
    manichaeism 20 zoroastrian 80

Manichaeism is present with a symbol under conversions but no symbol appears under religious breakdown. Most peculiar

Found it, I spelled manichaeism with a M instead of m like this...puh, finally.

manichaeism
    data/ui/pips/pip_religion_pagan_positive.tga
    data/ui/pips/pip_religion_pagan_negative.tga
    data/ui/pips/pip_religion_pagan.tga
    MANICHAEISM_LABEL
    MANICHAEISM_UNREST
    MANICHAEISM_ORDER

Urwendur Ûrîbêl Senior Member Mouzafphaerre's Avatar

Congrats.

Ja mata Tosa Inu-sama, Hore Tore, Adrian II, Sigurd, Fragony

Mouzafphaerre is known elsewhere as Urwendil/Urwendur/Kibilturg...

Urwendur Ûrîbêl Senior Member Mouzafphaerre's Avatar

Duplicate post; please delete.
    Last edited by Mouzafphaerre; 10-22-2005 at 08:37.
    Ja mata Tosa Inu-sama, Hore Tore, Adrian II, Sigurd, Fragony

Mouzafphaerre is known elsewhere as Urwendil/Urwendur/Kibilturg...

Thanks but next problem

Newly added religions do not cause unrest. I searched but could not find any solution. Ideas? Ie the religions appear but they don´t have "unrest" effect

Harbinger of... saliva Member alpaca's Avatar

Ye, I'm aware of the problem and currently snooping around about this.
    I'll edit it into the tutorial, too.

Thread killer Member Rodion Romanovich's Avatar

I have an idea that might be interesting to check out. Have you tried making any added religion a majority in a settlement? Does it still not cause unrest? Frankly in RTW-BI vanilla I haven't seen both zoroastrianism and paganism cause unrest at the same time in a Christian settlement. A possible theory could be that only the strongest non-official religion can cause unrest in a settlement.
    Under construction...

"In countries like Iran, Saudi Arabia and Norway, there is no separation of church and state." - HoreTore

Quote Originally Posted by LegioXXXUlpiaVictrix
    I have an idea that might be interesting to check out. Have you tried making any added religion a majority in a settlement? Does it still not cause unrest? Frankly in RTW-BI vanilla I haven't seen both zoroastrianism and paganism cause unrest at the same time in a Christian settlement. A possible theory could be that only the strongest non-official religion can cause unrest in a settlement.
    Nope, does not work that way

Media
    legion: Parthica
    Arsakia
    sassanids
    Sughdians
    58 167 177
    iron, slaves, silk, camels, sughdian
    manichaeism 70 zoroastrian 30

No unrest

is not a senior Member Meneldil's Avatar

Default Re : [BI] Adding a new religion

Well, in your case, 'manichaeism 70' shouldn't cause unrest, because it's the official religion. Now, if 'zoroastrian 30' doesn't cause unrest, there's obviously a problem.

Default Re: Re : [BI] Adding a new religion

Quote Originally Posted by Meneldil
    Well, in your case, 'manichaeism 70' shouldn't cause unrest, because it's the official religion. Now, if 'zoroastrian 30' doesn't cause unrest, there's obviously a problem.
    Yep, a majority religion should not cause unrest but as you point out neither does zoroastrian which is peculiar. The new religion is not connected to the unrest feature as it is. You could add a new religion building to model it but that is not a real solution. Must look into this more

You have to keep in mind that the official religion is that of the religious building and not that of the majority of believers.
    I don't have any results so far, but I'll look a little more into it this evening.

Quote Originally Posted by alpaca
    You have to keep in mind that the official religion is that of the religious building and not that of the majority of believers.
    I don't have any results so far, but I'll look a little more into it this evening.
    Good luck, seems difficult I will check too

I was looking a bit on this today, not as much as I wanted, but still a bit... It's irritating that the new religions don't effect, but for our project we don't really need more then three religions, but still it would be nice if we could have more... anyway, have someone tried to remove the three first, and then added your own, keeping nothing of the old? And if you have, has they caused unrest now? Because in my eyes, if they don't cause unrest after the three first have been removed, it smells hardcoded to me.

If no one has done this, I might try tomorrow...
    Supporter and retired teammember of the Wheel of Time mod.

is not a senior Member Meneldil's Avatar

Default Re : [BI] Adding a new religion

Bernhard > So it would appear that the game can't handle the effect of unrest if there's more than 3 religions ?

If I'm not fooling myself, there should be an unrest anyway, if there are 2 religions in a city

Default Re: Re : [BI] Adding a new religion

Quote Originally Posted by Meneldil
    Bernhard > So it would appear that the game can't handle the effect of unrest if there's more than 3 religions ?

If I'm not fooling myself, there should be an unrest anyway, if there are 2 religions in a city
    Seems so but I am not a mod expert at all. Maybe some wizard will find out how to mod in unrest for new religions if this is not hardcoded.

Quote Originally Posted by Andreas
    I was looking a bit on this today, not as much as I wanted, but still a bit... It's irritating that the new religions don't effect, but for our project we don't really need more then three religions, but still it would be nice if we could have more... anyway, have someone tried to remove the three first, and then added your own, keeping nothing of the old? And if you have, has they caused unrest now? Because in my eyes, if they don't cause unrest after the three first have been removed, it smells hardcoded to me.

If no one has done this, I might try tomorrow...
    Nope have not tried that yet, busy adding religious buildings at the moment but if you have tested let me know

Well I changed the order in the descr_belief file and only the three religions that appear first in it cause unrest.
    So if you shift e.g. zoroastrian to the end and insert another religion in the 3rd slot, the newly inserted religion causes unrest but zoroastrianism doesn't.
    I think this is hardcoded, but I'm not completely sure.

Yes, I have tested this too... removed all starting religons with my own, no problem(hell of alot of replacing though... context rocks)... But the fourth wont work. Seems hardcoded, yes... too bad. I hope they patch it.... seems unlikely they would though.

Sad to hear since this would have been a very interesting feature. Wonder if the "conversion" effect is broken too? I have tried to implement some changes but so far not been able to mod it correctly. I will try again and if I fail I might post my chnages for opinions on what I am doing wrong.

the conversion work for the three first in the list at least... I haven't been able to test more yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Andreas
    the conversion work for the three first in the list at least... I haven't been able to test more yet.
    I tried to test using my mod for Manichaeism and Arianism (using Alpaca´s instructions) yesterday but I could not launch the game so something went wrong. I have checked my mods carefully but can´t find the problem. I have now posted a thread in the mod question forum so if anyone reading here care to review my work please feel free to do so and hopefully my material may come to use at some point

Hmm seems like I have a strange problem... Look here:
    http://files.upl.silentwhisper.net/upload3/isthisit.JPG
    You see the problem? That is the wrong text for that line...

Another interesting thing would be to add belief figures to a spy, and put him in one settlement and see if he effects it:) I'll have to try someday.

Thread killer Member Rodion Romanovich's Avatar

Andreas, could you please tell how you did to get the right icons for the religions? Where did you put them and what format and size should the icon have? Then it's easier for me to help testing the edited religions.
    Under construction...

"In countries like Iran, Saudi Arabia and Norway, there is no separation of church and state." - HoreTore

Conversion works fine.

You create a ui folder in you original rome data folder, in that ui folder you create a folder named pips and put them in there.

TGA's, 16x16 px.

Should be added to the guide:)

Edit: alpaca: good:)

Ok, 24 bit TGAs?

Edit: Oh dear, it really has to be added to the R:TW base dir, you can't put it into a mod directory...
    I'll edit it in.
    Last edited by alpaca; 10-25-2005 at 19:05.

I used 32 bit, so i guess any is ok.

And as for your descr:
    The pips have to be 24-bit TGA files with 16x16 pixels size. The directory information is resolved to the original R:TW base directory, so you have to create a folder called "Rome: Total War/data/ui/" then "/data/ui/pips" and put the images in there.
    Might be read as the folder should be:Rome: Total War/data/ui/data/ui/pips if you're new to modding?
    Last edited by Andreas; 10-26-2005 at 07:57.

Hmm true.

Of course;)

Well, I tested spies for effecting the conversion rate... didn't work:( To bad, could have been a cool strategical element, create havoc with hidden preachers.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast