Poll: Is Gah! option inane and for the retarded?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Is Gah! inane?

Default Re: Is Gah! inane?

Actually, Plato would've known pirates, not the ARgghh, rum parrot and sabre types, more like bandits on the sea.
    Common Unreflected Drinking Only Smartens

Master of the Horse Senior Member Pindar's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LeftEyeNine
    Still speaking the wise-to-self. I have nothing more to say about this, I was obvious about what I thought. And it was quite predictable that I'd get replied in an ancient sense of humor. Ok, play on, some of us loves you for sure.
    I love you too.

"We are lovers of beauty without extravagance and of learning without loss of vigor." -Thucydides

"The secret of Happiness is Freedom, and the secret of Freedom, Courage." -Thucydides

Quote Originally Posted by Faust|
    Certainly someone who sees modern practicality in the philosophy of Plato above all other alternatives is ailing in the area of objectivity.
    I have not made this claim.

"We are lovers of beauty without extravagance and of learning without loss of vigor." -Thucydides

"The secret of Happiness is Freedom, and the secret of Freedom, Courage." -Thucydides

Clan Silent Assassins Member Faust|'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pindar
    I have not made this claim.
    Of course not, you've just exclusively used quotes from him to shed light on all of our situations, including in your signature.

Probably Drunk Member Reverend Joe's Avatar

Gah is for the retarded and it is inane. The option retards the thread's topic and given gah is not a word: it is inane i.e. empty.
    Well, GAH to you.

Of course not, you've just exclusively used quotes from him to shed light on all of our situations, including in your signature.
    Actually, I haven't exclusively used quotes from him: only as it applied to denizens of the cave or to give reference to a point on his thought.

Even were one to allow that every time I quote it is Plato that still would have no baring on your charge.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorba
    Well, GAH to you.

The gaggle speaks.

Nobody expects the Senior Member Lemur's Avatar

I don't know that "gaggle" is the right word. Are we really geese? How a bout pod, sleuth, herd, triumph or pack? The geese reference seems awfully specific.

Oh, and in case I didn't say it this post, GAH!

Gah is for the retarded and it is inane. The option retards the thread's topic and given gah is not a word: it is inane i.e. empty.
    If "gah" is not a word and makes you retarded by saying it, then what about Mr. Pindar for example getting hurt and crying something like "aargh!" or "ouch!"? Does that also make you retarded? Is that also inane?

"Topic is tired and needs a nap." - Tosa Inu

Even were one to allow that every time I quote it is Plato that still would have no baring on your charge.
    You're right, deductively I could not come to any conclusions from that. You're probably just taking quotes relating to the most fundamental nature of humankind, so in that way Plato remains relevant. But its strange that you are saying "the gaggle speaks" when all Socratic speaking traces its origins to that one famous plebian... in stark contrast to almost all other important pre-Socratic Greek thought, woven by real noblemen.
    Last edited by Faust|; 04-13-2006 at 21:40.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemur
    I don't know that "gaggle" is the right word. Are we really geese? How a bout pod, sleuth, herd, triumph or pack? The geese reference seems awfully specific.

Oh, and in case I didn't say it this post, GAH!

Pod was definitely an option. The single syllable has style, but gaggle has a better ring to it given the "g" in gah. Plus, its better rhetorically.

Quote Originally Posted by Me
    Quote Originally Posted by Husar
    If "gah" is not a word and makes you retarded by saying it, then what about Mr. Pindar for example getting hurt and crying something like "aargh!" or "ouch!"? Does that also make you retarded? Is that also inane?
    Gah, doesn't make one retarded. It's opting for it in polls that does.

Why would someone say "aargh' when hurt or crying? Are you thinking of hurt or sad pirates?

Ouch is a word.

But its strange that you are saying "the gaggle speaks" when all Socratic speaking traces its origins to that one famous plebian... in stark contrast to almost all other important pre-Socratic Greek thought, woven by real noblemen.
    Why do you refer to Socrates as a plebian given he wasn't Roman?

Senior Member Senior Member Reenk Roink's Avatar

All people who have opted for 'Gah' in a poll, please post your IQ's, SAT scores, university degrees, GPA's psychiatric records, and diagnoses for any sort of mental retardation...

Boy's Guard Senior Member LeftEyeNine's Avatar

I love you too.
    Sorry to disappoint you but DevDave is my beloved one here, Mr. Enlightening Dutchman.

Why do you refer to Socrates as a plebian given he wasn't Roman?
    I had written "plebe" before but in my desire to soften a blow I committed an error... won't make that mistake again it seems. "Plebe" is often used as slang to refer to a person of the lower class, as in "That poet is a plebe who is bleeding on the street". It can also refer to the lower class as a whole.
    Last edited by Faust|; 04-14-2006 at 07:12.

Edit: deleted

-Faust
    Last edited by Faust|; 04-14-2006 at 05:25.

Gah, doesn't make one retarded. It's opting for it in polls that does.

Why would someone say "aargh' when hurt or crying? Are you thinking of hurt or sad pirates?

Ouch is a word.
    I was thinking of hurt, if you want the correct sound, you can take a knife and hurt yourself in some way, then you´ll know what exactly it sounds like...

"Topic is tired and needs a nap." - Tosa Inu

The blood of Norway always speak the truth!
    Sure it does.
    Runes for good luck:

[1 - exp(i*2π)]^-1

Sorry to disappoint you but DevDave is my beloved one here, Mr. Enlightening Dutchman.

Foiled again.

I had written "plebe" before but in my desire to soften a blow I committed an error... won't make that mistake again it seems. "Plebe" is often used as slang to refer to a person of the lower class, as in "That poet is a plebe who is bleeding on the street". It can also refer to the lower class as a whole.
    I see. So, you don't like Socrates' common touch?*

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Note: the coming of the gaggle or its identification has nothing to do with aristocratic blood lines. I'm a citizen of the new world where such folly was long ago rejected.

Quote Originally Posted by Husar
    I was thinking of hurt, if you want the correct sound, you can take a knife and hurt yourself in some way, then you´ll know what exactly it sounds like...
    I see. Of course, we wouldn't want to assume that all sounds are words.

Nasty imagery by the way.

Boy's Guard Senior Member LeftEyeNine's Avatar

Foiled again.
    Foiling is your genius. Shall I abandon such wisdom due to my pity state of being retarded, sire. What's more relationships are matters of luck than anything else as I am sure you are already enlightened about. So no worries may you fall into, master. You are a totem of attraction and wisdom, I do not think it will take long before you come across with true love.

Good we agree.
    On that certain note. Not on the statement by "The Good Guys" that "Gah is retarded"...

See post #47.
    QED
    Last edited by Reenk Roink; 04-16-2006 at 03:54.

Foiling is your genius. Shall I abandon such wisdom due to my pity state of being retarded, sire.
    Nay, stay your course DevDave needs all the love he can find.

You are a totem of attraction and wisdom, I do not think it will take long before you come across with true love.
    I shall content myself with the love of truth and the protection thereof.

Quote Originally Posted by Reenk Roink
    On that certain note. Not on the statement by "The Good Guys" that "Gah is retarded"...
    Your time may come if you can rise above the shackles of dogmatism and the lure of the gaggle.

QED

quod erat demonstrandum?

Your time may come if you can rise above the shackles of dogmatism and the lure of the gaggle.
    Yes...Yes...We have heard it all before.

Amazingly, I don't feel "shackled" by dogma. I respond to polls without Gah. I also choose Gah as an option, when the poll choices offer less than satisfactory choices on issues that are far from black and white.

quod erat demonstrandum?
    Literally: which was to be demonstrated
    Last edited by Reenk Roink; 04-16-2006 at 15:30.

Yes...Yes...We have heard it all before.
    And yet failed to learn.

Amazingly, I don't feel "shackled" by dogma.
    Given the passion you have put into your oppositionism perhaps you shouldn't trust your feelings.

Literally: which was to be demonstrated
    Do you understand how Q.E.D. was used?

And yet failed to learn.
    It is perhaps best, if one remains ignorant of arrogance...

Given the passion you have put into your oppositionism perhaps you shouldn't trust your feelings.
    I did not come at you with such passion because you had left off Gah from your poll. I looked at it at first, and was uninterested by the subject, but when I saw I your arrogant comment of "Gah is for the retarded"...I spoke up.

Do you understand how Q.E.D. was used?
    It was used originally to conclude geometric proofs.
    Last edited by Reenk Roink; 04-17-2006 at 00:04.

It is perhaps best, if one remains ignorant of arrogance...
    Is this a self-recrimination?

I did not come at you with such passion because you had left off Gah from your poll. I looked at it at first, and was uninterested by the subject, but when I saw I your arrogant comment of "Gah is for the retarded"...I spoke up.
    So now it is your mission to defend retardation? Do you defend pig latin and ebonics as well or only retarded sounds?

It was used originally to conclude geometric proofs.
    That is the traditional subject matter. Its use was to indicate the conditions to meet the proof had been met. If you use Q.E.D. as a rejoinder to my post #47 then you are agreeing the stance was sufficiently demonstrated. Is that what you want to do?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast