Thread: some makadonian advice

Default some makadonian advice

Ok, hear me out. I need some advise.
    In my macedonian campaign (forgive me, but í'm not going to name factions or cities by their EB names, if i dont know what they are).
    I now control the helen cities to the south, and the epirote cities in greece, as well as thermon. basically, greece and byzantium are mine. the army i used to conquer this all is now heading for greece, and next rhodos, and next halikarnassus, pergamom, etc. problem is, the dacians are knocking on my door, i managed to get an alliance with them, but they are running out of rebel cities to take.
    question is, should i raise armies there, and take the fight to them? i can afford it. or should i sit and wait. I'm asking this because i dont know if the dacians have been properly balanced. those falxmen look rather nasty. It would require me to fight on 2 fronts, and considering the rather "unforgiving" economy settings EB implements, i dont know if that is a very wise thing to do.

Default Re: some makadonian advice

Who are you fighting with now also? Your second front?

You may have to deal with the getai sooner or later anyway. The amber route provinces can be good money makers for you too, especially if kallatis is included with its seaport. But if you haven't taken rhodes and crete yet, and if you can hold off a bit longer - I'd try to get them first, and then you can start making money from them (and they are pretty safely protected from attack). Then you can fight the getai. Also - I always use archers to take out the unshielded drapanai before I get anywhere near them.

he's fighting the greeks as his second front...
    frankly, i don't think the greeks are much of an issue after you push them off the mainland. I think if you're ready, or think they'll attack, settle down, and kill off Dacia. The greeks won't do anything while you're gone.

The Dacians stayed allied to me throughout my whole invasion of Egypt thing in the thread i made, despite us being border buddies and my cities in Greece being almost entirely unprotected from invasion.

I found the Getai to be quite loyal, actually. Only once they had lost their war against the Romans did they actually turn on me, and by then I'd managed to fortify my towns pretty well.

What you'll want to do is head north and take Sardika and all of those cities. Upgrade the walls to Large Stone Walls or better, and pack the towns with archers. The enemy will only be able to make rams and towers, which you can burn down with your archers. It's a pretty failsafe defense.

Upgrade the walls to Large Stone Walls or better, and pack the towns with archers. The enemy will only be able to make rams and towers, which you can burn down with your archers. It's a pretty failsafe defense.
    Is this still the case? I've noticed the enemy AI building ladders and sap points in my recent seiges.

(Mind, I've also had rebel stacks attack my settlements while I was playing on M campaign difficulty, so, maybe my rig is just possessed.)
    "Fear is the enemy of logic. There is no more debilitating, crushing, self-defeating, sickening thing in the world--to an individual or to a nation."
    --Frank Sinatra