Thread: Worst Candidate for Adoption Ever?

Default Worst Candidate for Adoption Ever?

So sad I just clicked "x" and didn't take a screenshot of him.

He was a Pontic Kappadocian - who was a "toady", green (haha!), he had some personality flaw that gave -2 influence also (hermit-like?), he was a terrible tactician, and had the trifecta of Dull/Uncharismatic/Langorous. I should have taken a screen but I didn't. I know he's not the worst ever, but who's your worst?

Feel free to post your absolute worst ones here - we can see who the worst candidate ever is! (this can also apply to prospective son-in-laws)

EBII Council Senior Member Kull's Avatar

Default Re: Worst Candidate for Adoption Ever?

Hmmmm. Sounds a lot like my brother-in-law, actually! Too bad there wasn't an "x" in his window.....
    "Numidia Delenda Est!"

In my Iberian campaign I had a candidate come up being Dull/uncharismatic/langorous, flagging, Terrible Tactician (is that right?It gave -2 command and said something along the lines that his plans were too convoluted to be carried through), and irreverant.
    I don't know who let that "brave and worthy" warrior to become Garrison Commander...

As Rome I had a crippled Pleb who shared the same horrible trifecta. My first instinct, like you, wasn't to take a screeny though.
    Horum omnium fortissimi sunt Belgae

Quote Originally Posted by Kull
    Hmmmm. Sounds a lot like my brother-in-law, actually! Too bad there wasn't an "x" in his window.....
    He he. Life would be a lot easier were that the case.

Almost all the candidates for adoption in my Romani campaign have the poor tactician trait. This is starting to be a problem now as I've just lost a couple of big battles against the Ptolemaioi thanks to these hapless quarter-wits. My good generals are dying for stupid reasons too. I've lost my two best guys in Africa. One was killed during rioting in Adremeto and the other killed by the plague (after one turn's exposure) in Numidia. Things are looking bleak...

Not my worst, but one of my best ones I've gotten for adoption I believe!

Bearer of Vilya, Editing Slave Member LordElrond's Avatar

Lol TA, I read your post wrong and somehow in my head thought you wrote something about that picture being one of your worst adoptees. I was looking at all the bonuses wondering what I was doing so wrong to get the piss-poor blokes that would show up every other turn to pester me.
    Quote Originally Posted by khelvan
    Oh. My. God.

He actually went from being a candidate for son-in-law (he is an Epeirote, but somehow his dad gave him a Hellenized version of a Roman name - Publius - maybe he fought with a Roman mercenary in Southern Italy who saved his dad's life ) to become my faction heir too, and probably the leader soon as Ptolemaios Aiakides is 51 now. He's only 28 now, but the girl he married (to get into the family) was a motivation for other great things. He has some problems, and hasn't led a lot of battles, but he's got influence out the wazoo actually. He's great to lead attacks in enemy territory though, since he has good management techniques and a quartermaster (so the men don't get as upset from rationing and such). I will admit to getting rid of one ancillary though. This chap had picked up a really ugly hetaira somewhere along the way, and he and Pyrrhos were stationed in a city together right as Pyrrhos was about to die, so I passed her on to the old man.

edit: It also shows how characters can evolve to be totally different from what their ethnicity might predict.
    Last edited by Teleklos Archelaou; 02-13-2006 at 22:07.

Quote Originally Posted by Teleklos Archelaou

He actually went from being a candidate for son-in-law (he is an Epeirote, but somehow his dad gave him a Hellenized version of a Roman name - Publius - maybe he fought with a Roman mercenary in Southern Italy who saved his dad's life ) to become my faction heir too, and probably the leader soon as Ptolemaios Aiakides is 51 now. He's only 28 now, but the girl he married (to get into the family) was a motivation for other great things. He has some problems, and hasn't led a lot of battles, but he's got influence out the wazoo actually. He's great to lead attacks in enemy territory though, since he has good management techniques and a quartermaster (so the men don't get as upset from rationing and such). I will admit to getting rid of one ancillary though. This chap had picked up a really ugly hetaira somewhere along the way, and he and Pyrrhos were stationed in a city together right as Pyrrhos was about to die, so I passed her on to the old man.

edit: It also shows how characters can evolve to be totally different from what their ethnicity might predict.
    I could not fail to see new icons for retainers... sure looks great
    Ragabash the trickster