Thread: ***darth_mod_7.0***

Default ***darth_mod_7.0***

DOWNLOAD(Filefront)
    DOWNLOAD(RapidShare)

DARTH MOD_7.0

(An unofficial mod for the award winning game Rome:Total War created by Creative Assemply whose official rights now are hold by SEGA.)

This is a non-commercial product based on the computer game "Rome Total War" published by Activision/Creative Assemply. Its purpose is to enhance the gameplay experience of this awarded game and not to be used for any profit creating reason. I have no responsibility for any undesirable effects that maybe noticed by misusing this software. All skin-developers who have allowed me to use their work to create this product and also myself have spent hundreds of hours with no money reward just for
    making the TW community and ourselves happier playing this game. Our only demand is that everyone respects this work and does not attempt to use this material for any public export without written permission. I hope that everyone is satisfied with my effort and I will reply to everyone who has comments or reports of undesired bugs.
    My name is DARTH VADER in the forums of www.twcenter.net and
    www.rometotalrealism.org and www.totalwarwar.org and www.totalwar.com
    My personal e-mail is thomadisnick@hotmail.com

-Have a fresh Install of RTW
    -Patch it to 1.3 then to 1.5 (or simply have a clean 1.6 BI version)
    -play the prologue just once to unlock it (optional)
    -Target the installation to extract to your RTW main game folder
    (For example C:\program files\Activision\Rome - Total War)
    and not C:\program files\Activision\Rome - Total War\data= wrong)
    -ENJOY!!!

Suggestions
    -Do not install over a version of a modded RTW game folder.
    -Do not use the default installation path but manually browse to find you custom based directory of the game as per example.
    -Back up your files if you try to manually mod the DarthMod as per your taste. Problems occur and you shout for bugs that do not exist.
    -This version of my mod is tested to play as is. If you want to add other mods in it and anticipate problems, will not be of my responsibility.
    -DarthMod_7.0 will not work on top of other mods
    -Do not play old save games of Darthmod
    -Do not play quick battle or historic battles as do not function properly.(Historic battles fixed though in 7.0)

Synoptic Enhancements of DarthMod_7.0

-New Darth_Map (Modification of existing Vanilla map)
    Re-distribution of all starting faction provinces to provide historical and gameplay correction of challenge. AI campaign has been balanced to provide the best gameplay possible. The vanilla map is a good map if triggered correctly.
    Also new vegetation settings for more thick forests and more opportunities for AI ambushes. Barbarian lands will now be very difficult to invade.

-Created variable winning AI conditions through heavy modding of diplomacy settings and AI winning conditions. Not done before in such extent and this has created a tremendous pressing and clever AI campaign faction thinking.

-Created scripts for Gaul and Parthia to re-emerge if they are won in start of game and when rebellions occur in their prior lands.(Have to beta test this how it works in very late turns but generally no CTDs occurred

-Created forced naval invasions for many factions that create an unbelievable campaign challenge. Watch greeks really unite with Macedonians and have an obsession to conquer Sicely and even throw away Romans from the island. Carthage to be competitive and maintain her lands while Scipii have to win several fronts to survive. Generally each faction gets powerful enough to create powerful balanced armies for the human player to challenge with the new Darth Settings of Battle gameplay .

-Inserted pictures for the Darth custom battle maps (Thanks RTR team for creating them!)

-Created compatibility for the mod to be used for any music mod without erasing events.dat file.(Also provide certain optional setting for those who use Lite Music mod and it is copied in the root directory of the game to be used freely when needed ONLY if you use lite music mod)

-Inserted images for the new map settings for each faction

-New Darth_Total_formations_12.0. The formations seen in 6.8 are nothing compared to what you will witness now. Managed to find ways to play with hard coded CA hidden commands. Now you will see new AI tactics and style of play for each historic formation. The Hellenic formations will use phalanxes with cohesion and discipline and not phalanx/unphalanx all the time. Romans will use maneuverability in an unparalleled way (maniples will stretch, combine, flank according to circumstances), Barbarians will storm with ferocious charges, Asian armies will use with efficiency horse archery and Carthage will cunningly flank and deceive any human army.
    But not only this. Darthmod 7.0 uses new settings and replaces loose formation for units to be called “protective formation”. Units with high shielding will use this by default (such as Romans) and other will swap between modes. Of course the lightly armed units will use the normal loose formations. This works for human to have in mind that protection will be better according to units strengths and weaknesses. This will be valid only with internal Darth_Total_Formations_12 . The Stand alone version that will be released will not use this option for combatibility with other mods. So you must use only the internal formations for best effects.
    Also bridge and siege tactics are now much different and now AI bridge defense is a real challenge.

-Modded the Day phasing and also the light and weather effects for the best and most realistic visuals. Nights will be realistic. Many battles will start with fog to clear out in the middle or rain may come in the midst of battle. Also long battles will cause the day to darken as to reflect the actual length of battle.

-Corrected projectile trajectories for more realistic effects and actually more effective AI use of missiles

-Removed boiling oil to help the AI in sieges (Found that in the totalwar.org but never managed to find again who wrote it to give credits….thanks anyway. A real puzzle to me how to do it till now.

-Used settings for realistic vegetations of OrrieBoi. Thanks a real help to me.(Did not use the grass settings because it caused lag) http://forums.rometotalrealism.org//...ic=11764&st=0#

-Made available the Vassal_beta_4. For those who do not know it is an optional way of playing RTW by creating superfactions with vassals that honour alliances and thus create powerful AI armies for human player to defeat. In this version I have corrected the early internal roman conflict(And the senate obsession against Scipii). The alliances will be powerful and the only thing that may be a problem is that the superfactions will rarely expand but will use their vassals to wage their wars. But this creates stable powers that human player will have great difficulty to defeat.
    There is an extra folder that will be copied to root directory of RTW called “Vassal_beta_4”. If you open it and copy the content inside DATA folder you will replace data\world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign\ descr_strat and data\sm_factions (back it up if you do not want to lose default darthmod settings).

-Many gameplay new settings for example Roman units are set to reflect their true historical way of fighting based on good shielding protection and infliction of critical hits that made them able to beat even stronger opponents. They are set in a very delicate unique way but are not overpowered. Their superiority is shown in the battlefield though. The unit stats are different in a way that the Roman superior weapons and training are reflected. (They push and disupt any formation with combinations of pila, withstand with cohesion the attacks and inflict critical hits)
    Greeks are fighting with discipline and impenetrable spear walls….no more to say….the DarthMod battlefield gameplay is something that is unique and the best to witness for a RTW player.

-Mass settings are creating real effects of charge penetrations, cavalry swarms, dead horse bodies are falling to disrupt infantry formations, Elephants are keeping infantry at a distance in a way that the battlefield feels alive and violent.

-Also night battles are enabled thanks to excellent tutorial of DimeBagHo
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=41936

I hope you all enjoy my work in this mod that is mostly based in gameplay enhancements and also uses the work of graphic designers and people as I mention below with honour:

-----------Skin-Creators-----------
    Special Thanks to the following guys who have allowed me to use their work but also because this work is simply wonderfull!!!

(In alphabetical order)
    ----Augustus21----(for his AUG_Phalangites skin mod)
    ----Burebista-----(for his skins set for Carthage army)
    ----KALI----------(for his skins set for Parthian army)
    ----LAca----------(for his phalanx_pikemen, seleucid_legionaries, Numidian_Legionaries skin mods)
    ----meh_cd--------(for his macedonian hypaspist skin)
    -------SpartanWarrior---------------(for use of his skin for macedonian heavy phalanx p.s Vlad told me it is his work and I tried to contact him but failed.
    Still I mention him.)
    -------Titus Andronicus & sleighr---(for use of some skins in their ptolemaic egypt mod = hellenic light cavalry, greek standard, machimoi)
    ---Warspite-------(for his wspite_armenians_v1.0, wspite_mercs_2.1, wspite_numidia_v1.0, wspite_pontics_1.0 skins mods)
    ---Webbird--------(for his complete skinpack (Rev 1.1), Wb New celts skin mods,
    Copyright of Artwork and Files within this Package: U.Erdmann -skinXess- 2005 Copyright of pylos spartan cas: The Trivium Organisation)
    ---Vrabac and Alcibiades--- For their skin of Seleucid silvershields.

If I accidentally use material from persons I have not mentioned above, please notify me immediately so as to update the text file.
    Also I use almost all the 2d UI icons provided by them. Most 2d Icons are created by myself and also many texture skins are also created by me for example I used Augustus21 skins and skeletons to create new bronze plated phalanx unit and cavalry for Ptolemaic Egypt.

**********************Special Thanks**********************
    -To “ngr”, “khelvan” and the whole “Europa Barbarorum” team for allowing me to use the great and enormous map of Mundus_Magnus 2 in DarthMod_5.8 and some mercenary units of them now transferred to 7.0.
    - To TWcenter.net stuff for their super support.
    -To RomeTotalRealism team for their hosting of my forum to their site and their general support.
    -To YOU the fans of my mod who support it with your appreciation.
    -CA & Activision & SEGA for the creation of this super game.
    -To Webbird again who has given me even more skins to use. (Scythia, Spain and Romans)

Last maintained 15/3/2006
    Last edited by DARTH_VADER; 03-16-2006 at 00:24.
    DarthMod It is pointless to resist. Give yourself to the dark side of the force!

Default Re: DarthMod 6.8 Unleashed!

A bump for the most amazing mod I played for Rtw so far.
    Last edited by Gen_Lee; 02-21-2006 at 16:00.

Preparing patch...will contain:
    -New map (vanilla with different distribution of lands and different campaign AI)Same as DarthMod 5.0 if some remember.
    -Formations with bridge tactics enhanced(The only thing that I have not altered in first formations of DM6.8 and to my eyes seems idiotic so I modded it.
    -Compatibility with music mods (lite music mod for example)
    -Included gladiators for slave uprisings
    -I want to include also land bridges in vanilla map. Can someone provide to me ready working files for land bridges connecting sicely-italy, iberian peninsula-africa,rhodes-asia,england-flanders, Cyprus-asia-arabia or any other ideas?
    Last edited by DARTH_VADER; 03-15-2006 at 18:53. Reason: obsolete
    DarthMod It is pointless to resist. Give yourself to the dark side of the force!

Blog Entries

Amazing as always Lord Vader.

Good work Darth, will give this a try...

''ΑΝΔΡΩΝ ΕΠΙΦΑΝΩΝ ΠΑΣΑ ΓΗ ΤΑΦΟΣ'' - ΘΟΥΚΥΔΙΔΗΣ
    Hegemonia Website here, Hegemonia Forum here

Default DarthMod 6.9 Released(obsolete)

New patch 6.9 Released

Download here:
    http://files.filefront.com/Darth_Mod.../fileinfo.html

and read info at edited first post

Also a small bug fix available check link above
    Last edited by DARTH_VADER; 03-15-2006 at 18:52. Reason: updated

Default Quick_Darth_Gameplay_Patch!(Test it to use it for 7.0)

Here is a small but valuable addition to your 6.9 DarthMod.

Download it!!!!

Its main purpose is to enhance the gameplay experience of your DarthMod and also by the feedback you will give you will contribute to the release of a perfect DarthMod according to your needs.

how to install?

-Have a clean DarthMod_6.9 installed as per instructions
    -Unzip
    -Open the file "Quick_Darth_Patch" and copy the whole content to \Activision\Rome - Total War
    (And not \Activision\Rome - Total War\Data=wrong)

Contents:

-Included much modding of hoplite/phalanx/spear units for better and more realistic usage of them.
    -Fixed some minor issues of AI formations for Romans-Macedon
    -Changed the map distribution again to create even better gameplay and more powerful Carthage.(To improve this I should have also imported some
    starting ports for Carthage and ships but test it as it is now to tell me)
    -Made secondary protective formation for all units according to their role.
    For example the melee-phalanx units will be more coherent (like shieldwall) and missile units will spread as usually. To activate it you must toggle the known button of loose/tight formation.(For phalanxes you must first unphalanx and then activate it to re-phalanx.)
    This does not apply only to human bcs as I think it has to do with an internal formation used when units go at melee. When they do this they use the spaces scripted for them to use when at loose formation. So then when they actually are in contact with enemy they are more coherent and
    protected even if they are not in a special formation.)
    This has to be proved and tested by you bcs it may be my false opinion.
    -Include the small CTD-Scythia Fix
    -Include improved Vassal_Beta3 (to use it first apply this small patch and then copy the content of the file "BETA_VASSAL3" with the same method as I advise above.You will witness super and new challenge by playing campaign VH to overpass the passiveness and for test play first with greek_cities
    as it is a guaranteed challenge.(Then tell me for others)

That's it. I am counting on you and also hope you enjoy it!

Darth Vader

-PS. You will lose your save games (Do not use them after install) but it is worth the effort believe me

Darth,

You've been asking for feedback so here's mine-I think that the mod is excellent. The formations and the adjustments you've made to factions' startpos has made the game much more challenging. The battles seem to last much longer too!...even when you have a mega star general. Playing as Julii the Gauls are actually tough! You have to be very careful with General's Bodygaurd units which I think is good and more historical. They can get chewed up quickly if you just throw them into a melee and don't keep an eye on them. All in all I think that the mod makes the AI behave more intelligently and the game's more of a challenge. Keep the Senate in any future mod! The lack of the Senate and the challenge it presents kind of turned me off of RTR.

One problem! (kind of a big one). I don't know whether it's due to the mod itself or not (very well might not be), but when I try to break a siege the game freezes. Have to shut the computer down and restart. Doesn't happen if I'm assaulting a city, only when I'm trying to break out and the troops are exiting the fortifications. I don't recall that ever having happened with vanilla so I thought I'd mention it. I can't finish a campaign!...and I'm actually enjoying them with your mod.

Anyway, I think you've done a really great job- Thanks!

I am kappy you enjoy the mod :). Indeed a lot of work is done to enhance the gameplay.I hope you play with my latest quick patch which enhances even more.

As for the problem you mention maybe it is solved with my updated DarthFormations 10.8 standalone version.
    Otherwise I cannot think what could it be but only if you tell me that by sallying you have also siege weapons?
    These cannot get out and so it also happened in vanilla sometimes.(to me)
    Also I hope you have not made customizations of the mod bcs then a lot could happen.(Even if you add a texture for a unit can cause a ctd if you neglect smthg). If you had done customization which files were modded?

Darth,

I tried your Vassal mod. The Scipii (as per your post) were immediately outlawed but as I was sitting around minding my own business (as Julii) I somehow was accused of starting a civil war! When I tried attacking the "unnaturally hairy" Gauls I was told that I didn't have enough popular support...hmm. That can ruin a would be conquerers day. Any suggestions??

Too bad because I love the concept. I even like the fact that one Roman faction's outlawed from the git-go. Always thought that 3 were too many.

Thanks

updated. DarthMod_7.0 ready.
    The org should support more I think
    Last edited by DARTH_VADER; 03-15-2006 at 18:51.

Updated thread title.
    Epistolary Richard's modding Rules of Cool
    Cool modders make their mods with the :mod command line switch
    If they don't, then Cool mod-users use the Mod Enabler (JSGME)
    Cool modders use show_err
    Cool modders use the tutorials database Cool modders check out the Welcome to the Modding Forums! thread Cool modders keep backups Cool modders help each other out

Quote Originally Posted by Epistolary Richard
    Updated thread title.
    Tks! I needed that.

I've been having some fun recently with Darthmod actually - I do recommend it. I'll post some pictures when I get a chance.
    Epistolary Richard's modding Rules of Cool
    Cool modders make their mods with the :mod command line switch
    If they don't, then Cool mod-users use the Mod Enabler (JSGME)
    Cool modders use show_err
    Cool modders use the tutorials database Cool modders check out the Welcome to the Modding Forums! thread Cool modders keep backups Cool modders help each other out

Blog Entries

Default Re: ***darth_mod_7.0***

One of my favorite mods... and to show my support, its being featured on the first issue of the Gah-Zette.

DarthMod_7.0.3,Open beta (UPDATED)

DOWNLOAD(RapidShare)

This is a real enhancement to your DarthMod_7.0 . It is called beta because there are included new animations and the gameplay will change. So there is a real effort to balance this out and you will have the opportunity to test and decide for the final version of DarthMod that will follow.

Very easy to install (You will realize that it is installed if you see Wipeout140’s red splash DarthMod screen)

-Target the installation to extract to your RTW main game folder where your DarthMod resides.

You can use your old DarthMod saves with no problem.

What it generally includes:

-Fixed and enhanced city view (Created by wipeout140)
    City View - When you do look at you citys they look realistic

-Enriched campaign descriptions and some Barbarian texts (Created by wipeout140)
    Campaign Descriptions - All faction have one now
    Unit Descriptions - Improved most gaul,britain troops with longer descriptions
    Tidyed up Custom Battle Screen

-Included new Forts used by SPQR awarded mod and created by lt1956(Thanks LT)
    (Adaptation made by wipeout140)
    Lt. News Forts;

-SignifierOne’s animation Pack included and adapted in DarthMod (First work done by Wipeout140 and Jegui)
    I really thank SignifierOne http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=27015
    Sig Animantions;

DarthMod will enter new era by including these new animations since they contain historical accuracy and also change the gameplay in many occasions.

This has been a wipeout140 idea so have to thank him again because I was too skeptical at first. Now I have personally balanced them to work in DarthMod without flaws and provide the best gameplay possible. You must test them to tell comments.

-Have made some minor adjustment in unit stats such as balancing Chosen Axemen, Giving more morale to Spartans etc.

-Have changed some diplomacy settings to make brutii start also at war with common Roman foes.(There is something hard coded there that prevents to do this perfectly)

-Included a small CTD fix when someone wanted to play with velite gladiator opponents.

-Finally you will test new Kawen k. excellent work he prepares for DarthMod.
    Right now he includes new banners, standards, buttons etc. for all factions and you will get a taste of what he can actually create.

The force is strong with wipeout140 and Kawen K. , DarthMod progresses with true support from them. and searches for new apprentices to become masters. If you want something to add in DarthMod and can help in it, do not hesitate to contact me.

-Last maintained by Darth Vader 28/3/06

Default ***darth_mod_7.5***

Download link Filefront
    Download link DepositFiles offer by Razunter
    Download link MegaUpload offer by Razunter
    Download link SendSpace offer by Razunter
    (Anyone able to provide me mirror links contact me or wipeout140 to put it here.Thanks!)

DARTHMOD 7.5 PATCH

This is the upgrade of my mod DarthMod 7.0. There has been a very wide interest in the mod which forced me to evolve it into something far greater than ever expected….the combination of two mods into one package!
    By having DarthMod_7.5 installed over your Barbarian Invasion RTW, you can play an evolved usual Darthmod Imperial Campaign but also you can use the BI.exe to start a new modded Darth_BI_Mod. Except from the new gameplay parameters that only in DarthMod you can fully witness, there are new skins and textures for almost every unit of BI. The things changed are too many to describe fully but some synoptic main alterations will be briefly mentioned. The whole DarthMod is around 750 MB unzipped…

Synoptic Alterations

For Imperial Campaign there are all the known improvements as seen in DarthMod_7.0 and also mainly:

-New animations as produced by the master of the kind SigniferOne. Almost every unit will use a new variant and especially the Romans will fight with their well known technique of shield pushing and stabbing.See his work here: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=27015
    The idea of including them and general support was introduced by wipeout140.
    Now the animations are fully functional and adapted to work perfectly with DarthMod

-The city view is fixed , valid and enhanced by wipeout140

-Some texts and campaign descriptions are also maintenanced by wipeout140

-Included new Forts used by SPQR awarded mod and created by lt1956(Thanks LT)
    (Adaptation made by wipeout140)

-Fixed a small ctd issue when velite gladiator was to be used in the battlefield.

-Kaweh K. has polished every graphical UI interface and icons. New unit cards, banners, screens etc. A truly exceptional work by one man.

-Balanced game map for increased AI challenge. For example AI Carthage will last and be powerful even more, heavy AI attack pressure etc.

-Balanced various unit stats for increased AI challenge. For example the charge settings for each unit are fully modded for a truly new flavor of battle visuals.
    You will see AI phalanxes to stand still waiting to support the center, Cavalry to dominate the open fields with supreme charges,
    chariot and elephants archers fire more delayed but more accurate arrows to the enemy for more realistic visuals...etc

-Fixed Greek unit protective formation to be identical so that the greek-theban formation to not have gaps. Also every melee unit formation is set to have thicker deploy for increased battle effectiveness of both AI and human

-Removed spear-mass buldozer effect of unphalanxed heavy spearmen like triarii.

-Made Triarii a uniquely powerful unit that can swap between Spear and Gladius weapon use according to circumstances.

-The internal Darth Formations are much improved and contain new better handle of AI cavalry and new settings for Roman formations so that AI will use the maniples with default guard mode and more discipline and effectiveness.

-Included many fixes of the well known bug-fixer mod of player1. More info of the mod here: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=39911

-Fixed the known freeze of human custom carthage poison formation. Replaced it with CA’s double line.

-Fixed fire arrows to be more visually beautiful with balance of lag related to this.

-Balanced rioting for many cities

-Many more…

The celts have broken our defences....retreat!!!

Romans withstand gaul attack

Roman might defends major offensive

Ptolemaic pikes

Greek-Theban Formation vs Roman Manipular

For Barbarian Invasion Campaign there are all the known improvements as seen in the BI_gameplay fix_1.8 up to now and:

-New gameplay balance. Heavy modding including mass settings, unit stats and many other to offer a similar battle experience with the DarthMod series but with a slight different approach due to the different era.

-Major new graphics for 90% of BI units. Supreme effort to re-texture and re-skeleton everything. There are 3 main contributors to this:
    Skins used by mod “Invasio Barbarorum-Flagellum Dei” of Attila-Reloaded (he has retired for some period) and the man who continues and enhances his effort, Ramon Gonzales y Garcia. A trully magnificent work from both and you should check their mod here: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=113
    Also beautiful Roman skins from Lusted check them here: http://www.twcenter.net/downloads/db/?mod=734
    And some re-colored sassanids from archer:
    http://www.twcenter.net/downloads/db/?mod=765

-New formations for BI. A truly new feel of battle will start from now on for the Barbarian Invasion. I use all the new techniques of my new Darth Total Formations 13 plus many more .Of course the formations are brand new.

-New custom human formations based on the new AI formations for BI. In order to adapt human gameplay efficiency to new parameters.

-Gigantic sprite generation for every new skin. 320MB of more than 1800 sprite files.

-Included many fixes of the well known bug-fixer mod of player1 for BI. More info of the mod here: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=39911

-Many more…

Byzantine Formation

Hun encircle

West Roman Formation

Byzantine cohesion wins

Byzantine discipline

SPECIAL NOTICES

In order to play DarthMod_7.5 with double mod playability you should have the following:

-A fully clean BI-RTW install patched to 1.6.
    Then install over it DarthMod_7.0 as per instructions.
    Then install over it patch DarthMod_7.5 .

Or

-Have already an unmodded DarthMod_7.0.x over a BI 1.6 installation
    Then install over it patch DarthMod_7.5 .to maintain your save games in
    DarthMod_7.0.x and also try the new DarthMod_BI. for Barbarian Invasion.

If you do not have Barbarian Invasion you cannot use the double mod playability but can still play the old campaign DarthMod_7.5 by having:

-A fully clean RTW install patched to 1.3 then to 1.5.
    Then install over it DarthMod_7.0 as per instructions.
    Then install over it patch DarthMod_7.5 .

Or

-Have already an unmodded DarthMod_7.0.x over a 1.5 installation
    Then install over it patch DarthMod_7.5 .to maintain your save games in
    DarthMod_7.0.x .You cannot play though the DarthMod_BI for Barbarian Invasion.

Also please note that Lite Music mod is fully combatible with DarthMod_7.5.
    By installing it over RTW folder and by applying some files I include inside you can play DarthMod with cinematic music!
    No need to delete events.dat!

SPECIAL THANKS

Of course again to all people I mention above that I use their work and especially to:
    -DarthMod current teammates(Alphabetical):
    Kaweh K. (Static Graphical Designer + intro screen creator for BI)
    Marvius (DarthMod Website creator)
    StudUK (Intro screen creator)
    Wipeout140 (General all around help)

Without them it would not have been so easy to upload my mod so soon.

-TWcenter stuff and general community that support my modding efforts

-The org and RTR team for general support

-All people mentioned on my DarthMod 7.0 readme file to which I owe the evolution of DarthMod.

-CA and Sega for the creation of a super game.(Hope they give us more modding tools in MTW2)

Contact me in my e-mail:thomadisnick@hotmail.com

and also visit DarthMod site here:
    http://darthmod.uk.to/

I expect all DarthMod Fans to have a clean copy of DarthMod_7.5 so that you can challenge me in multiplayer.
    All of you should have a nick name with [DM] or [DarthMod] in front for someone to realize that you are valid for DarthMod Multiplayer.
    I will organize tournaments here:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=44536

IMPORTANT READ THIS FIRST!!!!!
    ***Installation Notice***********

DarthMod_7.5 is a patch for DarthMod_7.0...so you need to have this first installed!

1)You already have a clean/unmodded DarthMod_7.0.x installed into a BI 1.6 install?

-Target the installation to extract to your RTW main game folder(where DarthMod resides)
    -ENJOY!!!

or

2)You play DarthMod for the first time and you own also Barbarian Invasion?
    -Apply BI install
    -Patch it to 1.6
    -Download DarthMod_7.0 and install as per instructions
    -Apply DarthMod_7.5 Patch by targeting the installation to extract to your RTW main game folder(where DarthMod resides)
    -ENJOY!!!

or

3)You already have a clean/unmodded DarthMod_7.0.x installed into a 1.5 install?

-Target the installation to extract to your RTW main game folder
    -ENJOY!!!(But you cannot play dual Mod Imperial campaign and Barbarian Invasion)

or

4)You play DarthMod for the first time and you do not own Barbarian Invasion?
    -Patch it to 1.3
    -Then patch it to 1.5
    -Download DarthMod_7.0 and install as per instructions
    -Apply DarthMod_7.5 Patch by targeting the installation to extract to your RTW main game folder(where DarthMod resides)
    -ENJOY!!!(But you cannot play dual Mod Imperial campaign and Barbarian Invasion)
    Last edited by DARTH_VADER; 05-03-2006 at 21:32.

i can't download from filefront there arn't free public servers avaible for download so. if you can't pay you can not play..!!

Updated with 3 new links...surely the problem is solved....the downloads in 1 day are countless.
    Last edited by DARTH_VADER; 05-03-2006 at 21:34.

Default DARTHMOD_fix_V1.0 updated 15/5/2006

DARTHMOD_fix_V1.0 updated 15/5/2006

This is mostly a gameplay fix provided to DarthMod fans by hearing various requests of playtesters either here in this forum either privately in PM.

So what it includes:

-A really new balance in unit stats that affects mostly elephants and phalanxes.
    The elephants will be better balanced (Powerful but vulnerable to skirmishers and mass of phalanx). This was not so clear in Very Hard
    battle settings due to the various bonuses given in this occasion.
    The phalanxes are now more difficult to break when in cohesion and removed the occasional tossing effect (although sometimes it exists
    very rarely but cannot do more in this). Generally will not be too much powerful but more lasting in holding their position.

-Improved the greek-theban formation AI. I have found some flaws which were corrected and also now it is more correctly deployed by
    the AI. Previously many times AI started deploying greeks correctly but then made a lot of divides which is not the greek-theban idea.

-Vitally I have concluded in something very unique to Total War AI procedure. "The campaign AI is linked to the battlefield AI".
    For example if we choose in desc_strat.txt file an AI faction setting, it affects how the AI will behave also in the battlefield instead of
    only the campaign map. This is not proven yet, and it is stated here for all to test differences in battle AI in factions of "greek_cities",
    "Macedon", "Seleucid" prior to this darth-fix. I have for example realized that the "balanced smith" AI is the best choice to give for a
    heavy phalanx based faction. "Balanced napoleon" is a very good setting for mix of phalanx-powerful cavalry". Other variations give
    different AI settings. For example give to greek_cities a "caesar" AI and will try to maneuver and divide his forces too much for the
    capability of their phalanxes. I would like very much the testing of this from hard core play-testers or modders to give me light if this is
    finally truth!

-Contains also the BI fix that fixes ctds in campaign map.

To install it, unzip it and copy the folder to your Rome - Total War folder (DarthMod_7.5 installation) with the same file structure as provided inside. (Or simply copy the Rome - Total War folder inside to replace your original.

The fix will be progressively updated here as you will mention your comments and provide more solutions to be used for upcoming DarthMod_8.0 Dark Edition

It is recommended to be downloaded immediatelly as it generally fixes and enhances DarthMod even more.
    Last edited by DARTH_VADER; 05-15-2006 at 20:34.

This is a non-commercial product based on the computer game "Rome Total War" published by Activision/Creative Assemply. Its purpose is to enhance the gameplay experience of this awarded game and not to be used for any profit creating reason. I have no responsibility for any undesirable effects that maybe noticed by misusing this software. All skin-developers who have allowed me to use their work to create this product and also myself have spent hundreds of hours with no money reward just for
    making the TW community and ourselves happier playing this game. Our only demand is that everyone respects this work and does not attempt to use this material for any public export without written permission. I hope that everyone is satisfied with my effort and I will reply to everyone who has comments or reports of undesired bugs.

Finder of Little Oddities Senior Member Makanyane's Avatar

welcome to the forum..
    you seem to have been trying to quote from the first post, but its not clear what you're asking - I'm afraid you can't edit your posts yet, so could you try posting again?
    Not used mods before? Looking for something small and fun?!
    Download the: