Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: AAR - The Waste Land - A EB Parthian Story

Default Re: AAR - The Waste Land - A EB Parthian Story

Artas is posting updates back over on the RTR forum at http://forums.totalrealism.net/index...c=17002&st=320

only a couple thus far but still witty and interesting...oh and Kuna is back

A little mini-update on the Waste Land over at the RTR forums:
    http://forums.totalrealism.net/index...0&#entry314303

He's still got it. Can't wait to see some 0.81 stuff.

Why he doesn't continue on this forum anymore?

Forgotten Empire

Member thankful for this post:

Quote Originally Posted by kambiz
    Why he doesn't continue on this forum anymore?
    He waits until 0.81 is released, since this patch isn't savegamecompatible.

Poll Smoker Senior Member CountArach's Avatar

Also he has a life outside of forums. He started on RTR forums, so I assume he will finish there. There are also more readers at RTR Forums.
    Rest in Peace TosaInu, the Org will be your legacy
    Quote Originally Posted by Leon Blum - For All Mankind
    Nothing established by violence and maintained by force, nothing that degrades humanity and is based on contempt for human personality, can endure.

aka Artaserse (the Lone Borg) Member Obelics's Avatar

the only real reason is this:

- I started it there (rtr, and there were even other EB aars, like a Demetrios/Omorphos Swebotz one)
    - than the forums went down
    - then i continued it here for a while
    - than the forums come back
    - than i naturally decide to continue it there, cause there were all the chapters from the first on.
    - but i decided to continue it here too...
    - so i sayd: ok i update it there (rtr) and then copy & paste on the .org
    - I forget to copy it here, and i made a second update, and a third one on the rtr forum.
    - But now i was embarrassed to copy 2 or 3 updates here, cause it seemed like a second-hand think.

Ok i think i've found a solution: as soon as i have ended the waste land, if i want to start a new aar, i will start it here and continue it here. So no more embarasse.

so at the end i make my exscuses to Kambitz , and i say dont even try to think i was snobbing this forum. I was simply so overhelmed by the support, even from some great EB man like teleklos (thanks dave) that i didn't know how to resolve the conflict between a full thread with all the 26/27chapters (rtr) and a thread full of friendly support but with only 4-5 chapters...

so as i sayd after i will end that waste land, if i will start a new one, it will be here (its natural place).

salut and i take the occasion to say how it is great to have seen all this support and how it is honouring, especially cause it sound so sincere, thanks & vivat EB.

EDIT: reply the post below:
    yeh, you're right thaatu, you know it depends on the days...
    reading this post today it seems to me a bit like a psycho-drama...
    had to edit it...

EDIT2: reply 2 post below:
    @Kambtz, here your link: http://forums.totalrealism.net/index...0&#entry320928
    salut friend!

[This is the copy of the post of table 21 and 22 (the last one i completed sic...)]
    [copy of table 21]

ok, this aar is reaching a point where it's becoming to be auto-referential. So dont be surprised if you see some of the guys quoting themselves.
    As usually thanks to every one (hope it's not that arcade game that get you away, count... :lol: ) and a warmy arzarakarawak from this place so cold.
    And here's a new table, hope you like as the previous ones.
    Pheraphs the picture are a bit too large on the vertical, so it could be hard to load... I could have split, but i didn't know where to split it, and i thought to give an end to the East borders of our kingdom. Damn there aren't some pre-battle/in-battle scenes as i like, so a more traditional update this time. And i would have added some map, but you can see the eastern borders from the little maps on the pics.
    As usually remember to press F11 on the Keyboard (for the vertical screen-shots) and there is an update table of contents on the first page.

TAVOLA XXI

Stone, bronze, stone, steel, stone, oakleaves, horses' heels
    Over the paving.
    And the flags. And the trumpets. And so many eagles.
    How many? Count them. And such a press of people.
    We hardly knew ourselves that day, or knew the City.
    ...and we so many crowding the way.
    So many waiting, how many waiting? what did it matter on such a day?
    Are they coming? No, not yet. You can see some eagles. And hear the trumpets.

T.S. Eliot - The Waste Land

So this was the expedition... those YueZhi are used to live as steppards like us... but here's a difference, they, still nomads, while Pahlavans claim for themselves that ancient heritage of the Akemenids... we will rebuild the temples, restore the Great Royal Road, the exchanges with the Silk merchants... and God, Mithra that Arcangel and Anahit the virgin, this holy trinity, will bless the lands under our domain... it's in our mind to build so magnificent monuments so wide, that they will compete with the great Terrasse of Persepolis, or just with what it's left of it... if we will be able to take back that town a day...

while from our kingdom: an emissary has come for negotiation, what can be called a surviving satrapy, at the end of their Decadence, a pale mirror of the past!

Ah! They found some reinforcements at last...

Lets see the battle begin...

some lonely heroes...

and here's the results

well, you know, there are so many places we dont know, so much thinks...but here!

The siege to the migthy towns! ok just a village, but we need supplies!

let's see here...

raise the spears, hold the shields... yes, we pahlavans, are the masters of the horse-mounted warfare, we have the supremacy over the wind, and the wind will lead our arrows... but you can see here, how it can be usefull sometime, to have a pair of spearmen units at our side... we will take what is good of a conquered enemy, and make it of our own...

and you already know, that General, that young one that Otanes seems to like so much... well it seems he's got his way to end his days on this grounds.

ah well, there's an Hell for everyone... as it is sayd, and Ah! Theo, you've just found your own in this life... as everyone of us can do... no way to keep your soul too pure, so clear!
    But Miyika!... the death make your sweet face a bit less haughty... someway pale...

Calm! Otanes... that's too early...

now it's the moment, come on! the town is waiting us... some beautifull marriages will be prepared upon the corpses of our enemies!

Some guys this time didn't got their turn on the stage... at last not so much, but there will come some days they will have their main part again, it was more a matter of infantry, and well, of arrows...
    and here's the results as well:

and someone that finally have found his path!

Ah well, it seems enough for now... as usually the world is vast, too far the path to find your way... we can turn back home and leave there forever that Cincixri, who could have finally found a place were to stay...

TBC

hope enjoyed

[This is the copy of the post of table 22]
    ah, thanks salvor, and you too are put in the list of the last moicans :D , anyway here's the small update i sayd. Hope it still can go, as usually thanks to everyone who is following this, and there's an updated table of contents in the first post of this thread, im not sure of the title of this table anyway, i could change it, and i renamed the previous one too, and press F11 for a better view, and here we go (and and and, i love the parataxis period coordination... :P )
    (ah, and look that pic i used as front-pic, they bring the pikes exactly like in the mod! ok that was surpraising for me cause i was still a bit doubious on the 2 handed cavalry pikemen, i wasn't able to figure how it could be handfull, but now im so pleased!)
    ok ok no more words and here we go:

TAVOLA XXII

Now they go up the temple. Then the sacrifice.
    Now come the virgins bearing urns, urns containing
    Dust
    Dust
    Dust of dust, and now
    Stone, bronze, stone, steel, stone, oakleaves, horses'heels
    Over the paving.

T.S. Eliot - The Waste Land

Here's continue the Expedition, or not? we are not so sure... some men are tired, and the moral is starting to lowering...

and an inevitable fight that force our army to proceed... the other choice was to free the path toward home, against that army of brigands...

briefing:

The Courage is our way of life!

and here's the battlefield in a dusty morning...

what a general!

And here's the results stats:

Note by Artaserse: You can imagine the men left in a hero unit, like his HitPoints, so we have 22 HP left for Kuna, 69 for Aristocrat III (SHin), 33 for Gaston, 44 for Sacripans etc.
    But now that we conquered a further province (WuSun YabGu), we can give a look to the Overall Scroll:

lets do a very semplified analisys on that ranking tab, doing a comparison with the previous faction-overview Tab (229 B.C. you can see it in Table 13-C page 13)
    we can see:
    1) regarding Overall Ranking and Military Ranking there's nothink new on the world front, we are still out of the top 5 ranking
    2) regarding Production Ranking and Territorial Ranking, in 229 B.C. we were already in the top 5, but the real news here is that we gained some positions! In 229 B.C we were number 5 in the Producion and 4 in the territorial ranking, while here in the 218 B.C. we are at the 3th position in the Producion! (while still 4th in the territorial ranking...sic)
    3) and we are just a new entry in the Population Ranking! currently number 5, but we count to make it better!
    Anyway our old General here, decided to continue the campaign... just after have had some rest there around that silver mine...
    there is a road leading somewhere further to East...

but look at Otanes, he discovered somethink:

ah, the more time spent in this north-eastern lands, the more our main army get thinner... it could be that to proceed further, was not the wisest decision... two provinces left on the yueZhe side, could mean more and more armies to defeat, and we cannot retrain our own one.

TBC

hope enjoied

[and this is a screenshot of table 23 that i never finished... ]

Obelics, you think too much.

Hi;
    Dear Obelics ,No need to apology mate ,I just admire your great works and really enjoy reading them ,and they are particularly interesting to me because they are about "Ashkanians" (Parthians) which I am somehow their descendant so it's so bad we miss your them here. Is it possible to post the address of each update so we can read them whenever you have updated them?

Anyway ,I wish you good luck my friend
    -Kambiz
    Last edited by kambiz; 01-07-2007 at 21:58.

Forgotten Empire

Poll Smoker Senior Member CountArach's Avatar

He's updated again! Now up to table 22!

http://forums.totalrealism.net/index...dpost&p=324527
    Rest in Peace TosaInu, the Org will be your legacy
    Quote Originally Posted by Leon Blum - For All Mankind
    Nothing established by violence and maintained by force, nothing that degrades humanity and is based on contempt for human personality, can endure.

I can't read it any more as our bloody IT department have blocked 'personal' pages...come to think of it I can't see any previews on here at all

I'm going to a dark room to cry

Hellpuppy unleashed Member Subedei's Avatar

jJust found the 2 tables above....great job again Obelics.
    ME READY FOR MORE ACTION in the WASTELAND!!!!!
    “Some may never live, but the crazy never die” (Hunter S. Thompson)

I wish all of this could be saved for posterity. The images will slowly start to fade away I guess though.

Post Re: AAR - The Waste Land - A EB Parthian Story

Well, I've finished reading this AAR-comic, and I'm speechless. What a huge work, super-funny!
    Sorry for necro-posting
    Last edited by PowerWizard; 08-08-2008 at 16:17.
    Life is full of surprises and you never know what you're going to get until you get it; always expect the unexpected.

aka Artaserse (the Lone Borg) Member Obelics's Avatar

well thanks for the kind word...

anyway it's not necro-posting, it's just bumping the thread, cause i reserve for me the chance to continue it when i feel.

EB:NOM Triumvir Member gamegeek2's Avatar

The links aren't working!
    Europa Barbarorum: Novus Ordo Mundi - Mod Leader Europa Barbarorum - Team Member

Quote Originally Posted by skullheadhq
    Run Hax! For slave master gamegeek has arrived
    "To robbery, slaughter, plunder, they give the lying name of empire; they make a desert and call it peace." -Calgacus

Russia/Europe in the summer, Florida rest of the time

Well, this in an old AAR, so the Internet has changed since then. Nothing unexpected.

Not your friend Member General Appo's Avatar
    As far away from you as possible. Scuzzbucket.

An very old AAR. But I just to love this badboy. Seriously, if take in the early stuff that don´t appear here (and maybe not anywhere else either anymore) this is the best AAR of all time (sorry MAA).
    The Appomination

I don't come here a lot any more. You know why? Because you suck. That's right, I'm talking to you. Your annoying attitude, bad grammar, illogical arguments, false beliefs and pathetic attempts at humour have driven me and many other nice people from this forum. You should feel ashamed. Report here at once to recieve your punishment. Scumbag.

Tied with MAA's. After Of Mail and Men, I might make a laugh out of the Aedui. Might do too well on that campaign too early, though.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    When Aysni gets old, I'm following Azes, who is actually the biological son of Aysni and Tavrak.
    Europa Barbarorum: Novus Ordo Mundi - Mod Leader Europa Barbarorum - Team Member

"To robbery, slaughter, plunder, they give the lying name of empire; they make a desert and call it peace." -Calgacus

Nah, I have to give this the prize. MAA´s is legendary epic, but this ones makes me laugh every chapter. A good laugh lengthens your life. I´ve yet to hear that a epic read does the same.
    The Appomination

I don't come here a lot any more. You know why? Because you suck. That's right, I'm talking to you. Your annoying attitude, bad grammar, illogical arguments, false beliefs and pathetic attempts at humour have driven me and many other nice people from this forum. You should feel ashamed. Report here at once to recieve your punishment. Scumbag.

EB TRIBVNVS PLEBIS Member MarcusAureliusAntoninus's Avatar

Personally, I'd vote this the best EB AAR of all time, too.
    Too bad it can't be found intact all in one place...

I don´t know if the first chapters survive anywhere. Didn´t they get lost in one of the big TWC crashes ages ago?
    I can barely remember what happened in the AAR back then, when I was still a shy lurker.
    The Appomination

with MAA's vote, I must concede

Reading this AAR again brings back memories, good memories of an more ancient and more simple EB.
    I hope he writes another awesome AAR because he rocks and he has the best Eb AAR ever
    "I should like to see any power of the world destroy this race, this small tribe of unimportant people, whose history is ended, whose wars have been fought and lost, whose structures have crumbled, whose literature is unread, whose prayers are no longer answered.... For when two of them meet anywhere in the world, see if they will not create a new Armenia!

William Saroyan, 1935.

High kings of the Mountains: A Hayasdan AAR

A true legend, one that is infrequently mentioned, but even more respected than MAA's.

Please Obelics, start one for 1.1 - If you have the time, that is. (Sorry other Parthian AAR dude if he puts you out of business)

He did have a Romani AAR up not that long ago. Must at least have been 1.0.
    The Appomination

Peerless Senior Member johnhughthom's Avatar

My Parthian AAR seems so lame after reading this.

All AAR´s does. But the only way to change that is to keep writing and keep trying.
    The Appomination

Someone sticky this.

If this world had any sense of justice in it, the mods would indeed sticky this. But I guess they won´t.
    The Appomination

Incorruptible Forest Manager Member Tristuskhan's Avatar

And since it's not stickied, it's our duty to keep it on the first AAR pages for education of newcomers.
    "Les Cons ça ose tout, c'est même à ça qu'on les reconnait"

Kentoc'h Mervel Eget Bezañ Saotret - Death feels better than stain, motto of the Breton People. Emgann!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast