Default Jidai no Ran Mod Team

Mod Creator:PROMETHEUS

Team leader:Kagemusha

GRAPHICALL TEAM

Taneda Santoka

Tomte of Doom(Inactive)

Marbod(Inactive)

UI MODIFICATORS TEAM

Asterix, for Unit Cards and Unit descriptions - Names lists and traits and faction descriptions.(Inactive)

Atterdag,ancillaries.

Gaddis,traits and ancillaries.

HISTORIAN TEAM

Kagemusha,for historicall informations

AngusH,for historical informations(inactive)

Wild Bill Kelso,for historicall information.

Shos(Inactive)

Tomte of Doom,for historicall informations(inactive)

Movies

Fenian, for moviemaking and testing(inactive)

CODERS and scripters

Kagemusha

Lionskin

Oscarreeve

MAPMAKERS

BDH, map making(Inactive)

Uranos, map adjustments

AI MANAGEMENT

Darth Vader, New Ai and Formations

MUSIC AND SFX

DarkRagnar, Musics and SFX(Inactive)

Courso,Music

WEBPAGE

Kdar

PR

Seijitai
    Last edited by Kagemusha; 04-26-2007 at 19:35.
    Ja Mata Tosainu Sama.

Weird Organism Senior Member Drisos's Avatar

Default Re: SHOGUN Mod Team

Good to see this forum here... I kinda prefer the .org over TWcenter so now I can keep an eye on this great mod! I wish you all much succes with this... and hope to play it soon!

ps: Pm tosa to get mod abilities in this forum so you can keep it clean
    - Chu - Gi - Makoto - Rei - Jin - Yu - Meiyo -

Thanks Drisos m8! Dont worry i already have in this Forum.
    Ja Mata Tosainu Sama.

Uhm don't forget...

SomeNick - Promotions / Free Advertising

lol!
    jk...

Good to see this mod has such an excellent team and Prometheus has developed some really cool modding skills since I last saw his posts in the last attempt at an stw mod. Those Sohei will look quite the treat on the battle field. But I see torches in some of the pics, so is the mod for BI/ RTW then?

Great work guys!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Check out Shogun : Total War Mod for RTW in development! >>> http://www.stratcommandcenter.com/fo...p?showforum=97

Thanks Somenick! And yes the mod will be based on Bi.And we are always recruiting for new members so anyone who feels he or she can help us out,post it in here.
    Last edited by Kagemusha; 11-11-2005 at 01:38.
    Ja Mata Tosainu Sama.

lol somenick

add:

Drisos Mental Support / Testing over and over

Lol! about testing you may get to test the battles sooner then you think m8!
    Ja Mata Tosainu Sama.

Good! don't be too fast though... I still need to get BI and a new computer

I suggest you start gathering cash fast.
    Ja Mata Tosainu Sama.

BI is not a problem, but that computer... awww. Luckily my parents will buy one

Wellcome to our latest team mate, Lord Rahl. Who is doing character portraits for us.
    Ja Mata Tosainu Sama.

Magister Vitae Senior Member Kraxis's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kagemusha
    Wellcome to our latest team mate, Lord Rahl. Who is doing character portraits for us.
    We see progress soon, or we wait... We impatient.

Btw, you could add me as consultant on unit descriptions... I mean the Hirazamurai and Hatamoto Yakko, they are after all a bit of my forte.
    Last edited by Kraxis; 12-02-2005 at 22:55.
    You may not care about war, but war cares about you!

Quote Originally Posted by Kraxis
    We see progress soon, or we wait... We impatient.

Btw, you could add me as consultant on unit descriptions... I mean the Hirazamurai and Hatamoto Yakko, they are after all a bit of my forte.
    If you would like to be part of the team.It would be our honour to add you in Kraxis.
    Ja Mata Tosainu Sama.

Wellcome to our two new team members,Charlie_Ack and Azek!These guys will be both working on the game graphics.
    Ja Mata Tosainu Sama.

Wellcome to our latest member of the team Harookitei!!
    Ja Mata Tosainu Sama.

What will Harookitei be doing?

Defender Troll Member Revolting Friendship's Avatar

Harookitei will be helping out with our webpage.

Also, we should credit a personal friend of mine who served us with 1gb of secure hosting space. This means that once the mod is done, everyone will be able to easily download it at a nice speed.
    lol

Updated. Some people that has been inactive has been purged.And id like to Wellcome Lionskin and NormanPain in the team.
    Ja Mata Tosainu Sama.

Post Re: SHOGUN Mod Team

Quote Originally Posted by Kagemusha
    Updated. Some people that has been inactive has been purged.And id like to Wellcome Lionskin and NormanPain in the team.
    Hi Kagemusha,

Since I was purged and not hearing of this, but stumbling upon it, Why was I not told anything?
    I'm not angry or pissed off, just wondering why no one said anything. A hororable mention should be made to everyone who added to the mod, regardless of how much they added.
    Blackadder:"Whatever it was, I'm sure it was better than my plan to get out of this by pretending to be mad. I mean, who would have noticed another madman round here?"

https://skender.be/supportdenmark/#CS

Hello there Helgi, please tell me what you have done for this mod and I will make sure that you are properly attributed for it.

Also, if you can further support us, make sure to let us know because we are in dire need of good help. It will require dedication and determination however, since we have had serious problems with dropouts and such.
    lol

Angry Re: SHOGUN Mod Team

Quote Originally Posted by TomteOfDoom
    Hello there Helgi, please tell me what you have done for this mod and I will make sure that you are properly attributed for it.

Also, if you can further support us, make sure to let us know because we are in dire need of good help. It will require dedication and determination however, since we have had serious problems with dropouts and such.
    11-14-2005, 18:45 View your Warnings #27 Helgi vbmenu_register("postmenu_982464", true);
    The Sleepy

Re: Takeda dumpster.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by kagemusha
    Great material Helgi!

At work, I specialize in finding information, mostly scientific journals, and thanks

http://skender.be/supportdenmark/#CS

HelgiView Public ProfileSend a private message to HelgiSend email to HelgiFind More Posts by HelgiAdd Helgi to Your Buddy List
    11-14-2005, 21:40 View your Warnings #28 Helgi vbmenu_register("postmenu_982589", true);
    The Sleepy

Spoiler Alert, click show to read:
    Battles of Kawanakajima

navigation, search

A painting of a battle at KawanakajimaConflict: Sengoku periodDate: September 10, 1561Place: Kawanakajima, Shinano ProvinceOutcome: Takeda Shingen victoryCombatantsforces of Takeda Shingenforces of Uesugi KenshinCommandersTakeda Shingen, Yamamoto Kansuke, Kosaka Danjo Masanobu, othersUesugi Kenshin, Kakizaki Kageie, othersStrength20,00018,000Casualties12,40012,960Ca mpaigns of the TakedaUn no Kuchi - Sezawa - Uehara - Kuwabara - Fukuyo - Nagakubo - Kojinyama - Takatō 1545 - Ryūgasaki - Uchiyama - Odaihara - Shika - Uedahara - Shiojiritoge - Fukashi - Toishi - Katsurao - Kiso Fukushima - Kannomine - Matsuo - Kawanakajima - Musashi-Matsuyama - Kuragano - Minowa - Odawara - Mimasetoge - Kanbara - Hanazawa - Fukazawa - Iwamura - Futamata - Mikata ga Hara - Noda - Yoshida - Nagashino - Omosu - Takatenjin - Temmokuzan - Takatō 1582The battles of Kawanakajima (川中島の戦い, Kawanakajima no tatakai?) were fought in the Sengoku Period of Japan between Takeda Shingen of Kai province and Uesugi Kenshin of Echigo province in the plain of Kawanakajima, in the north of Shinano Province, very near the modern-day city of Nagano.
    The five major battles took place in 1553, 1555, 1557, 1561 and 1564. The best known and severest among them was fought on September 10, 1561.
    The battles started after Shingen conquered Shinano province, expelling Murakami Yoshiharu and Ogasawara Nagatoki who subsequently turned to Kenshin for help.
    • In the First Battle of Kawanakajima, in June of 1553, Takeda Shingen penetrated far into the Kawanakajima plain, his vangard encountering the forces of Uesugi Kenshin at a shrine to Hachiman. They disengaged, and met up again a few kilometers away, but no decisive battle was fought.
    • In 1555, the second battle of Kawanakajima, also known as the Battle of Saigawa, began when Takeda Shingen returned to Kawanakajima, advancing up to the Sai River. He made camp on a hill to the south of the river, while Uesugi Kenshin was camped just east of the Zenkoji temple, which provided him an excellent view of the plain. However, the Kurita family, allies of Takeda, held a fortress called Asahiyama a few kilometers to the west; they menaced Uesugi's right flank. Kurita Kakuju's defenses were bolstered by 3000 of Takeda's warriors.
    Uesugi launched a number of attacks against the Asahiyama fortress, but all were repulsed. Eventually he moved his army onto the plain, redirecting his attention on Takeda's main force. However, rather than attacking, both armies waited, for months, for the other to make a move. Finally, battle was avoided as both leaders retired to deal with domestic affairs in their home provinces.
    • The third battle took place in 1557 when Takeda Shingen captured a fortress called Katsurayama, overlooking the Zenkoji temple from the north-west. He then attempted to take Iiyama castle, but withdrew after Uesugi Kenshin led an army out of Zenkoji.
    • The fourth battle resulted in greater casualties for both sides, as a percentage of total forces, than any other battle in the Sengoku Period, and is one of the most tactically interesting battles of the period as well. In September of 1561, Uesugi Kenshin left his Kasugayama fortress with 18,000 warriors, determined to destroy Takeda Shingen. He left some of his forces at Zenkoji, but took up a position on Saijoyama, a mountain to the west of, and looking down upon, Shingen's Kaizu castle. Unbeknownst to Kenshin, the Kaizu castle contained no more than 150 samurai, and their followers, and he had taken them completely by surprise. However, the general in command of the castle, Kosaka Danjo Masanobu, through a system of signal fires, informed his lord, in Tsutsujigasaki fortress, 130 km away in Kōfu, of Kenshin's move.
    Shingen left Kōfu with 16,000 men, acquiring 4000 more as he traveled through Shinano Province, approaching Kawanakajima on the west bank of the Chikumagawa (Chikuma River), keeping the river between him and Saijoyama. Neither army made a move, knowing that victory would require the element of surprise, to throw the enemy off-balance; Shingen was allowed into his fortress at Kaizu. Along with his gun-bugyō (army commissioner), Yamamoto Kansuke, a strategy was conceived.
    Kosaka Danjo Masanobu left Kaizu with 8000 men, advancing up Saijoyama under cover of night, intending to drive Kenshin's army down to the plain where Takeda Shingen would be waiting with another 8000 men in kakuyoku, or "crane's wing", formation. However, whether via spies in Kaizu or scouts looking down from Saijoyama, Kenshin guessed Shingen's intentions, and led his own men down to the plain; as dawn broke, Shingen's men found Kenshin's army ready to charge at them, not fleeing from the mountain.
    Uesugi's forces attacked in waves, every unit being replaced by another as it became weary or destroyed. While the kakuyoku formation held surprisingly strongly, the Takeda commanders eventually fell, one by one. Seeing that his plan had failed, Yamamoto Kansuke charged alone into the mass of Uesugi samurai, suffering upwards of 80 bullet wounds before retiring to a nearby hill and committing harakiri.
    Eventually, the Uesugi forces reached the Takeda command post, and one of the most famous single combats in Japanese history ensued. Uesugi Kenshin himself burst into the headquarters, attacking Takeda Shingen who, unprepared for such an event, parried with his signalling fan as best as he could, and held Kenshin off long enough for one of his retainers to spear Kenshin's mount and drive him off.
    Meanwhile, Kosaka's stealth force reached the top of Saijoyama and, finding the Uesugi position deserted, hurried down the mountain to the ford, taking the same path they had expected the fleeing Uesugi to take. After desperate fighting, they punched their way through the 3000 Uesugi warriors defending the ford, and pressed on to aid Takeda's main force. They succeeded in a pincer attack, accomplishing essentially what Yamamoto Kansuke had intended all along, and claimed victory over Uesugi Kenshin's forces.
    In the end, the victorious Takeda suffered 62% losses, while the defeated Uesugi army lost 72% of their numbers. The chronicles seem to indicate that the Takeda made no effort to stop Kenshin's men from retreating after the battle, burning the encampment at Saijoyama, returning to Zenkoji, and then to Echigo Province.
    • In 1564, Shingen and Kenshin met for the fifth and final time on the plain of Kawanakajima. Their forces skirmished for 60 days, and then both withdrew.

http://skender.be/supportdenmark/#CS
    Last edited by Helgi : 11-14-2005 at 21:42.

One
    Blackadder:"Whatever it was, I'm sure it was better than my plan to get out of this by pretending to be mad. I mean, who would have noticed another madman round here?"

11-14-2005, 13:36 View your Warnings #21 Helgi vbmenu_register("postmenu_982211", true);
    The Sleepy

Kai province (甲斐国; -no kuni) is an old province in Japan that corresponds to Yamanashi prefecture today. It lies in central Honshu, west of Tokyo, in a landlocked mountainous region that includes Mount Fuji along its border with Shizuoka Prefecture. Another name for the province is Koshu (甲州).
    During the Sengoku Period, the warlord Takeda Shingen ruled Kai from his stronghold at Kofu.
    TAKEDA CLAN TIMELINE
    1493 - 1582
    1493 - Takeda Nobutora, father of Takeda Shingen, is born.

1519 - Takeda Nobutora establishes his headquarters in Fuchu.
    1521 - Takeda Nobutora defeats Fukushima Ujikatsu, and Imagawa general, at the Battle of Iidagawara and soon afterwards learns of the birth of his first son - the future Takeda Shingen, who is given the childhood name 'Katsuchiyo'.
    1524 - November 23 - Takeda Nobutora makes peace with Hôjô Ujitsuna.
    1535 - Takeda Shingen has his coming of age ceremony, and is given the name 'Harunobu' - the 'Haru' coming from the Shôgun, Ashikaga Yoshiharu.
    1541 - July - Takeda Harunobu (Shingen) seizes power in Kai from his father, Nobutora. Nobutora is taken in by Imagawa Yoshimoto.
    1542 - April - Takeda Harunobu (Shingen) defeats an allied army of Shinano warlords at Sezawa in Shinano and begins a campaign into southern Shinano.
    1544 - November - Takeda Harunobu (Shingen) defeats Fujisawa Yorichika at Ina-Matsushima in Shinano Province.
    1545 - April 20 - Takeda Harunobu (Shingen) seiges Fujizawa Yorichika's main castle, Fukuyo, in Ina district. May 20 - Fujizawa Yorichika's brother-in-law Ogasawara Nagatoki departs his castle to assist Yorichika.
    June 6 - Fujizawa Yorichika sends his younger brother, Gonjiro, to Takeda Harunobu as a hostage, and surrenders. His castle is burned the same day.
    June 13 - After Takeda Harunobu captures Ina district, he advances his army to Shiojiri, Tsukama district.
    August 16 - Imagawa Yoshimoto and Hôjô Ujiyasu battle at Kitsunebashi in Suruga province. Yoshimoto wins the battle with help from Harunobu (Shingen).
    September 16 - Imagawa Yoshimoto defeats Hôjô Ujiyasu at Yoshiwara in Suruga province with the assistance of Harunobu.
    October 22 - Takeda Harunobu (Shingen) mediates peace between Imagawa Yoshimoto and Hôjô Ujiyasu, which results in Ujiyasu withdrawing his troops from Suruga the next month.

1546 - March - Takeda Harunobu (Shingen) attacks Murakami Yoshikiyo's Toishi castle in Shinano, but is defeated at Uenohara. May 9 - Harunobu attacks Ôi Sadakiyo's Uchiyama castle in Shinano. It falls on May 20th.

