Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Your Greatest Generals

Thread killer Member Rodion Romanovich's Avatar

Default Re: Your Greatest Generals

@Spectral: Sounds a bit like my Baktrian campaign. The Yuezhi surprised me first and I got a full stack annihilated. However I stopped before reaching Seleukeia, with a nice line along the river... Only now that Yuezhi and Pahlava are down after two VERY bitter wars, have I sent an expedition to Seleukeia. Because it isn't part of the objectives or not a too good defensive line I'm however considering to sell the city back to the Seleucids if they accept peace and trade rights... Another fun thing was that I left two seleucid provinces to the northeast unconquered for a very long time. Not until after my Yuezhi expedition had been annihilated and I had started having some success against the Pahlava did I decide to conquer those... Ah, such a sweet campaign
    Under construction...

"In countries like Iran, Saudi Arabia and Norway, there is no separation of church and state." - HoreTore

how do you sell a province to another province?

Thread killer Member Rodion Romanovich's Avatar

With diplomacy options: your offers = give region, your demands = make single payment. Seems it doesn't work too often though...
    Under construction...

"In countries like Iran, Saudi Arabia and Norway, there is no separation of church and state." - HoreTore

Default Who has the greatest EB general?

Only rule for the contest would be that you can't use a general present at the start of the game.

You do have to state what difficulty levels you are using. And use a screenshot also - even two if you would like to show the traits or where he has most of his command stars from (if they come from traits or ancillaries or just his victories).

The Casse general Barae (I think) definitely is not included here! No farking allowed also please.

Not the best, but definitely one of my favorites. He was even on his way to a Triumph while fighting Carthage, but that kind of bottomed out due to the need to retrain and Carthage bringing up full stacks from the south.

He had a huge amount of morale boost traits and neat ancillaries.
    Last edited by abou; 03-27-2006 at 19:27.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral

Here's my best general thus far, he conquered half of the Seleukid Empire but for some reason has got the title "the philosopher".

He got the plague when assaulting Seleukeia : nice gift the seleukids gave me After that conquest things have gone not so good, the Seleukids have beaten my army outside Seleukeia (I had put it under a younger general to give him some experience), recovered the city north of it, and the Yuezhi have massacred the expedition that I had sent to deal with their last province, killing the faction heir.
    I had one of that happen to one of my beloved generals aswell. He took Athens, and held it for one turn. He had ran from the Carthaginian navy and landed in Greece, and took the Oracle at Delphi. He destroyed it as in an intent to provoke all the Greeks to try and attack him. Shortly after that he moved onto Athens, took it, and for one turn did nothing. The very next turn he destroyed the Akropolis, and the very next turn, he came down with plague. The turn after that, death set in. One of my best rtw moments, I call it the curse of Zues.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123