Thread: Zulu: Total War update

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Assistant Mod Mod Member GiantMonkeyMan's Avatar
    plymouth - scrubbing Beirut's toilet with a cat...

Default Zulu: Total War update

i was checking out the forums for stuff on the mod i am helping with Zulu: Total War and i noticed that there wasn't much stuff on the org... so i decided to put together a few screens and stuff (by delancey and sundjata keita)

Here is a screen of the induna model. (WIP)

some Gordon Highlanders

some Red-Coats hold off against some Batavian Cavalry (Boer) in square formation

and there are more but i am too lazy to post them

and some news from the traits guy (thats what they call me ) i have made for the british

General
    Lieutenant- General
    Major -General
    Brigadier
    Colonel
    Lieutenant Colonel
    Major
    Captain
    Lieutenant (pronounced LEF-TEN-ANT in the british army )

progressing upwards obviously, it takes a while for you to progress up the ranks dpending on which hidden trait you get: poor, financially_secure or rich because during the zulu war was the last war when officers could buy up a rank after a certain amount of years... to get either of these three traits it depends on what your father had or what rank you are... for example when you get above Lieutenant Colonol you can become financially_secure (from poor) and when you get above major general you can advance from financially_secure to rich because you got paid per rank...

and these three traits also give the officer different traits depending on how rich they are for example you can get 'snobbish' if you are rich losing you troop morale

and then you also progress up the ranks by winning battles... you get a little for an easy battle and more for a hard battle

GMM of the Zulu:TW team

Viceroy of the Indian Empire Member Duke Malcolm's Avatar
    Dùn Dèagh, the People's Republic of Scotland, the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland.

Default Re: Zulu: Total War update

Weren't all the officers rich? One had to buy the officership itself, and officers were generally the well-off landed gentry.
    It was not theirs to reason why,
    It was not theirs to make reply,
    It was theirs but to do or die.
    -The Charge of the Light Brigade - Alfred, Lord Tennyson

"Wherever this stone shall lie, the King of the Scots shall rule"
    -Prophecy of the Stone of Destiny

"For God, For King and country, For loved ones home and Empire, For the sacred cause of justice, and The freedom of the world, They buried him among the kings because he, Had done good toward God and toward his house."
    -Inscription on the Tomb of the Unknown Warrior

There were a few who were 'promoted from the ranks' (that in itself should be another trait - make him a better administrator but less popular among his brother officers) and then there were so called 'volunteers' - gentlemen who fought in the ranks until a promotion or position became available. Some officers weren't necessarily rich, though they would be at least of a 'better sort' than the men. They might be there as a favor to some other officer or nobleman. Their parents might not necessarily be rich but they might have enough to buy your basic subalternship (but not necessarily higher than that).

de Clare (Harlechman)

P.S.
    Hi KM, stay tuned, I should have some highlanders out soon!
    "Ad majoram Dei gloriam"

some more pics for you to drool over

some Egyptian Fellahin from the 1882 Sudan campaign square hold off against some Mahdist forces

Here is the British 1860's Regimental Sergeant Major (old model/texture)

and a sig for you guys if you want to use... or is it out of org regulations?

GMM of the Zulu TW team

by the way if you want to contibute in anyway with research, skinning, text editing i am sure delancey (or dclare4 here) will accept offers
    Last edited by GiantMonkeyMan; 01-09-2006 at 21:05.

Viceroy of the Indian Empire Member Duke Malcolm's Avatar
    Dùn Dèagh, the People's Republic of Scotland, the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland.

Good grief! You're going to the Sudan? I hadn't realised... It seems this is getting better all the time...
    It was not theirs to reason why,
    It was not theirs to make reply,
    It was theirs but to do or die.
    -The Charge of the Light Brigade - Alfred, Lord Tennyson

"Wherever this stone shall lie, the King of the Scots shall rule"
    -Prophecy of the Stone of Destiny

"For God, For King and country, For loved ones home and Empire, For the sacred cause of justice, and The freedom of the world, They buried him among the kings because he, Had done good toward God and toward his house."
    -Inscription on the Tomb of the Unknown Warrior

@king malcom.... unfortunately our campaign only encorporates south africa but i think delancey is making a few historic battles from all over africa's colonisation, time and place (not sure though) and maybe we'll also have them in custom battles but i don't control that

anyway here are a few new traits i made for the brits... they aren't finished of course though

any questions about the traits just post here

GMM of the Zulu TW team

Awesome, Gents!

Y'all know how to 'Rock and Roll'!

wahoo!, yehaa!, yeaaaaaaaaaa! and all that good rubbish

Cheers

diBorgia

This looks interesting. I'm very interested in the historical period; in fact, I'm doing a term paper on Sir Bartle Frere and the opening of the 1879 Anglo-Zulu War.

Is this mod just doing the time of the Anglo-Zulu War or are you starting at the rise of Zulu power, around the time of Shaka?
    "I could be bounded in a nutshell, and count myself a king of infinite space, were it not that I have bad dreams." -Hamlet, II, ii

"Historians and others attempt to pin the tail on the reluctant monkey of change." -excerpt from a real college essay, from Ignorance is Blitz by Anders Henriksson

Quote Originally Posted by Dhampir
    This looks interesting. I'm very interested in the historical period; in fact, I'm doing a term paper on Sir Bartle Frere and the opening of the 1879 Anglo-Zulu War.

Is this mod just doing the time of the Anglo-Zulu War or are you starting at the rise of Zulu power, around the time of Shaka?
    thanks for the interest... it is also a period in history i enjoy and sorry for the slow reply

our mod will probably encorperate 1800 - 1890 roughly but our campaign isn't fully decided yet and i think Sundjata and delancey are focusing on the units before they decide on the campaign
    but if you want to help with ideas for the campaign PM me or go to out main forums at http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=41

thanks,
    GMM of the Zulu TW team

Quote Originally Posted by GiantMonkeyMan
    thanks for the interest... it is also a period in history i enjoy and sorry for the slow reply

our mod will probably encorperate 1800 - 1890 roughly but our campaign isn't fully decided yet and i think Sundjata and delancey are focusing on the units before they decide on the campaign
    but if you want to help with ideas for the campaign PM me or go to out main forums at http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=41

thanks,
    GMM of the Zulu TW team
    I'll check out your forum.
    "I could be bounded in a nutshell, and count myself a king of infinite space, were it not that I have bad dreams." -Hamlet, II, ii

"Historians and others attempt to pin the tail on the reluctant monkey of change." -excerpt from a real college essay, from Ignorance is Blitz by Anders Henriksson

this is a wonderful magazine (a place where they store ammo and gun powder etc) made and skinned by Sundjata, he is now working on more buildings

as always... if anyone wants to join Zulu Total War then pm either me, Sundjata Keita or dclare and we are sure we can get something for you to do... whether it just be research, skinning, text editing, modelling, mapping or anything we would be happy to accept

GMM of the Zulu Tw team
    Last edited by GiantMonkeyMan; 03-14-2006 at 22:26.