1548 - September - Takeda Harunobu (Shingen) suffers a defeat at the hands of Murakami Yoshikiyo in the first Japanese battle in which guns are employed (in this case, by the Murakami and of Chinese manufacture).
    1553 - September - Takeda Shingen and Uesugi Kenshin confront each other for the first time in the 1st Battle of in Shinano province - also known as the Battle of Fuse.
    1555 - July 19 - Takeda Shingen and Uesugi Kenshin fight the second battle of Kawanakajima, also known as the Battle of the Saigawa.
    1559 - Takeda Shingen's conquest of Shinano is largely completed.
    1561 - October - Takeda Shingen and Uesugi Kenshin fight the inconclusive 4th Battle of Kawanakajima, the greatest of their contests. 1563 - Uesugi Norikatsu is defeated by Takeda Shingen and Hôjô Ujiyasu at Musashi-Matsuyama in Musashi province.
    1564 - September - Uesugi Kenshin and Takeda Shingen fight the 5th and final Battle of Kawanakajima.
    1565 - Takeda Yoshinobu conspires against his father Shingen in Kai but is discovered and later made to commit suicide.
    1568 - The Takeda and Imagawa clans begin fighting.
    1569 - June 23 - Takeda Shingen promotes Anayama Nobukimi to the rank of general. October 2 - Takeda Shingen repells an attack by the Hôjô, and returns to Kôfu.
    November - Takeda Shingen surrounds Odawara Castle in Sagami; a week later Shingen retreats and in the process defeats a Hôjô army at the Battle of Mimasetoge.

1570 - January - Takeda Shingen leads an army into Suruga Province. February - Takeda Shingen takes Hanzawa Castle from Ôhara Sukeyoshi.
    June - Takeda Shingen clashes with Hôjô and Imagawa troops in Suruga Province.

1571 - Takeda Shingen and Uesugi Kenshin face each other for the last time at the Tone River in Kozuke.
    1572 - January - Takeda Shingen and the Hôjô make peace; the latter breaks off relations with the Uesugi. November - Takeda Shingen leads his army into the Tokugawa domain.
    December - Akiyama Nobutomo, a Takeda retainer, captures Iwamura Castle in Mino from the Oda.

1573 - January 6 - Takeda Shingen defeats Tokugawa Ieyasu at the Battle of Mikatagahara. May 13 - Takeda Shingen dies and is succeded by Katsuyori.
    Takeda Nobutora dies.

1574 - March - Takeda Katsuyori captures Taketenjin Castle in Tôtômi from Tokugawa Ieyasu.
    1575 - June 28 - Oda Nobunaga and Tokugawa Ieyasu defeat Takeda Katsuyori at the Battle of Nagashino. 10,000 Takeda warriors are slain.
    1579 - October - The Takeda and Hôjô confront one another near Numzu Castle in Suruga Province
    1580 - April - The Takeda and Hôjô fight the land/sea Battle of Omosu.
    1581 - Tokugawa Ieyasu recaptures Taketenjin Castle in Tôtômi from Takeda Katsuyori. 1582 - May - Oda Nobunaga and Tokugawa Ieyasu invade Kai and Shinano - Takeda Katsuyori commits suicide.
    http://www.samurai-archives.com/takedatime.html

TWO

11-14-2005, 14:03 View your Warnings #23 Helgi vbmenu_register("postmenu_982234", true);
    The Sleepy

The picture below is all Takeda Generals (the famous '24 Takeda Generals') when Takeda Shingen was still around, documented by a painter in 17th century.
    '''Takeda Nobutora''' (&27494;&30000;&20449;&34382;)(1493-1573) was a Japanese feudal lord (''daimyo) who controlled the Province of Kai, and fought in a number of battles of the Sengoku period. He was the father of the famous Takeda Shingen, who was originally named Harunobu, along with two other sons, Nobushige and Nobukado. Nobutora fought Hiraga Genshin at the Battle of Un no Kuchi in 1536. He was forced to retreat, but his son Harunobu defeated Hiraga and took the castle. Nobutora nevertheless wished to pass on his domain to Nobushige, and so Harunobu overthrew his father and exiled him.
    24 Retainers who served under Shingen
    Takeda Nobushige
    Takeda Nobukado
    Ichijo Nobutatsu
    Itagaki Nobukata
    Amari Torayasu
    Yokota Takatoshi
    Obu Toramasa
    Hara Toratane
    Obata Toramori
    Obata Masamori
    Yamamoto Haruyuki
    Tada Mitsuyori
    Yamagata Masakage
    Baba Nobuharu
    Naito Masatoyo
    Kosaka Masanobu
    Sanada Yukitaka
    Sanada Nobutsuna
    Anayama Nobukimi
    Oyamada Nobushige
    Akiyama Nobutomo
    Hara Masatane
    Saegusa Moritomo
    Tsuchiya Masatsugu
    Sanada Yukimura
    http://www.samurai-archives.com/ftk.html

11-16-2005, 20:04 View your Warnings #2 Helgi vbmenu_register("postmenu_984169", true);
    The Sleepy

Re: The great flag hunt!
    Tsugaru Nobuhira at Hirosaki Castle, 1610. The Tsugaru family became dominant in the far north of Japan, a position they strengthened by their support for the Tokugawa family at the time of Sekigahara. In this plate Tsugaru Nobuhira (1586-1631) marches proudly through the snow to take possession of his newly built castle of Hirosaki. The most prominent motif is his mon of a swastika, which appears in red on the jingasa helmets and breastplates of the lowly ashigaru, and in gold upon the red sashimono of the samurai. Red swastikas also appear on the numerous white nobori flags. The o uma jirushi uses different religious symbolism: a huge, gold-lacquered, three- dimensional shakujo, the metal-ringed rattle used by the itinerant members of a mountain-based Buddhist sect to drive wild animals away during their pilgrimages through the high country. The heavy standard is socketed and tied to the back of a strong soldier and steadied by extra ropes; note the double red sashimono of the rope men. Carried behind Tsugaru, wearing his characteristic antlered helmet, is his lesser standard, a flag bearing a gold disc on white. (© Osprey Publishing Limited, artwork by from Samurai Heraldry (Elite 82) by Stephen Turnbull)

http://www.samurai-archives.com/mon.html
    http://www.samurai-archives.com/crest1.html
    http://www.samurai-archives.com/title.html
    http://folk.uio.no/arnsteio/samurai/...Masakage.shtml
    http://folk.uio.no/arnsteio/samurai/...Nobukado.shtml
    http://folk.uio.no/arnsteio/samurai/...obushige.shtml
    http://folk.uio.no/arnsteio/samurai/...Toramasa.shtml
    http://www.city.haramachi.fukushima..../e-expert.html
    The various patterns and colors of the banners symbolize the strength and spirit of the Nomaoi Festival

@Nomaoi was originally a Shinto ceremony and a training exercise for military preparation. As such, the armament used was ornate. Likewise, the thousands of various flags designed added meaning and significance to the rituals and training.
    The banners also symbolize the unified heart and strength of the warriors-farmers-artisans-tradesmen classes in the Soma regions. In ancient times the flag representing the three heavenly bodies (sun, moon, star) was considered the most sacred banner; however, Nomaoi incorporates many different flags, such as the "sun disk on a black field," "full yellow moon on a purple field," nine luminaries," "seven luminaries," "half moon," "crescent moon," and "three stars." The Hachiman bodhisattva banner, awarded to the Soma clan by the famous Minamoto no Yoritomo, is also used.
    There are thousands of other flags, all with varying colors and designs. Because of the large number of flags, Nomaoi can also be called the "Banner Festival."
    The Nomaoi banners symbolize the families of the Soma region and serve as ceremonial pieces in the rites performed at the Shinto shrines. All the banners have a long, proud history and tradition, and are thus considered precious cultural assets.
    @* Flags of the daimyo's stronghold procession @ * Flags of the Shinto Shrine procession* Flags of the Soma region* Two highly praised treasures available for purchase!

