Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: AAR - The Waste Land - A EB Parthian Story

Default Re: AAR - The Waste Land - A EB Parthian Story

Your AAR rules Artaserse. Pity there aren't many AARs outside RTR forums.
    Last edited by Byzantine Emperor; 09-19-2006 at 20:27.
    Down with the enemies of Byzantium!
    The Bartix thread is good for your health!

Member thankful for this post:

Prodder of Stuff Member Musopticon?'s Avatar

Arsaces?

aka Artaserse (the Lone Borg) Member Obelics's Avatar

oh well, arsace, artaserse, obelics, borg, cyruz etc... there's no problem mates

anyway this has just reminded me of the origin of the name Artaserse, it is from the ancient persian Artakhshathra (Olmstead - "Hystory of the Persian Empire" - 1948 - University of Chicago Press)
    It means: "The Kingdom of Arta" id est: "the Kingdom of Rectitude" - Arta=Rectitude (ok i think it is not so well fitted to me...ehm)
    The Rectitude (Arta) was one of the main Principles of the Zhoroastrism (or Mazdeism)
    Artaserse was the Six (VI) Persian Emperor, to not confond with is father Serse (Khshayarsha), who was the son of Darius the Usurper (so pheraphs there was not so much "arta" in their blood... )
    even if the latin or greek traslitteration is the same "-serse" or "-xerxes" in persian they should be two different names without arta-
    Khshathra and Khshayarsha (the first referring to Artaserse and the second referring to his father Serse)

ok why im saying all this? well i dont know

anyway thanks to all you nice people, im really fond of you, i have played my campaign enough to make some update, so i need to assembly the screen shoots now i guess, so, sorry for my infinite lazyness and sloweliness, i will post an update as soon as i have finished it, but as usually i need some time to do it...

Salut a tous!
    Arzarakarakaz!

Artaserse/Artaxerxes/Artakhshathra etcetera etcetera

[EDIT: here's the copies of tables 16B and 16C]
    This is the copy of the post of table 16B

here's an update, it is about a small battle, but i hope it's ok... it is some time i didn't occupy of this thinks, so it took me more time, cause i had to retake mspaint and photoshop.
    A warmy arzarakarakaz to all people (very few, i imagine, cause i post it in a new forum for this aar) people who like/unlike/read it.
    Press F11 on keyboard cause i like vertical style sshoots and here we are:

TAVOLA XVI - B

This music is succcessful with a "dying fall"
    Now that we talk of dying -
    And should I have the right to smile?

T. S. Eliot - Portrait of a Lady

we are trying to have back our past of strange glory... we started from a world who was so hostile, so dark, we are slowly spreading the light and the shine in the Waste Land, ok Ok! this was our first priority we know, but it is not our fault if it is so difficult...

some good news some time are not so welcome...
    have already become an Empire? some of the farest provinces, some of what were the smallest outpost, are becoming to demand more and more, towns grown cities, people who come there from the rural villages searching for luck, it's the long-lasting inurbation matter! ah the gods! have we to elaborate a Quinquennal Plane for Economy and Industry so to give this underproletariate some work to keep quite? Or have we just to make a sort of a "pass" to avoid who is born in the wild country to enter the main towns, so to give an end to this extremely fast growth...?

We tend for a "Lasting Five years" big Plan, according to our original social being... that is very questionable, but so he want our ancestor...
    but... where is Strato the crippled, the greek leader who fleed the blade of Sacripans?

it seems we've got him, just a minor work for our fierce, so noble knights... some of them have a so noble birth, that their fathers are still asking themselves if they had to give them their name...

here we see how the skirmish will be fought...

Ah the ancient art of the words, the greeks are the masters in these kind of thinks, and it can be one of the finest instruments to win a war... especially in the hands of a rhetorician so fine, a so expert orator...

lets see how He will solve the matter, with what so refined verse he will close its solemn hymns...

an unworthy end for ehm... ok, a worthy soul...

ah not a bad result for that battle, but it could have be much better...

here's some new acquisitions to the parthian cause... we will have soon to manage what role to give them, what place among the cells of the parthian society...

and then... ah ok, but there are a lot of blu banners walking around...

as usually the world is vast and the land is waste, we have the secret hope that with two or three more provinces, we could finally afford to have a larger expense in the military side of our desperate quest for an empire to raise from the past...

TBC

hope enjoied

This is the copy of table 16C
    [thanks for the great support friends , cant say how it is nice to have the whole think back....
    ah, so I must do all my best to make Kuna return i guess... i will try it in the next installement, regarding Aristocrat III aaargh you brilliant people! :P
    anyway here's the third part of the Woodlands trylogy, ive also updated the "table of contents" on the first post of this thread]

Here's an update, sorry, as usually im not very fast on updating, so this is a large one. Thanks for Eadingas and another nice guy (???), for some small (not so small to say the truth) changes. Remember to press F11 for better viewing:

TAVOLA XVI - C

Around her funtain wich flows
    With the voice of men in pain,
    Are flowers that no man knows.
    Their petals are fanged and red
    Whit ideous streak and stain;
    They sprang from the limbs of the dead. -
    We shall not come here again.

T. S. Eliot - Circe's Palace

So, there could be a threat against our way to see the relations between peoples... we could leave them to rest, a given peace, even letting them trading in some way, they had a strange will to keep awaken our nomadic soul, some of us were robbers used to keep their existences around what was once upon a time the extint Akemenid empire, some others of us descent from noble Persian Heritage (there's even somebody who dare to say he descent in direct line from the mighty Hakhamanish... a name that should not be prononced, too feble his souvenir among the Time), others again are just half-breed nasty people born from the anarchy raised by the fall of that empire so vast, and to the crude age followed after... and some of this anarchic blood still flowing fiery... people whose ancestors were used to live on the uncertainty, and if they need to recall some roots, we can not leave out the seeds of our common past of arii plunderers, as far as a nomadic blood...

Teleas (do you remember?) almost destroyed our army under the walls of the town... we survived, and now we've returned to try it again... we could succed this time...

and so the battle...

the Parhian are not used to fight in the closed spaces, they hate the forests, they need open lands where to move their cavalry... our archers who have a deep sight need a perspective beetween them and their enemies...

the old uncle waiting for his last exploits...

some one dye without a guilt with no praises

and here a small place where to move

We had to profit of very few small places were to have our manoeuvres, there where three of these places as you know, we had to put there the three limbs of our army...

Artavardya is young but could He be the Successor?

A duel, have a pity for the older one...

an end

and the reinforcement too late arrived...

here they are...

the results:

a man who is trying to find a role in the quest...

ah the capital, we knew that if we had got the strategic town of Antiocheia Margiane, we could have had an open corridor in the core of the Bactrian dominions...

and a false start...

but we have to find a way to destroy their phalanx with not too much losses...

Ah! we cant manage to fight against their spearmen without to loose some of our better warriors...

but here!

as usually the State have a place for every one to employ...

the magnificent temples of the mighty towns!

our world so vast in our current vision...

and other peoples...

and new places, we have managed to conquer their capital, let's see if we will be able to keep what we toke and if we can got back now the lost province of Hyrkania, the seleucids bands are swarming around... we will try to drive them back until the end of the night (from castle to castle as the old Destouche...), if we can keep alive...

TBC

hope enjoyed

Poll Smoker Senior Member CountArach's Avatar

Interesting read.
    Rest in Peace TosaInu, the Org will be your legacy
    Quote Originally Posted by Leon Blum - For All Mankind
    Nothing established by violence and maintained by force, nothing that degrades humanity and is based on contempt for human personality, can endure.

Agreed. Artas you hold up a rich cultural heritage with your AAR!

artsy-fartsy type Member Discoskull's Avatar
    Atlanta, Georgia, USA, and I ain't no yank

That's it. When .8 comes out, I'm doing a Casse AAR. The Waste Land is just too frickin entertaining...I must compete...
    edit - IF I even have the time to do it justice...may have to be a mini...
    Last edited by Discoskull; 09-17-2006 at 22:37.
    EB.

Quote Originally Posted by Discoskull
    That's it. When .8 comes out, I'm doing a Casse AAR. The Waste Land is just too frickin entertaining...I must compete...
    I reckon we are going to see a lot more AARs when 0.8 comes out. I know I'm going to start one for Hayasdan - I'm looking forward to that.

Foot
    EBII Mod Leader
    Hayasdan Faction Co-ordinator

Quote Originally Posted by Discoskull
    ...I must compete...
    Blasphemer! Though shalt not compete with the Greatest AAR of all time!
    Nothing established by violence and maintained by force, nothing that degrades humanity and is based on contempt for human personality, can endure.

I could compete! That's not the same as saying I could win...not that these things are a contest or anything...
    EB.

Post Re: AAR - The Waste Land - A EB Parthian Story

Quote Originally Posted by Foot
    I reckon we are going to see a lot more AARs when 0.8 comes out. I know I'm going to start one for Hayasdan - I'm looking forward to that.

Foot
    Well there will be some competition whit this faction , i want to try an AAR for Hayasdan as well (sory for my terible speling )

I forgot to snay, this is the best ARR I have read.
    I´m looking forward too the next chapter

Quote Originally Posted by Ower
    Well there will be some competition whit this faction , i want to try an AAR for Hayasdan as well (sory for my terible speling )
    Bring it on, my friend, bring it on. The more the merrier.

Foot
    EBII Mod Leader
    Hayasdan Faction Co-ordinator

Suddenly I wish I had a faster internet. I'd do a Pontic AAR this minute.

Sorry Artaserse, all names like that sound the same to me :P.

Your AAR is still great, arsace, artaserse, obelics, borg, cyruz etc or whatever your name is :lol:
    Down with the enemies of Byzantium!
    The Bartix thread is good for your health!

Hi guys;
    May I ask you to use another imagehosting to host the images of your AARs.Imageshake has been blocked ,so i can't see the pics.(I can't read and enjoy your AAR Obelics

I know a few others :
    http://www.pictiger.com/

http://www.imgfree.net/
    and
    http://www.tinypic.com/

Thank you so mutch
    -Kambiz

Forgotten Empire

Sardonic Antipodean Member Trithemius's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kambiz
    Hi guys;
    May I ask you to use another imagehosting to host the images of your AARs.Imageshake has been blocked ,so i can't see the pics.(I can't read and enjoy your AAR Obelics
    If your ISP is doing some funky you should tell them to sort it out!
    Trithemius
    "Power performs the Miracle." - Johannes Trithemius

Unhappy Re: AAR - The Waste Land - A EB Parthian Story

@Trithemius
    NO way, Its order of the goverment Not the decision of ISP itself

But thanks for the direction
    -Kambiz

Forgotten Empire

@Trithemius
    NO way, Its order of the goverment Not the decision of ISP itself
    Wow! What government is that, if I may ask?
    Trithemius

Angry Re: AAR - The Waste Land - A EB Parthian Story

Hi;
    Quote Originally Posted by Trithemius
    Wow! What government is that, if I may ask?
    No ,Its OK.It is "Islamic Republic of Iran" of course. Although I assure you that it is neither Republic nor even Islamic.
    Last edited by kambiz; 09-24-2006 at 14:12.

Forgotten Empire

Well.... give them a little bit of time. After a while they should start paying less attention, or be more lenient. (in the mean time try to find out another way, like people say in Cuba, "Find the 5th leg of the cat")

Hi;

No ,Its OK.It is "Islamic Republic of Iran" of course. Although I assure you that it is neither Republic nor even Islamic.
    That's a real pain, since the EB guys make use of ImageShack for all their previews and things as well. :(

Is there no way of using technical wizardry to get access to it?
    Trithemius

ah, Im having some life-iussues, so i cant update it for a while... Im also having very few online access in this period, so sorry if i dont post too much in this period... it is just a matter of time, but as i will have some, i will take it back.
    So thanks to all you have feedbacked here, and i hope you will still be here when i will have the time to update.

