Quote Originally Posted by the_handsome_viking
Will this tactic be in the opening beta? I seriously hope it will be.
I don't think we can do this with the engine.

And there are already some common stories of other things from Gaelic myth. Just, they aren't as popular for some reason. A quasi-recent one that has a few versions would be the English-language 'Ned Kelly's Bones', which is about a man who dies, but doesn't feel dead, so he gets up out of his grave and goes home, and his wife can't get rid of him. Ned Kelly is a 'rigi' (though no version says it; I don't know the modern term to be honest, 'rigi' is a dark age term). Normal rigi cannot resist dancing, so his wife gets a fiddler, who has been courting her since Ned died, to play music until Ned dances, and his dry, decaying body breaks apart. In some versions, that's pretty much it, in one of the older versions, Ned goes mad as he's dancing and starts screaming and tries to kill his wife, but since a rigi can't stop dancing, he can't actually hurt her. In any ending, his bones are placed back in his coffin all mixed up so he can't get out.

The stories I was told often include a lot of violence or just abject horror though. Some involve things like that though, and some involve odd jokes or tricks to overcome evil beings. I was told some stories about faeries as a child, and they were generally pretty scary. Though, real Irish faerie myth is usually pretty disturbing, or at least weird.