Thread: princess

Default princess

if you marry one of your princesses off to a rival faction's prince, do you gain that dude into your own faction, or do you lose your princess forever, if so, what's in it for you to marry her off?

If you marry her to a rival faction's general, do you gain control of him?

If you marry her to a rebel, do you gain control of that guy?

I don't really understand the whole princess concept, sorry, guys, I never played MTW1, so please bear with me.

Research Shinobi Senior Member Tamur's Avatar

Default Re: princess

hi myz,

Don't worry about not knowing MTW1 princesses, it seems the "princess mechanic" has been changed a bit.

There were a couple of marketing statements implying that marriage to a princess would bring another faction's general AND lands into your faction. There was some speculation about princesses marrying your own captains... and some (completely unconfirmed speculation) saying that the princess will become part of the OTHER faction but then influence her husband to take power and ally with your faction. And some even more far-fetched speculation (if that's possible).

In short, there's little solid information on them besides the fact that they are in, and will be marrying off to eligible faction members. It might be that further info has come out that I've missed, though. Hopefully someone can be a little more helpful.
    "Die Wahrheit ruht in Gott / Uns bleibt das Forschen." Johann von Müller

Default Re: princess

Well, I don't know what it is in M2TW, but in MTW you would lose the princess forever, but you would gain an alliance with that faction, and if that faction is destroyed by losing all of it's rulers you may get some of their lands.
    "You're drunk again!"
    "Na Im just exhausted from staying up all night drinking!" - Family guy