Page 87 of 114 FirstFirst ... 377783848586878889909197 ... LastLast
Results 2,581 to 2,610 of 3400

Thread: Movie Review Thread

Sovereign Oppressor Member TIE Fighter Shooter Champion, Turkey Shoot Champion, Juggler Champion Kralizec's Avatar

Default Re: Movie Review Thread

I wouldn't accept anyway, but I've already tried a search - there's no such post, not by me anyway.

master of the pwniverse Member Fragony's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kralizec View Post
    I wouldn't accept anyway, but I've already tried a search - there's no such post, not by me anyway.
    Yes there is

Sovereign Oppressor Member TIE Fighter Shooter Champion, Turkey Shoot Champion, Juggler Champion Kralizec's Avatar

Nah-ah.

There's a post where I talked about a segment of the film on youtube, not in this thread though.

Nah-ah.

There's a post where I talked about a segment of the film on youtube, not in this thread though.
    Ha, you should go into reviewing books, reading not required. Enjoy the actual movie it's the greatest action movie since The Matrix. But I already said that

Future USMC Cobra Pilot Member Prussian to the Iron's Avatar
    Out too long in the midnight sea. Oh what's becoming of me?

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    I'm surprised that people here have pointed out so many plot holes or plot weaknesses, yet haven't mentioned the fact that apparently you can heal a spinal cord injury with a well-placed kick against your vertabrae.
    No that's legit. That's how they took out my wisdom teeth and fixed my broken leg. It's a well-known medical practice.
    Add me on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001603097354
    I am an Unstoppable Force, an Immovable Object

Member thankful for this post:

Kalifornia, why has Brad Pitt never won an oscar, he can play absolutely everything, only a few are always convincing, he's a truly fantastic actor.

Quote Originally Posted by Prussian to the Iron View Post
    No that's legit. That's how they took out my wisdom teeth and fixed my broken leg. It's a well-known medical practice.
    'wisdom teeth' is the coolest language mixup ever. It comes from Dutch, 'verstand' means wisdom. But it's really 'verre stand' which indicates the position of the teeth 'far off'. It somehow became 'verstand' over time because it sounds just about the same. It somehow slipped into English and now it's 'wisdom teeth'. Ever considered what's so wise about them
    Last edited by Fragony; 08-04-2012 at 07:12.

Quote Originally Posted by Fragony View Post
    Ever considered what's so wise about them
    Kids lose them around teenage, along with all their wisdom, which does not return till adulthood, or in some cases a lot later.

The horizon is nothing save the limit of our sight.

Quote Originally Posted by rajpoot View Post
    Kids lose them around teenage, along with all their wisdom, which does not return till adulthood, or in some cases a lot later.
    All teeth would be considered wisdom teeth then, not just these ones

All teeth would be considered wisdom teeth then, not just these ones
    But the difference would be that other teeth are lost as a baby, not really losing any wisdom. When you get your wisdom teeth pulled (usually around 15-17), it marks the period where you do stupid things all the time (see: college).

That is an interesting nugget of knowledge though. I will definitely pass that on

Quote Originally Posted by Major Robert Dump View Post
    Yes, it can be bad. It's effin terrible
    OK, it is. But still sits proudly in my collection with Hobo With a Shotgun, Planet Terror and Cannibal Holocaust just because of it's name.

The Grey, my movie of the year so far. There are a few unfortunate lines but it's captivating from beginning to end.

Battleship, what's with the negativity I greatly enjoyed it. It's loud and stupid in a good way, with plenty of laugh out loud moments. Main character deserves an Oscar for the scene when he practises asking the commander for the hand of his daughter and his Japanese nemesis walks in. I just had to watch that scene 3 times lololol

Well I saw The Dark Knight the other day. It's probably the best of Nolan's Batman films, allthough all three are very good. Only serious gripe: (Harvey) Twoface deserved more screen time.

On a related note, does anybody else remember how terrible the previous Batman film series was? (with the exception of the first, by Burton) Like, Schwarzenegger as mr. Freeze? Lol.

Poll Smoker Senior Member CountArach's Avatar

The Grey, my movie of the year so far. There are a few unfortunate lines but it's captivating from beginning to end.
    Yeah I loved it.

Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter is the last movie I saw. Absolutely incredible. It is B-grade but it doesn't try to aspite any higher than that. It is ridiculous, it has cheesy lines and lots of explosions and top hats. Lots of top hats. What more can a person ask for from a film?
    Rest in Peace TosaInu, the Org will be your legacy
    Quote Originally Posted by Leon Blum - For All Mankind
    Nothing established by violence and maintained by force, nothing that degrades humanity and is based on contempt for human personality, can endure.

Agreed, the last scene where he threatens to kill the kid is probably my favorite scene, great way to use music, you just hear the situation become increasingly desperate, immensily tense scene. In the end Two Face was a lot more sinister than the Joker to me, the movie would have benefited from some more character-development. But it's absolutely awesome.

@Kraz
    Last edited by Fragony; 08-15-2012 at 13:19.

I guess I could see how giving both villains attention would require too much time and that would ruin both of them. Tragic villains are the best though, and Two-face is just that. The joker is a great character in itself, but as you say, there's no character development about him

Was more talking about two-face because he gets from good to hurted to evil. Very sinister scene when you realise he is actually going to kill the kid, they could have done more with his character, but maybe that would made film overly long. The joker doesn't need much depth, he just wants to see the world burn, he's just evil.

Anyway 'The Dark' pretty chilling supernatural thriller with some cool Celtic mythology. Sean Bean is always awesome.

Nobody expects the Senior Member Lemur's Avatar

Finally got around to seeing The Cabin in the Woods. Outstanding, and very clever. Kind of a meta-meta-slasher film. If you dig good writing, you will enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemur View Post
    Finally got around to seeing The Cabin in the Woods. Outstanding, and very clever. Kind of a meta-meta-slasher film. If you dig good writing, you will enjoy.

Did anyone else notice that Shaggy is in this movie? The hippie dude looks exactly like him.

The Expendables II - 3/5
    Ok, I'll be honest: this was a brutal letdown. It sucked in every way it is possible for a movie to suck, and in some ways that are fundamentally impossible for movies to suck. (Though to be honest I think I am being to nice to it with that description)

It was full of sexist/racist/ethnic stereotypes, ignored some of the important characters and ruined the others. It was all poorly filmed, cheesy bang with no storyline. The film quality was aweful at parts, the director should have his balls cut off by the jagged bones of whoever was in charge of filming, who should be fed into a meat grinder. It was exceptionally, ridiculously corny and there was no real soul to it like in the first one.
    Also, it was much, much less realistic. (just when I thought that the first one couldn't get any less realistic)
    Hammer, anvil, forge and fire, chase away The Hoofed Liar. Roof and doorway, block and beam, chase The Trickster from our dreams.
    Vigilance is our shield, that protects us from our squalid past. Knowledge is our weapon, with which we carve a path to an enlightened future.

Everything you need to know about Kadagar_AV:
    Quote Originally Posted by Kadagar_AV View Post
    In a racial conflict I'd have no problem popping off some negroes.

Quote Originally Posted by Vuk View Post
    The Expendables II - 3/5
    Ok, I'll be honest: this was a brutal letdown. It sucked in every way it is possible for a movie to suck, and in some ways that are fundamentally impossible for movies to suck. (Though to be honest I think I am being to nice to it with that description)

It was full of sexist/racist/ethnic stereotypes, ignored some of the important characters and ruined the others. It was all poorly filmed, cheesy bang with no storyline. The film quality was aweful at parts, the director should have his balls cut off by the jagged bones of whoever was in charge of filming, who should be fed into a meat grinder. It was exceptionally, ridiculously corny and there was no real soul to it like in the first one.
    Also, it was much, much less realistic. (just when I thought that the first one couldn't get any less realistic)
    Damn, I was expecting the highest of quality in an action movie directed and starring 50 year olds with more juice than a ripe orange.

Member thankful for this post:

Quote Originally Posted by a completely inoffensive name View Post
    Damn, I was expecting the highest of quality in an action movie directed and starring 50 year olds with more juice than a ripe orange.
    I won't say that you are an idiot, as that would not be nice, but I will say that you can sometimes seem that way.
    First of all, Sly did not direct this one (Unless you consider coaching a few of the actors on how to deliver their lines, which he apparently did), and was only marginally involved in making a few changes to the script. Their performance was not the problem ACING, it was the script and the overall directing, which they were not involved with. Those action stars are still the best in the world, and could outperform you, me, and anyone else on this forum when it comes to nearly all things physical. There are very few, young action stars today who can do the things Dolp Lungrend or Jet Li can do.
    The first Expendables was excellent, even though it was made with a bunch of old guys. This one was messed up by the studio, not the stars.
    Hammer, anvil, forge and fire, chase away The Hoofed Liar. Roof and doorway, block and beam, chase The Trickster from our dreams.
    Vigilance is our shield, that protects us from our squalid past. Knowledge is our weapon, with which we carve a path to an enlightened future.

Well to me expendables 2 looked like a parody i dont really realise what they wanted to do with this movie I mean it has some great scenes it was like a mix of action and parody. Bruce and Arnie messed the movie

Thank god that the movie had some jet li and Stateham influence cause it will sucked mostly as an action as a comedy it was nice. But i expected much better from all of them and i dont want to see any other movie that the shooting is being done like we are in 1800s

Log cabin was for me the second best untill the next one i saw in 2012
    Last edited by Jo the Greek; 08-18-2012 at 17:55.

Quote Originally Posted by Jo the Greek View Post
    Well to me expendables 2 looked like a parody i dont really realise what they wanted to do with this movie I mean it has some great scenes it was like a mix of action and parody. Bruce and Arnie messed the movie

Thank god that the movie had some jet li and Stateham influence cause it will sucked mostly as an action as a comedy it was nice. But i expected much better from all of them and i dont want to see any other movie that the shooting is being done like we are in 1800s

Log cabin was for me the second best untill the next one i saw in 2012
    It was a parody of the actors and the genre that made fun of them more than pay tribute to them. They should have made it a movie that can stand on its own feet, and cut the references from the other movies.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2025526/

well i discoverd this and looks really cool

Quote Originally Posted by Jo the Greek View Post
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2025526/

well i discoverd this and looks really cool
    Please don't forget to write a review if you see it and it is good.

Stranger in a strange land Moderator Hooahguy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vuk View Post
    The Expendables II - 3/5

Regardless, Im as excited to see this on a huge ing screen like a kid waits to open his presents on Christmas morning.
    On the Path to the Streets of Gold: a Suebi AAR
    Visited:
    A man who casts no shadow has no soul.
    Hvil i fred HoreTore

Nobody expects the Senior Member Lemur's Avatar

Juan of the Dead—a worthy successor to Dawn of the Dead and Shaun of the Dead. Just see it and enjoy; contains one of the best and funniest herpes jokes in the history of all cinema.

Now I want a Chinese Xian of the Dead, an Irish Seán of the Dead, and an Italian Gian of the Dead.

Expendables (1)

Saw this one with a buddy of mine with the idea of following it up with seeing the sequel in the theatres, though we haven't done that yet. 6.0/10. It's supposed to be some sort of tribute to 80/90'ies action movie but it doesn't succeed IMO, it's rather average overall. The big shot actors do not get equal coverage; not much of an issue to me personally because Statham was figured prominently and he's my favourite among the main cast (and Willis, though he's not part of the "main" cast)
    I realise that it was never going to be more than a B+ movie, but I at least expected one or two memorable, amazing scenes in it, and it didn't deliver that for me.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    And Lundgren surviving at the end really annoyed me, and that they appear to be friends again makes it even stupider.
    Last edited by Kralizec; 08-19-2012 at 22:29.

Page 87 of 114 FirstFirst ... 377783848586878889909197 ... LastLast