@
    @Flags of the Daimyo's stronghold procession @"Staff Officers Banner":
    Assisting the Chief and Vice Chief of Staff and leading their own units, the staff officers also carry a three-colored flag/whip as a sign of their command. This "descending centipede" banner belongs to the staff officer of Naka no go."Messenger Banner":
    Messengers transmit orders from the superior officers to all the warriors in the procession. This role is extremely important, and as such the banner is clearly marked for everyone to see."Squad Leaders Banner":
    Squad leaders receive orders from superiors and gather together their own squad. The banner represents one of the five elements between heaven and earth: blue - wood, red - fire, yellow - earth, white - gold, and black - water. The background color of this banner is one of these five colors, and the "descending horse" is white."Sub-squad Leaders Banner":
    Assist the Squad Leader and keep the unit in order. The banner is white with the "descending horse." Near the bottom, an area of about 12 centimeters in height is colored the same as the Squad Leader's banner."Chief of Staff Banner":
    Responsible for strategy, he is the Supreme Commander. His is the pivotal role of the force."Tri-color Banner":
    This flag is made up of three colors: red for Soma Ota Shrine, yellow for Soma Odaka Shrine, and white for Soma Nakamura Shrine. It symbolizes the three shrines' role as advocator in restoring the Nomaoi tradition."Shrine Banner":
    Soma Ota Shrine, Soma Odaka Shrine, and Soma Nakamura Shrine each would have their shrine name written in black on the flag."Shrine Standard":
    Each shrine also bears their "standard," a white flag for Soma Nakamura, a red flag for Soma Ota, and a yellow flag for Soma Odaka shrines."Kita Go's Standard":
    Kita Go received this flag for meritorious service in the Nomaoi during the Meiji Period. It is the ancient commander's fan of Okada Kenmotsu of the Soma family."Five color Banners":
    Flags of the daimyo's headquarters, representing the five elements between heaven and earth. Blue - wood, red - fire, yellow - earth, white - gold, and black - water."Nine Luminaries Banner":
    This is the family crest of the Soma clan. It represents the religious faith of the Soma clan ancestor, Taira Masakado, in the nine luminaries. These nine luminaries are either the North Star and the seven stars of the Big Dipper constellation, or the sun, moon, five planets, and two stars. The clan prayed to these stars for good fortune in war and the prosperity of the clan's descendants."Banner of the Lord's Ancestry":
    One kind of a square crest flag, it contains a scarlet square on a black field. It represents the past generations of ancestors, and honors the ancestral feudal lords."Golden Label Banner":
    This flag represents the economic strength of the clan. It contains a golden label on a white field. The banner is a symbol of the shogunate administrator of accounts."Long Snake Banner":
    At the feet of the Myoken bodhisattva image is a coiled white snake. Thus the long, coiled snake is used on this flag to represent the Buddhist saint. Upon arriving at the daimyo's headquarters, this flag is hoisted inside."Tethered Horse Banner":
    It is said that Taira Masakado would confine himself to a shrine to pray to the Myoken bodhisattva. The sign that his prayers would be answered was the neighing of a nearby tethered horse. This flag is in honor of this history."Commander-in-Chief Banner":
    This is the flag of the feudal clan used at the lord's troop headquarters. Since Taira Masakado, it has been passed down within the Soma family for generations for military use. It is likened to a national flag for the Soma region."White-belted Banner":
    These banners are placed along the borders of the daimyo's stronghold. It is said that in the past, many of these flags were put up to show the enemy that the daimyo had many allies.@@@@Flags of the Shinto Shrine procession @"Imperial Standard":
    Long flags with the sun and moon embroidered in gold."The God of War's Banner":
    Awarded to the Soma Lord's ancestor, Morotsune, for meritorious service to Minamoto no Yoritomo in quelling the Tohoku uprising."Jizo Guardian Deity Banner":
    Jizo bodhisattva is said to appear on the battlefield armed, and was worshipped by samurai warriors. It was believed Jizo would rescue the soldiers from hunger and misfortune, and bring victory to the force."Suwa Daimyojin Deity Banner":
    From ancient times, Suwa Daimyojin was the guardian deity of military affairs. In reverence to this deity, the Soma Lord used this banner.@@@@Flags of the Soma region @"Uda go Banner":
    A white circle on a red field. Placed on the north side of Hibari-ga Hara. Uda go's encampment."Odaka Banner":
    A black circle on a white field. Placed on the south side of Hibari-ga Hara. Odaka's encampment."Kita go Banner":
    A red circle on a white field. Placed on the north side of Hibari-ga Hara. Kita go's encampment."Shineha go Banner":
    A red circle on a light blue field. Placed on the south side of Hibari-ga Hara. Shineha go's encampment."Naka no go Banner":
    The sun and moon on a red field. Placed on the south side of Hibari-ga Hara. Naka no go's encampment.@

Four!

11-17-2005, 09:06 #5 Kagemusha vbmenu_register("postmenu_984490", true);
    Kanrei

Yep. This is exactly what i wanted.

KagemushaView Public ProfileSend a private message to KagemushaFind More Posts by KagemushaAdd Kagemusha to Your Buddy List

11-17-2005, 20:55 View your Warnings #6 Helgi vbmenu_register("postmenu_985115", true);

The Sleepy

TomteOfDoom, "Hello there Helgi, please tell me what you have done for this mod and I will make sure that you are properly attributed for it"
    What are these past posts, chop liver, plus whatever happened to droping a line to see if some of the so-called drop-out droped out or are just busy with other matters. Before purging, you could write, but that would be to easy.
    Have a nice day.

Well I didn't refer to you when I said dropouts because I didn't handle the purge nor staying in touch with team-members. I hardly knew you were a team-member in the first place, hence my question. I didn't mean for what I wrote to look like an insult.

In any case, I'll make sure you get an honorary mention as information gatherer.
    lol

Tomte,
    Look thing's happen, no Harm no foul as far as I'm concerned.
    I would like to jump back into the Historical research again, anything needed?

This is what we need:

Research and formulation of the stats of the units.
    Research and formulation of the stats of the buildings.
    Someone to compile this into the game.

In time we will need testers to report on the behaviour of these adjustments so that they can be fine-tuned. In addition of general bug-reporting ofcourse.

Traits and ancillaries to be made with a focus on providing faithful historical flavour rather than modifying the stats of the generals/characters.

Someone to write building descriptions.
    Someone to write event descriptions.

We need a new modeller really bad, there are still many buildings that need to be done, I also want a new horse-model for this game and in addition unique general models for all the factions is a high priority.

We need someone to give the GUI a graphical overhaul and someone to make menu buttons and such.
    We need someone to compile placeholders for unit info pictures, building info pictures, event pictures and menu/loading screens. Personally I don't want to use anything from STW if it can be avoided, but I know many like the assassin vids so I will overlook that. But as for building/unit/event placeholders, alternatives would be much prefered. In time however I'm hoping that I will be able to make original art for all these things, but until then we need substitutes.

Also we need team-leaders to help in keeping track of peoples work, compiling it and sending it to those who put things together and giving reports about progress on the dev forums so that we can get a better idea of how things are going. Staying in touch and reporting work or reasons for lack thereof seems to be a major problem for most people, so I am trying to formulate guidelines and a system that will hopefully encourage the team to get more glued together. This will improve our work and increase the chances of our mod getting finished. The reason Sengoku Jidai died and the reason this mod has almost died too is lack of organization and cooperation from the bulk of the members. We are not professionals but there is nothing that keeps us from acting as such, it's essential if we hope to succeed.

I'm sure there are other things as well, but this is what I can think of now. You can also look at the new members list on TWC, I haven't been given mod abilities here yet so this one isn't updated.
    lol

Cool Re: SHOGUN Mod Team

Hi, I think that's my first post here although I am a regular visitor of your threat.

I like "Ran no Jidai" very much and I'm realy looking forward to the release.
    What a pity that so many members drope out.

I don't know if you need some help or something else? I am a small little Modder who want this MOD comming out, so if I can help a little bit, send me some work!!
    But you should know some things about me:
    1. I am German so my English is not the best thing around
    2. I only can mod the text things like "export_units_.." and "description_units battles" and the other text documents - no grafical modding!
    3. I like Japan very much and of cause the Sengoku Jidai - so it is the perfect Era for me
    4. Next month I will finish my "Civil-time = Zivildienst" so I have nearly 3 months until I begin to work frequently
    5. I am 20.
    6. After many tests, reinstallations, times of totally chaos and the idea of throwing my PC through the window, all of my Mods work very well and I have what I want!!
    7. If you guide me, I think I also can do things for organisation and cooperation!
    But only through the next 3 months. After that periode I'll have a lack of time! But I could help at the weekends hopefully!

So if you are interested an can need some help - write me or post it!
    Have fun! See you.

Hey Kagemuscha,

I'm being way too lazy man.. please give me some text to edit or so if it is necessary, of course. I'd love to help and have some time the coming 2 weeks.

All the best m8! Good luck with the mod, team!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast