Thread: ***darth_mod_7.0***

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default ***darth_mod_7.0***

DOWNLOAD(Filefront)
    DOWNLOAD(RapidShare)

DARTH MOD_7.0

(An unofficial mod for the award winning game Rome:Total War created by Creative Assemply whose official rights now are hold by SEGA.)

This is a non-commercial product based on the computer game "Rome Total War" published by Activision/Creative Assemply. Its purpose is to enhance the gameplay experience of this awarded game and not to be used for any profit creating reason. I have no responsibility for any undesirable effects that maybe noticed by misusing this software. All skin-developers who have allowed me to use their work to create this product and also myself have spent hundreds of hours with no money reward just for
    making the TW community and ourselves happier playing this game. Our only demand is that everyone respects this work and does not attempt to use this material for any public export without written permission. I hope that everyone is satisfied with my effort and I will reply to everyone who has comments or reports of undesired bugs.
    My name is DARTH VADER in the forums of www.twcenter.net and
    www.rometotalrealism.org and www.totalwarwar.org and www.totalwar.com
    My personal e-mail is thomadisnick@hotmail.com

-Have a fresh Install of RTW
    -Patch it to 1.3 then to 1.5 (or simply have a clean 1.6 BI version)
    -play the prologue just once to unlock it (optional)
    -Target the installation to extract to your RTW main game folder
    (For example C:\program files\Activision\Rome - Total War)
    and not C:\program files\Activision\Rome - Total War\data= wrong)
    -ENJOY!!!

Suggestions
    -Do not install over a version of a modded RTW game folder.
    -Do not use the default installation path but manually browse to find you custom based directory of the game as per example.
    -Back up your files if you try to manually mod the DarthMod as per your taste. Problems occur and you shout for bugs that do not exist.
    -This version of my mod is tested to play as is. If you want to add other mods in it and anticipate problems, will not be of my responsibility.
    -DarthMod_7.0 will not work on top of other mods
    -Do not play old save games of Darthmod
    -Do not play quick battle or historic battles as do not function properly.(Historic battles fixed though in 7.0)

Synoptic Enhancements of DarthMod_7.0

-New Darth_Map (Modification of existing Vanilla map)
    Re-distribution of all starting faction provinces to provide historical and gameplay correction of challenge. AI campaign has been balanced to provide the best gameplay possible. The vanilla map is a good map if triggered correctly.
    Also new vegetation settings for more thick forests and more opportunities for AI ambushes. Barbarian lands will now be very difficult to invade.

-Created variable winning AI conditions through heavy modding of diplomacy settings and AI winning conditions. Not done before in such extent and this has created a tremendous pressing and clever AI campaign faction thinking.

-Created scripts for Gaul and Parthia to re-emerge if they are won in start of game and when rebellions occur in their prior lands.(Have to beta test this how it works in very late turns but generally no CTDs occurred

-Created forced naval invasions for many factions that create an unbelievable campaign challenge. Watch greeks really unite with Macedonians and have an obsession to conquer Sicely and even throw away Romans from the island. Carthage to be competitive and maintain her lands while Scipii have to win several fronts to survive. Generally each faction gets powerful enough to create powerful balanced armies for the human player to challenge with the new Darth Settings of Battle gameplay .

-Inserted pictures for the Darth custom battle maps (Thanks RTR team for creating them!)

-Created compatibility for the mod to be used for any music mod without erasing events.dat file.(Also provide certain optional setting for those who use Lite Music mod and it is copied in the root directory of the game to be used freely when needed ONLY if you use lite music mod)

-Inserted images for the new map settings for each faction

-New Darth_Total_formations_12.0. The formations seen in 6.8 are nothing compared to what you will witness now. Managed to find ways to play with hard coded CA hidden commands. Now you will see new AI tactics and style of play for each historic formation. The Hellenic formations will use phalanxes with cohesion and discipline and not phalanx/unphalanx all the time. Romans will use maneuverability in an unparalleled way (maniples will stretch, combine, flank according to circumstances), Barbarians will storm with ferocious charges, Asian armies will use with efficiency horse archery and Carthage will cunningly flank and deceive any human army.
    But not only this. Darthmod 7.0 uses new settings and replaces loose formation for units to be called “protective formation”. Units with high shielding will use this by default (such as Romans) and other will swap between modes. Of course the lightly armed units will use the normal loose formations. This works for human to have in mind that protection will be better according to units strengths and weaknesses. This will be valid only with internal Darth_Total_Formations_12 . The Stand alone version that will be released will not use this option for combatibility with other mods. So you must use only the internal formations for best effects.
    Also bridge and siege tactics are now much different and now AI bridge defense is a real challenge.

-Modded the Day phasing and also the light and weather effects for the best and most realistic visuals. Nights will be realistic. Many battles will start with fog to clear out in the middle or rain may come in the midst of battle. Also long battles will cause the day to darken as to reflect the actual length of battle.

-Corrected projectile trajectories for more realistic effects and actually more effective AI use of missiles

-Removed boiling oil to help the AI in sieges (Found that in the totalwar.org but never managed to find again who wrote it to give credits….thanks anyway. A real puzzle to me how to do it till now.

-Used settings for realistic vegetations of OrrieBoi. Thanks a real help to me.(Did not use the grass settings because it caused lag) http://forums.rometotalrealism.org//...ic=11764&st=0#

-Made available the Vassal_beta_4. For those who do not know it is an optional way of playing RTW by creating superfactions with vassals that honour alliances and thus create powerful AI armies for human player to defeat. In this version I have corrected the early internal roman conflict(And the senate obsession against Scipii). The alliances will be powerful and the only thing that may be a problem is that the superfactions will rarely expand but will use their vassals to wage their wars. But this creates stable powers that human player will have great difficulty to defeat.
    There is an extra folder that will be copied to root directory of RTW called “Vassal_beta_4”. If you open it and copy the content inside DATA folder you will replace data\world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign\ descr_strat and data\sm_factions (back it up if you do not want to lose default darthmod settings).

-Many gameplay new settings for example Roman units are set to reflect their true historical way of fighting based on good shielding protection and infliction of critical hits that made them able to beat even stronger opponents. They are set in a very delicate unique way but are not overpowered. Their superiority is shown in the battlefield though. The unit stats are different in a way that the Roman superior weapons and training are reflected. (They push and disupt any formation with combinations of pila, withstand with cohesion the attacks and inflict critical hits)
    Greeks are fighting with discipline and impenetrable spear walls….no more to say….the DarthMod battlefield gameplay is something that is unique and the best to witness for a RTW player.

-Mass settings are creating real effects of charge penetrations, cavalry swarms, dead horse bodies are falling to disrupt infantry formations, Elephants are keeping infantry at a distance in a way that the battlefield feels alive and violent.

-Also night battles are enabled thanks to excellent tutorial of DimeBagHo
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=41936

I hope you all enjoy my work in this mod that is mostly based in gameplay enhancements and also uses the work of graphic designers and people as I mention below with honour:

-----------Skin-Creators-----------
    Special Thanks to the following guys who have allowed me to use their work but also because this work is simply wonderfull!!!

(In alphabetical order)
    ----Augustus21----(for his AUG_Phalangites skin mod)
    ----Burebista-----(for his skins set for Carthage army)
    ----KALI----------(for his skins set for Parthian army)
    ----LAca----------(for his phalanx_pikemen, seleucid_legionaries, Numidian_Legionaries skin mods)
    ----meh_cd--------(for his macedonian hypaspist skin)
    -------SpartanWarrior---------------(for use of his skin for macedonian heavy phalanx p.s Vlad told me it is his work and I tried to contact him but failed.
    Still I mention him.)
    -------Titus Andronicus & sleighr---(for use of some skins in their ptolemaic egypt mod = hellenic light cavalry, greek standard, machimoi)
    ---Warspite-------(for his wspite_armenians_v1.0, wspite_mercs_2.1, wspite_numidia_v1.0, wspite_pontics_1.0 skins mods)
    ---Webbird--------(for his complete skinpack (Rev 1.1), Wb New celts skin mods,
    Copyright of Artwork and Files within this Package: U.Erdmann -skinXess- 2005 Copyright of pylos spartan cas: The Trivium Organisation)
    ---Vrabac and Alcibiades--- For their skin of Seleucid silvershields.

If I accidentally use material from persons I have not mentioned above, please notify me immediately so as to update the text file.
    Also I use almost all the 2d UI icons provided by them. Most 2d Icons are created by myself and also many texture skins are also created by me for example I used Augustus21 skins and skeletons to create new bronze plated phalanx unit and cavalry for Ptolemaic Egypt.

**********************Special Thanks**********************
    -To “ngr”, “khelvan” and the whole “Europa Barbarorum” team for allowing me to use the great and enormous map of Mundus_Magnus 2 in DarthMod_5.8 and some mercenary units of them now transferred to 7.0.
    - To TWcenter.net stuff for their super support.
    -To RomeTotalRealism team for their hosting of my forum to their site and their general support.
    -To YOU the fans of my mod who support it with your appreciation.
    -CA & Activision & SEGA for the creation of this super game.
    -To Webbird again who has given me even more skins to use. (Scythia, Spain and Romans)

Last maintained 15/3/2006
    Last edited by DARTH_VADER; 03-16-2006 at 00:24.
    DarthMod It is pointless to resist. Give yourself to the dark side of the force!