Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Almoravides faction

Default Re : Re: Almoravides faction

no i'm desagree,with you historicly and illogical i guest that you have seen an osprey publishing of "the armies of caliphates",the unit seem like an acient egyptiens(pharaoh).i'm sorry i don't like it.

historicly is wrong,and if we yhink logicly,if an arab tribesman was like that a chikken in the macrowave,it's too hot in midel east(egypt,palestine,jordan,iraq).
    i think that the pictur "http://flyhi.de/images/cry_havoc/ch_croisade.jpg" will provide to you a good example of arab units,the osprey publi is good but they made some mistake like that

Default Re: Almoravides faction

Ah okay. welll that was in the picture i used. I thought same, that was a bit naked for an arab, but i just copied it :)

No problem, critics always welcome.

LEVEL1:
    Rumat al-soudan(archer,bow)
    Berber cavalry(cavalry,javelin,sabre)
    Arab light cavalry(light missile cavalry,arab bow,curved sword)
    6-berber infantry:(light berber infantry,javelin, spear,)
    LEVEL2:
    Andalucians Auxilaries(light infantry,spear, sword,round shield,You can use as levies.)
    al moravide camel raiders:bonus againt horses,can rout heavy cavalry,they will probably the most powerfull camel in the

game.armed with spear and oval shield.
    andalucians cavalry(medium cavalry, spear, curved sword, mail coat,round shield,expensive)
    LEVEL3:
    the lamtuna(heavy spearmen,spear, sword,round,excellent,expensive.Can make shield wall)Religious boost morale when combat

christian or pagan
    al moravide warrior(swordmen infantry,sword,Religious boost morale when combat christian or pagan)
    al moravide horsmen(medium cavalry,spear, curved sword,round shield,expensive)Religious boost morale when combat christian or

pagan
    al moravide spearmen(heavy spearmen,spear, sword,quite expensive)Religious boost morale when combat christian or pagan
    LEVEL4:
    the black guard(heavy cavalry (royal bodyguard),spear, curved sword,mail coat)

Muslim urban militia

I can make a version with face covered, for almoravides, i guess.

Almazor, can you assign to those list some beduin i did already? and tell what must be changed and what can be kept?

So i know which ones need to be done and worked over.

tuareg model:

if you change camel to horse ,and you add a round shield +a long spear,for armor chain mail,it would be great.
    we can call them al moravide horseman.
    black bedouin

you add a round shield +a long spear.i like this one,for shiel you can create a simple round shield.
    we can call them almoravides camels raiders can rout heavy cavalry

change the camel to horse,this unit is a good light cavalry.
    i don't have any suggestion about this

balck guards: change this unit some thig is wrong i don' like it,black guards must be heavly armorred: mail coat,and it was the most powerfull almoravides unit like varanguian guard of the byzatines,you can take for example sebyan al rikab,or abtal askar,or somethig else or other cavalry and change the color to black,and change the aspect to saharians unit.

this unit is good but try change the helmet or change the yellow to black,white or blue
    call them al moravide spearmen

it's nice but not for almoravides,take them to andalucians.

we have 2 choice:-take this unit to fatimids(soudanese spearmen).
    -call them lamtuna (hide there face,and they must have some kind of armors).

they are to bright,change the spear to javelin,but you can add this to a berber cavalry unit.
    berber cavalry

for fatimide i think,light cavalry
    arab cavalry raider

al moravide warrior it's ok this unit is quite good if you change the shield it would be great

Muslim urban militia

for fatimid i guess that you are influenced by osprey publishing,and take a look for other units of ghaznavide or abbasside
    this unit is good

arab tribesman

i don't like it

nice but change the shield

add round shield,and long spear make this unit as medium cavalry,i think we can have 2 choice:
    1-arab cavalry for fatimids
    2-andalucian cavalry

Another fatimides horseman

i will try to do as yo usuggest with pic above, one at time :)

Well, of course am suggested by osprey, i have jsut that pictures :)

i read something in history book,that the banner and flags of the umayyade(al andalus) were white, and the abbasside were black(first the ummayade called abbasside "al mousawida"=in arabic personwhoi wear a black clothes),and fatimide green.i mention that because i want all unit of each caliphat.it's only to integrate some of this colors in your skins.
    thank for all man
    and this is the beta unit list of the fatimid
    1-infantry:
    Nubian Infantry:spearman
    sarracen infantry:heavy infantry
    arab warriors : swordman
    caliph's guard or abyssinians guards:i dont know two possibilities heavy spearman or heavy axe man
    muslim urban militia(already done)

2-cavalry:

beduin cavalry :light cavalry (long spear,round shield)
    maghariba cavalry:medium cavalry(long spear,round shield,chain mail)
    Arab noble cavalry:heavy cavalry
    sudanese cavalry:maybe it will skirmish or light cavalry
    beduin camel raider not good as almoravides camel raider

3-archers
    saracen archers
    Nubian archers
    Nizaris
    Sudanese Javlinmen

pictur of round shield you could use it in skinning units

and some islamique banner and shield:
    http://www.littlebigmenstudios.co.uk...LAMBANNERS.jpg
    http://www.littlebigmenstudios.co.uk...LAMIC(PM)B.jpg
    Last edited by almazor; 03-28-2006 at 18:11.

Al moravide horseman

It carry long spear, a sword as secondary weapon, shield round, and i added a chainmail over the top part of torso.

nice,but i don't like the shield can you replace it with:

Here it goes.

Let say this unit is done :)

ok we can say that and if you want you can use this shield for the almoravides or andalucians.
    i posted a beta unit list of fatimide i need some critics to develop this unit list but i prefere finishing the al moravides and al andalus after that we can pass to fatimid and later abassides.legio and edyzmedieval do you agree with me?

Well, being me only making units, can just go on and finish first the almoravides.

Tomorrow i try to finish off anotehr unit, and put in the done unit basket...

At the end of this, i will be the modelers with mroe arab unit at his active :)

i think that we must do a new thread unit progress list?

Thread killer Member Rodion Romanovich's Avatar

Default Re: Re : Re: Almoravides faction

yes, that would be useful
    Under construction...

"In countries like Iran, Saudi Arabia and Norway, there is no separation of church and state." - HoreTore

Default Re : Re: Re : Re: Almoravides faction

i create a new thread progress unit list.and if the unit look good i place "X" after the name of unit.
    for this Rumat al-sinniya can we vaildate this unit palissa?
    Last edited by almazor; 03-29-2006 at 12:14.

Another arab cavalryman

For the rumat, if is okay for you, is okay for me :) if need some change tell me and i will do.
    I noticed a small error in face, that black line, i already fixed it.

Ah, almazor, remember, that any unit can be mounted or dismounted, on camel or horse, maybe you know already.

So if i put on horse, dont worry, can also go on foot.

If want a drummer, remember, that he will not use drums, can only take around as an object, we dont have any animation to make him use drums.

Here is the second unit, the black beduin, mounted on camel, with a very long spear, a knife as secondary weapon, and a small rounded shield.

Of course if have better image for such a shield, i can change it.

I prefer make each unit with different shield, but is up to coordinator the choice.
    Last edited by palissa; 03-29-2006 at 18:15.

ok i understand,for the rumat if you fixe that error it's ok.for the arab cavalry man can you chage the colors of the shield to another color like green or chage the shield,and olso his head the 3amama i don't like it,for this unit i don't were we can put it in andalus , abassides or fatimide.
    i prefer that you finish the almoravides-andalus units after that we move to the fatimides.
    for drumer i will search some thing,do you have the book of osprey publishing
    "moorish or armies of islam in the west" in periode of the almoravides i think that they exist an animation almoravides drumer.
    i add rumat al siniya to almoravides unit list,i think the number of skirmish is too low,we need an almoravide javelineman do you agree with me?
    Last edited by almazor; 03-29-2006 at 18:14.

Yeah need mroe javelin stuff.
    On horse or on feet?

on foot ,we will call it almoravide javelineman? for cavalry we have berber cavalry we don't have javelinemlan for the almoravides.
    this is a pictur of shield!

if you look the mod of crusader you will find the unit abtal askar, heavy cavalry you can take this model of unit to develop the arab noble cavalry or the black guard.do you agree with me?
    i think it will be a good model,for the camel unit it's ok.
    Last edited by almazor; 03-29-2006 at 22:27.

The black guard in crusaders is like one i already did.
    I think we can change it, adding a mail, or a lamellar armor, or yo uthink we must redesign it totally?

That shield we already used, i think, is the one on first beduin.

I have some shields with inscription in arab language, but i dont know what it mean, and dont want risk to be offensive or what else, seeing the times around...

ok,i'm waiting to see this unit if black guards

Here the javelinman

it's ok i like this unit,for the lamtuna heavy in want something like that(not the same thing)with large shield(like Medieval total war),long spear you can heavely armour.now we validate almoravide javeline man.what 's the next unit you want to do?
    i ask the learder of this mod if the unit list of abassides is done?if not i can make some historical research to set up a unit list for them?i think that unit list will be the same as the fatimide(for arab and bedouin unit)but the difference between the two faction,is that abbasside have the khorassanian guards and turks and the fatimides have the maghariba or the abyssinian and some other unit for booth.
    Last edited by almazor; 03-30-2006 at 20:12.

We stick on blue-white black colors?

For almoravides, i mean.

yes this 's a good thing.

A version of black guard with lamellar and a new shield

And with chain mail

tell me what think better.
    (I like more lamellar, but is personal taste)

nice unit,for me the lamellar is god,the shield didn't apear clairly,and black guard is cavalry unit,please you add long spear and the horse.if you do this we pass to the lamtuna.can you use some shamshir swords? if you change the sword it will be greate,i want to see this unit with shamshir
    Last edited by almazor; 03-30-2006 at 21:43.

Shamshir? tell me where are a good picture of it, saw so many word pics, i got lost.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast