Thread: Cwc Stw

Default Cwc Stw

Tomi,

Are you definitely moving the CWC Shogun Contest to STWmod for MTW/VI? If so, you'll probably pick up some new contestants, but also loose some of the old contestants. Keep in mind that the maps in MTW/VI have a 3 tile red zone which cannot be entered while the maps in STW have a 2 tile red zone which can be entered. That takes away a substantial part of the playable area of a small map. If you did move to large maps, you cold go back to a 4v4 contest if there's enough interest. I have played 4v4 STWmod on large maps, and I don't think fatigue is too much of a problem.

_________Designed to match Original STW gameplay.

Beta 8 + Beta 8.1 patch + New Maps + Sound add-on + Castles 2

Senior Member Senior Member Tomisama's Avatar

Default Re: Cwc Stw

It has definitely been moved, and will not be moved back.

If the Contest fails, it fails.

I have been here before in similar circumstances, and am absolutely certain of what the outcome would be if we were to switch back. Some times you just have to accept your losses and push ahead. And I believe that this is one of those times.

We will see what happens this weekend, if any Clan Emissaries post accepting the new Rules, or not . But in any case, we will not be going back. If the current Contestants do not take up the STW mod banner, then we will move on and start up a new Competition for those who do want to play it.

A grand salute to R’as for trying to save Shogun. I really admire his spirit and would have told him so, but can’t encourage him because I already know what the results will be. It’s a shame we have to go through all of the stuff, when all we want to do is play a game.

P.S. Will have to look at the map possibility of larger maps and 4v4 format. But as the Contest stands now, we are at 3v3 on the same maps we used for the Samurai comp.
    HONOUR IS VICTORY - GO WITH HONOUR - KEEP THE CODE

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198003816474

Clan Takiyama Senior Member R'as al Ghul's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tomi says
    A grand salute to R’as for trying to save Shogun. I really admire his spirit and would have told him so, but can’t encourage him because I already know what the results will be. It’s a shame we have to go through all of the stuff, when all we want to do is play a game.

Thanks for the kind words Tomisama, even if they weren't directly addressed at me. I'm old enough to know what to expect, so there's no problem at all if my server isn't used. I will just turn it off again after a while. But I'll keep it open as a possibility for the next days/ weeks. I want to see how this evolves.

Concerning your CWC, if you move to VI, I'd have this frontend update, which I did for the Samurai mod. It's some eye-candy, nothing more. It was intended to be included in the next version, but right now barocca isn't responding and I don't know if there'll ever be a new beta.
    If you or anybody else is interested in the files I can upload them.
    I just thought it'd make a nice addition to the online flair.

More screenies: https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=48442
    It would take a few hours for me (to get home and upload).
    I don't expect any compatibility problems if it's not downloaded by everyone who joins the CWC.

Singleplayer: Download beta_8
    Multiplayer: Download beta_5.All.in.1
    I'll build a mountain of corpses - Ogami Itto, Lone Wolf & Cub
    Sometimes standing up for your friends means killing a whole lot of people - Sin City, by Frank Miller

Senior Member Senior Member Tomisama's Avatar

(Knew you’d see it R’as )

Looking Great!

I myself would like very much to have those frontend pages, and I am sure there are others. I have a separate copy of VI dedicated the STW mod, that is ready and waiting for the final touches.

Thanks
    Last edited by Tomisama; 04-07-2006 at 12:01.
    HONOUR IS VICTORY - GO WITH HONOUR - KEEP THE CODE

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198003816474

Clan Takiyama Senior Member R'as al Ghul's Avatar

Coming soon. Stay tuned.

I'll let you know when it's uploaded.

Singleplayer: Download beta_8
    Multiplayer: Download beta_5.All.in.1
    I'll build a mountain of corpses - Ogami Itto, Lone Wolf & Cub
    Sometimes standing up for your friends means killing a whole lot of people - Sin City, by Frank Miller