Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PMTW 2 - the mod for MTW 2

Default Re: PMTW 2 - the mod for MTW 2

The problem with that is that you run out of provinces way too quickly
    Good point. Hopefully they have increased the limit. If not, the idea could be used for smaller campaigns, eg, English Civil war, 30 years war, 80 years war etc.

If it could be set so that the castles drew from the city province, then all right.
    That would be good, there could be a button in the castle that transfers X number of people from the city to the castle.

We will have to wait to find out.

Crusading historian Member cegorach's Avatar

Exactly.

I had some more ideas.

1. Industry building. eg. If a province has cotton in it, a cotton plantation can be built which produces cotton, which acts like a trading item. Then the province can build a cloth maker, which produces cloth that also acts like a trading item. Then there would be a larger cotton plantation upgrade, which increases the value of the cotton, because more of it is being exported. Then a larger cloth maker upgrade can be built, etc. I am not sure if this idea is possible.

2. Fish. Docks increase growth rate because of fishing.

3. Colonial buildings. Buildings that can only be built in the new world. eg, slave trade things, colonial government things.

Dispensing plasmids one bacteria at a time...

Quote Originally Posted by The_Doctor
    1. Industry building. eg. If a province has cotton in it, a cotton plantation can be built which produces cotton, which acts like a trading item. Then the province can build a cloth maker, which produces cloth that also acts like a trading item. Then there would be a larger cotton plantation upgrade, which increases the value of the cotton, because more of it is being exported. Then a larger cloth maker upgrade can be built, etc. I am not sure if this idea is possible.
    It should be possible (maybe). MTW has events that can add new trade items, so maybe the construction of new bldgs can trigger that event. Doing it that way probably makes it a one-time deal, though.
    "Its just like the story of the grasshopper and the octopus. All year long the grasshopper kept burying acorns for winter while the octopus mooched off his girlfriend and watched TV. Then the winter came, and the grasshopper died, and the octopus ate all his acorns and also he got a racecar. Is any of this getting through to you?"

--Fry, Futurama, the show that does not advocate the cool crime of robbery

It should be possible (maybe). MTW has events that can add new trade items, so maybe the construction of new bldgs can trigger that event. Doing it that way probably makes it a one-time deal, though.
    But this M2TW, which we don't much about.

A disadvantage to all the industry building would be that you are more dependent on trade, so you will need to protect your ports/roads more and have better relations with foreign powers. Which is good because it will add more strategy to the game.
    Last edited by The_Doctor; 08-24-2006 at 17:25.

Passionate MTW peasant Member Deus ret.'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The_Doctor
    A disadvantage to all the industry building would be that you are more dependent on trade, so you will need to protect your ports/roads more and have better relations with foreign powers. Which is good because it will add more strategy to the game.
    Don't forget that in RTW the difference between trading with a foreign power or your own cities was neglectable to a great extent. If MTW2 adapts the trade scheme from RTW (rather likely, given its overall proximity to its predecessor - please correct me if I'm wrong in that) the industry would simply be an additional income for its city, pretty much independent from outer circumstances - a kind of special resource, more like a (MTW-style) mine.

personally I like the idea quite a lot and would appreciate a greater weight of foreign powers in MTW2, also in the field of trade relations (through their mere existence). RTW just made plain conquering too tempting and also too simple.
    Vexilla Regis prodeunt Inferni.

It is confirmed

http://pc.ign.com/articles/731/731089p3.html

THE WARWAGONS ARE IN THE MTW 2 !

Now there is everything we need

THE WARWAGONS ARE IN THE MTW 2 !
    That is good news.

I would how they will work?