Thanks (in alphabetical order): Count, Bizantine Emp, Bonny, Diskokull, Foot, Justiciar, Kambitz, Musopticon?, Neospartan, Ower, Paullus, Salvor, Sdragon, Spendios, Subedei, TA, Thritemius, Wardo (excuse me if i forget some one)

@Count, ive saw your signature in the rtr forums... it's an honour for me.

Sorry again if i will not update for a while.

PS: Ive read all the post here, and im sorry for Kambitz for the IShack problem, but it is too hard to re-upload all the pics on another IHoster. Again, I read the Diskokull mini aar on Casse and it is really good, there is no aar competition, Owner and Foot, im sure your Armenian aar will be great, the most important think is to follow its own style, and to have fun on doing it.

greets
    Artaserse

[EDIT: here's some further ones i got from the backup, at last i want to remember the 18, it was one i liked]
    This is the copy of the post of table 17

ok, here's a small update, sorry to not have the time to make more for now. Anyway i must admit that i feel a strange weariness in the rtw world after the m2tw demo was relased, so im a bit sad for this, there seem to not be more the same activity as before... ah, i think this is just natural... (or pheraphs it is just dominus's gone that seems there is not so much activity, praises to him) so i dont want to be defeatist... hope you like this little think as you liked the previous. as usually a warmy arzarakarakaz to all who liked/unliked/read this and press F11 on your keyboard for a better view since i like vertical screen shoots, there is an updated table of contents in the first post of this thread, and dont forget to feedback even if you have very negative feedback, here it is:

TAVOLA XVII

But let us live while yet we may,
    While love and life are free,
    For time is time, and runs away,
    Though sages disagree.

T.S. Eliot - A Lyric

So we thought our enemies were weakened, we left some units in Bactra, the former Capital of our actual enemies (now under our control) and we followed them in the inner core of the Eastern lands... but here! some people still come back from somewhere...

...back in a friendly place...

we proceeded further in the East to seek the Bactrian remaining armies, but it seems their power is not near to an end, we found ourselves alone in an enemy province, sourrounded by the foes...the way for the retreat is cutted down, Teleas, so you remember? the Greek captain who has almost destroyed our army near Antiocheia Margiane is marching toward us between Kophen and Bactra, so our march back in our territories is blocked down... we cant turn back if we dont want to meet him, and as usually cant set a siege that suddendly an enemy army appear from nowhere...

a battle so glorious to fight...

and here's the battlefield in a sunny afternon:

well, this is the situation, there is a small garrison in the town, while an huge army is approaching fast... what to do? could we risk?

some time the wise choice is not the more glorious one...

just a quick end...close that gates in some manner and keep ready for a ride...

and here's the results...

here's a memorial to remember this man, we dont know how much time is left to fight at our side again...

so shameless so fast...

I know you all were there hoping to see we lying on the ground in a blood puddle...but this time Akemenes was wise listening to the appreciated suggestion of Shin... no more to say for now, the world is vast as usually, wasted are the grounds as well as the sun is pale... the sky is grey... lets have a ride back in a less wasted and more friendly land where to stay... (and my rimes are becoming even worst than before...)

TBC

hope enjoyed

This is the copy of a "what if?" post related to the battle of kophen in the previous table
    thanks for the protection count :lol: anyway the problem is that as we get out of Kophen, i begun to play in a sort of a fury and took very few screenshots (just the battletab deployments and results, and very few images of the battles), so i have a bit of a problem to assembly a good update, with a good assembled battle pics, and im too lazy to turn back from an old save and replay it all, anyway i will find a way...

yesterday, i speculated a bit on that battle of Kophen, the unglorious one, and i tryied to replay it from the old save, this time trying to fight the 2 armies in one time, here's the results (with some pics):

here's the enemy army dysplayed in a phalanx line (all our archers were setted in skirmish mode of course), all their cavalry were on their left flank, cause they were the attackers in this case, so we had to move all our cavalry on the right to face them. The phalanxes were faced after a while, one by one, for now i just loose the control of my foot archers, cause they were all in skirmish, and i concentrate on enemy cavalry.
    The bad side is that while all caballry was on their left flank, the two generals were on the right one, so i lost some units of archers.

3 general to face (2+1), this one was the last:

and these are the results, as you can see it was a massacre, even from our side, dont forget that the battle was fought near the wooden walls of kophen, and that my archers (both on foot or mounted) are very sensible to the tower arrows. and also dont forget the settings, VH/VH that cause an unbalanced gamestats (exspecially for archers i say and for charges, this is even more true for EB who's stats are thought for H/M.)

now you say ok but you have taken the town, but i dont show the rests of my army to save you by the disturbing view of some "missing in action" charachters (cry :vava: ).

But remember that this is not an update, this is just an experiment of FANTA-Waste Land (what could have been happened?)

and then this is a pic showing Teleas (the capitain who almost destroyed our army under the wall of Antiocheia Margiane (Tavola 15 - page 14), he and his remaining army from that battle was marching between Bactra and Kophen, cutting us the retreat, and with 500 men left in our army, i dont know how we could have done...

https://i301.photobucket.com/albums/...topia5bwr5.jpg
    the picture above, was also an excuse to show you the new eastern interface, it is still WIP, so it could change in EB0.8, remember that im not an EB member and not related with any EB policy, it was just a personal gift (not related with nothing) from a nice guy of the team you could know :D, and he autorized me (under my ask) to use it in the aar since it was already previewed (the Nizag Gund small/large unit card was mine anyway, i made it for my game and uploaded it on the EB forum in my Ucard thread if you like and want to use it)

PS im not sure the parthian interface is this Eastern one, or the Nomadic one in the final relase, they are still debating if pahlava will be an Eastern or a Nomadic one in the final interface graphics. (it should be nice if they start with a Nomadic interface and finish with an Eastern one, but it is hardoded i think)

ok i think it's all for this strange FANTA-post
    Salut to all, arzarakarkakazz and dont worry, a "real" update soon...

This is the copy of the post of a little interlude
    Ok i thought also this Kuna deserved an "interlude" as the previous cyruz... i hope im not destroing him so much... man can be good and can be bad, not one only side alone... ok i've sayd the banality of the night...
    i also imagined that his "parthian" is becoming better after all this time... or he is just making some efforts to appear better in this case... he imagined a glorious return for him after all... and Marakanda was the first more civilized town he encountered, after all that time in the north...
    I made this just to have an (I hope) coherent narrative continuation to the previous table, hope i succeded in this, cause you know it is difficult with a "given" engine who's animations you can not control.
    press f11 and appointment to next table 18.

ITERMEZZO

a deserved welcome...

it was so much time...

you can help if you want...

friends can be embarrassing sometime, they know too much, you know...

but with a bit of optimism you can obtain whatever you want...

could be just a matter of tone...

well, we dont know...but go now, old friends are waiting for our arrival...

TBC

hope enjoyed

This is the copy of the post of table 18
    ok here's a new table, it's so cold here people, and this computer seems even more cold, and even the waste land here, hope still like it, as usually a warmy (lol) arzarakarawak to all you, and here we go.
    i used a pair of pics from a replayed battle of the previous save, cause i took too few sshots this time, sorry.
    remember to press f11 on you keyboard, and drag the scroll bar all to the right on your browser, cause i used some 950 lenght pics, but they should fit if you drag the scroll bars.

TAVOLA XVIII

That corpse you planted last year in your garden,
    has it begun to sprout? Will it bloom this year?
    Or has the sudden frost disturbed its bed?
    Oh keep the Dog far hence, that's friend of men,
    Or with his nails he'll dig it up again!
    You! hypocrite lecteur! -mon semblable, -mon frère!

T.S. Eliot - The Waste Land

so well, we expanded to the East, we failed to destroy the bactrians, at last untill now, our great Akemenes' expedition clashed against some maior bactrian forces that have run to help their remaining provinces, YuèZhe are still alive and strong, and eager to spread in the western lands, only the Seleucids seem weakened a bit, their armies are not that strong and not that massive anymore, for now at last...

we still need to turn back in our core provinces and retrain our lead-army... this long campaigning generals are getting older... an army was raised in the north, they will be sent to face that YuèZhe in the East, an other force was raised in our South-West domains, to try to take back that Hircanian province...
    here's a last battle for that Akemenes' army...? They just want to turn back and have some rest in a warm place...

and here what's happened...

it could be said that a never-end bloody affair like that, is taking them to a point where a form of free-violence is taking the place of their last shreds of humanism...

there's some taste in all this... shameless we will pursue that, until the end...

others, are still there to save the memory of a fading ideal

ah! here's who deserves his portrait, the death make you noble...

the end of the world! AHEAD!

The far borders of this territories... the last frontier, no more return? could we be redeemed?

later pheraphs, now let's enjoy this strange histerical euphoria...

but carefull, there could be not another chance in the future...

or it could be just a joke, we never deserved that chance...

lets have a look to the stats...

are you then so sad now? ah! it was funny at the start you could say...

the South-West borders

just to test some fresh trained troops...

and the world...

well, that was enough for now... if we can get back to the town of Bactra and reform our army a nice surprise will attend those seleucids, Akemenes is still alive and he can fight some more battle we hope... (sorry no rhyme this time, strange weather...)

TBC

hope enjoyed

Hellpuppy unleashed Member Subedei's Avatar

Best wishes Obelics...I´ll sure as hell wait for up and coming adventures in the Wasteland...
    “Some may never live, but the crazy never die” (Hunter S. Thompson)

Good luck with your life issues Obelics, may they turn out for the best.

PS: Oh yes. Whenever the next installment of the Wasteland comes out, it should be a double-issue...
    EB.

Smile Re: AAR - The Waste Land - A EB Parthian Story

Hi Obelics;
    Thank you for your kind words and wish you good luck.
    The Imageshack has been blocked for a month I think ,so I had the chance to read your outstanding AARs except the last one.I think they are more than just some simple AARs ,They are some artistic writings OR comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Obelics
    im sorry for Kambitz for the IShack problem, but it is too hard to re-upload all the pics on another IHoster.
    I meant to use another image hosting for your future works if possible.
    I (And I'm sure others) always enjoy reading your AARs.

With the best wishes
    -Kambiz

Forgotten Empire

Good Luck Obelics! I will truly miss reading this!

EDIT: Good news guys! The RTR forums are up! We can move back there and spread the word of this AAR!
    http://forums.totalrealism.net
    Last edited by CountArach; 09-26-2006 at 09:18.

ach! my bad english has betrayed me another time... nothing serious... it's not life-iussue, iussue this word i think means somethink like serious-problems? it's just usual real-life matters that give me very few time this period to play and to stay at the computer... why dont i check my vocabulary more often...
    anyway thanks for the good wishes and im going to update this 2 new table posted here also to the old forums.

[EDIT: here's the table 19+a little interlude+20]
    This is the copy of the post of table 19

ok, thanks people, so much praises this time... im really starting to "fear" the next one, what a coward... hopeless i did a new one...
    for the "purists" sorry cause there is an error inside, Otanes talking of buddism about a seleucid captian, i thought he was bacrtian... and i retrained a pair of madasabara units before to built a pahlav-shahrdaran, my fault, it can happen, anyway i have disbanded them all after that small battle, their upkeep is too hight for this medium persian-cavalry (about 570 if i well remember), and i think i can protect that huge town of Zadrakat even with only archers and pahlav shivatir (naturally not in the open fields, but just behind the huge walls).
    as usually a warmy arzarakarawak to all you, remember every single nickname and i can bet i understood somethink of you (not bad dont worry!) and here we go, remember to press f11 on the keyoard, and there is an updated table of contents in the first post.

TAVOLA XIX

"...and my heart
    Under my feet. After the event
    He wept. He promised 'a new start'.
    I made no comment. What should I resent?"

and here's what happened in the last months... Teleas was dead, and this we all know. Akemenes reformed part of his army in Bactra and then moved in the South to took the ancient province of Aria, a needed acquisition... It was an easy job, not too much seleucids there around, and the small garrison was not a problem, we are starting to think we could have cut some of their reinforcement routes... they seem still strong from the West, while feebles from the South-East territories... we think that if only their alliance with bactria didn't exist, their eastern lands would have been conquered by their friends with a so minimal effort...
    but lets see here...

these generals become part of Akemenes' family thanks marriages, he was unlucky, no sons, all daughters, but they can consider themselves as son anyway...
    and now a look to that fresh conquered province of Alexandreia-Ariana, a man is coming for a visit...

a so warmy welcome... there was said there could be even a party... with those nice colorful long banners, trumpets and all the outfits that could be needed...

just an experiment it could be sayd, the seleucid pezetaroi was our real pain, we already fought a lot of them under the walls of our towns, but we barely could face them with some success in the open field, could be a test for next expansion campaign, we are going to disband these horsemen raised from the old persian folks after this battle, cant allow to maintain this force, they will soon go to enlarge that big unrest movement spreading around in our towns...

Sosimenes first public battle, a Suren Clan member, who linked his blood to the Askhani clan thanks the marriage with an Akemenes'daughter...

so ordered, so effective, even that akemenes'azats couldn't do that well...

they are old, their blood weakened... it's the eternal fashination of the decadence, a day it will come our turn we know... today is theirs we hope...

the death make you beautifull, that's a well fitted sentence we can say...

and so the end...

and here's the results as well...

now turn back to the town, you were chosen as a governor, not as a fighter...

a warm and joyfull welcome we were saying...

souvenirs! from a pleasure journey...

ADDENDUM: just a "bird-eye" view to some of the last provinces passed to our Cause, there's also this recent province of Aria you can see, a name there to remember some of our ancient roots, it did not deserve to stand too much time under the Seleucid banner, but we had to leave as soon as we conquered it, those Yuèzhe warbands are spreading around, and even if some towns can face them with their own garrisons, it is better to move our main army there, while that Alexandreia-Ariana province, seems enough calm to allow us to move away for now...
    Akemenes and his band, now enlarged by the precious (?) Kuna arrival, had to move toward Bactria, YuèZhe seems to be raising some effective armies... will we be able to stop them definitively a day? Well, not for sure now, our empire has grown big, but our economy is still feeble, cause our towns has not all that structures that allow them to develope a strong economy... it seems that we are better to conquer lands than to keep them... and now that the empire has reached a point of self managing economy, we cant just force the architects and the engineers of our kingdom to build "free" new structures under the pain of death... they want to be paid those fools!

some of our beloved familiars:

time to go to bed...

some objectives can be difficult to focous in a distant vision...

well, what other to say... ah yes, as usually the world is vast, the wand is lost... ops ehm, the land is waste,
    a cold wind born from the eastern hights is sweeping our grounds here around...
    lets have a rest now here, while the soil is furrowed by the enemy foot-steps there outside from the winter passes.
    (and yes this time you have to enjoy one of my unforgettable rhymes...)

TBC

hope enjoied

This is the copy of the post of a little interlude
    well thanks friends, i know 0.81 will not be save-game compatible, so i will wait for it to continue on the new build.
    I've tryed a bit on the 0.8 but i didn't go too much far (to be sincere i was slained :D ... cause i tryied to play just with the new uber bodyguards... without training any army on the field)
    Anyway as far as 0.81 will be out, i will try to make a continuation on it.

The fact is that im continuing to play this campaign on 0.74 (while im trying a funny campaign on 0.8 with an other faction)

So i know someone will be deluded, but expect some new update still on 0.74 (and it is a nice way to see the yueZhe for the last time...) and as i sayd when there will be the patch, i will continue on it.

So the next update will be a 0.74 update

but... here a preview of how could look the Waste Land on the 0.8X EB build

ok, Cyruz still can go i guess, but Kuna... <_< i will try to have back the old kuna skin when the new patch will arrive... :D
    anyway that is just a preview, next table will be 0.74 "In to the Waste Land" (the two only parthian army, will enter in the wasteland inner-core trying to end forever that nasty brigands from the eastern countries...)
    but dont expect someting too good.

thanks and arzarakarawak!

Artaserse

This is the copy of the post of table 20
    thanks people, suggestions always took in good consideration (ah! im sorry i cant be too much active in this period)... anyway even for a new aar, i should have to wait until the patch cause 0.80 and 0.81 are not compatible... but i have not the time to start a completely new aar for now, i think i can continue it until still enjoing to make such thinks... here's an update on the yuezhe side (a small one), a bit made in a hurry, cause i wanted to make it before tomorrow and before the patch. So still 0.74, and then we will see.
    I made two different pre-battle cut-scenes, but i was undecided what to choose, so i added both of them (you can notice that akemens seems to talk from two different place... sorry)
    Anyway as usually a warmy arzarakarawak to all people read/like/dislike this, press F11 on the keyboard and i updated the table of contents on the first page of this thread, and here we are:

TAVOLA XX

What is that sound high in the air
    Murmur of maternal lamentation
    Who are those hooded hordes swarming
    Over endless plains, stumbling in cracked earth
    Ringed by that flat horizon only

so, two armies were sent to stop the border raids of the YueZhe Eastern Nomads...

a warrior raised this few Dahae and YanCai knights in his existential journey through a North of Wildness and Empitiness... a Grand-Tour ante-litteram!

and there's no place so sweet for the brigands of everywhere... it seems they care for our existence, since the parthians never succeded to diminish their spawning bands... pheraphs we never just tried... they know, rogues from everywhere, they will live long and prosper under the griphoned standard...

but here! the southern arm of our two-way enclosing manoeuvre, suddendly encountered some resistence...

and the inevitable battle... (we were just able to retrain our foot-archers units in Alexandreia-Eschate before to start this, we hope fruitful, expedition...)

it was sayd there was no need for that, we could have waited furthermore, and they... suddendly disappeared.

down the hills...

nobles are the first to dye... like in a time forgotten in the past...could it be these nomads still preserve somewhere the true reminiscence of an age of gold that is gone forever?

if he will survive, this young Miyika, too few traces of his youth will be left on his gentle face...

time to call some cavalry to stop those spearmen...

the end of the day?

go ahead and you have obtained you freedom...

and here the results:

the expedition was half a success so far, the northern arm of our incredible two-way military plan (pure avant-guard) got lost in the nowhere...

we have just to proceed furthermore...no way back, the more time spent out of the borders, the more our troops will suffer in moral... and still cant figure out where to search for those towns...

as usually the land is waste, lost is the path... but following them could be we will arrive to find a direct way to their villages hidden among the high muntains of this unknown landscape so cold so vast...

TBC

hope enjoied

ah! shin already sayd that, anyway good end and good start of year!

EDIT added the last pic that i forgot before.

ach! my bad english has betrayed me another time... nothing serious... it's not life-iussue, iussue this word i think means somethink like serious-problems? it's just usual real-life matters that give me very few time this period to play and to stay at the computer... why dont i check my vocabulary more often...
    anyway thanks for the good wishes and im going to update this 2 new table posted here also to the old forums.
    Phew that is good to hear. It did sound serious.

Alrighty!!!!

Any news????

I miss Wasteland action a lot

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast