Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Beta Testing

Senior Member Senior Member hoggy's Avatar

Default Beta Testing

We're a little while off yet but we wanted to sort out Beta testing team for Blue Lotus in advance if possible.

Ideally we need a small team of testers willing to playtest our Beta version methodically. Once we've ironed out the major bugs we'll do an open Beta. We need people with a good amount of time on their hands and preferably with modding experience although it's not essential.

Please post here if you are interested and we'll pm the people we select over the next couple of weeks.

cheers

Assistant Mod Mod Member GiantMonkeyMan's Avatar
    plymouth - scrubbing Beirut's toilet with a cat...

Default Re: Beta Testing

please hoggy... consider me for your beta testing team.. i've been following the mod for like AGES and most of my posts are here on this sub-forum
    i would love to help one of my favourite mods out and since i have plenty modding experience i can help pin-point problems...

GMM

ps please pick me!!!!

Speaker of Truth Senior Member Moros's Avatar

I would love to beta test but I'm not sure I do have the time. But I'm thrilled to hear that things are going well. (Btw: It's for 1.5, right? or for BI? I remembered t was 1.5 but I'm not sure anymore.)

Edit: Nevermind I probably won't have the time anyway.
    Last edited by Moros; 04-14-2006 at 17:30.

Son of a Star Member Bar Kochba's Avatar

OMG ive been dreaming of this day for so long i thought it would never come please pick me Hoggy im your biggest fan PLease ill pay you to let me beta test(well not really but im desprate)

p.s i have plenty of time on my hands i dont have a very social life so you can rely on me
    "It is not so much that we need to be taken out of exile. It is that the exile must be taken out of us."- Lubavitcher Rebbe

"Its a great mitzva to be happy always" Rebbe Nachman of Breslov

We want moshiach now!!

Boy's Guard Senior Member LeftEyeNine's Avatar

I 'll have plenty of time by this Friday. If you'd like, I'd gladly like to take part in beta testing.

Just your average dragoon Member DragoonXXIV's Avatar

I'd like to help with the Beta test, i've got lots of free time and i've been in a lot of other beta tests (both games and applications) so i know a bit about what to do.

do you have a limit of how many people is it open or closed beta?
    "It is not so much that we need to be taken out of exile. It is that the exile must be taken out of us."- Lubavitcher Rebbe

We want moshiach now!!

Closed or he wouldn't select a team. Open is for the full public so he wouldn't pick some out who post here.

Hoggy if you dont pick me ill die!!! ive been a dedicated fan of yours for years even before RTW came out(does flattery help)

We want moshiach now!!

Need help to test?

I'm here... ;)
    AVE!
    ................................................ =ET=

=ET= Mods .

I have a small experience in personal modifying of the text files in RTW (Namely in Model_Battle, EDU and EDB, and a general knowledge of the other files. Doesn't take me long to learn). Since I've been working diligently on having to fix errors that had come up when I was making my own personal mod, I think I'd be able to work through the errors that might come across in a Beta. That's all the Modding experience I have.

I'd like to beta test and help with whatever you need, Hoggy.

will your team initially have a closed beta, then move to open as EB did
    or go straight from the closed to version 1?

i will do it

i would love to play this mod and the sooner the better

sorry to waste time
    Last edited by Bar Kochba; 04-15-2006 at 21:29.

We want moshiach now!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bar Kochba
    when will we find out will you pm us?
    Quote Originally Posted by hoggy
    We're a little while off yet but we wanted to sort out Beta testing team for Blue Lotus in advance if possible.

Ideally we need a small team of testers willing to playtest our Beta version methodically. Once we've ironed out the major bugs we'll do an open Beta. We need people with a good amount of time on their hands and preferably with modding experience although it's not essential.

Please post here if you are interested and we'll pm the people we select over the next couple of weeks.

cheers

Yes, you like? Member Zanderpants's Avatar

Hello Hoggy,
    I'd love to be selected for your beta tests. I've helped out on your mod with some research early on, and I've beta tested Hellenic: Total War and EB before it went open beta. I'm familiar with all of the text files as well. I'll have plenty of free time to beta test until mid July.
    "Tell a lie enough times, and it becomes truth."
    ~Joseph Goebbels
    "******* hell are you all 20 watt light bulbs...?"
    ~Abokasee

Bah! I've been coming by these forums everyday for a year now, and you have to choose the time when my computer dies of a virus to get a beta signup going!

Oh well, it's all good. My computer is in working order again and I am going to be out of college for the summer in 1 more week, so I'll have far, far too much free time on my hands. It'd be quite nice if Blue Lotus could take some of that time out of my hands. I'd have no problem with that. Nope. Definately not.

I don't really have modding experience, but I always play around with the unit and building stat/description files extensively, so I know those pretty well by now.
    Last edited by IPoseTheQuestionYouReturnTheAnswer; 04-14-2006 at 04:39.

is this for bi or plain rtw

I'm coder & gameplay tester for CasusBelli a Total Conversion of RTW for BI.exe.

My time for test is limited to a couple of hours any day(not on Saturday)

I'm a Bug-baster :D

But my english is... so, so. But i' can update you, adding screenshot for better info

;)
    AVE!
    ................................................ =ET=

=ET= Mods .

Quote Originally Posted by alahir
    is this for bi or plain rtw
    I believe they are making it for 1.5. But I'm not relly sure. But hoggy said they perhaps were going to make it for both.

Probably Drunk Member Reverend Joe's Avatar

I would love to do it- and I do mean I would LOVE to do it- but, (1) I am already a tester (in name, that is) for EB, and (2) I have no access to RTW at the moment. But chers anyway on reaching the beta stage, and keep on chooglin'.

I think you may require mature level headed people with plenty of experience in games testing and modding.

I have modded TA since a little while after I first began playing it online (which was about ten years ago! Oh god that long!) I created several units using Rhino 3D and 3D studio Max. I am fully competent in Photoshop CS along with all other media programs dreamweaver, flash, Director and of course cool edit pro.

Along with all that I have worked in Lincoln testing games for 2 years, I worked on translating Vietcong and Age Of Mythology, also I have tested several smaller games 'mighty marjhong' '5000 ultimate games' 'powerball legends' (I think that was it's name?) I have even got a letter of recommendation if you’d like to see it.

On top of all this I have played the hell out of all Total war games including Spartan (Safe guarding Archimedes was not easy on hard!) I am generally quite good at spotting mistakes, my current job including tech checking television programs. I also work continental shifts so have lots of spare time on my hands!

I hope you will consider me, not just from my experience and age, but level of maturity and dedication to the mod.

Morray.
    Last edited by Morray; 04-17-2006 at 11:24.
    Do not think...feeeeeeeeeel, it is like a finger pointing up at the moon...DO NOT stare at the finger, or you will miss alllllll the heavenly beauty!
    Bruce Lee, Enter the Dragon

Boy's Guard Senior Member LeftEyeNine's Avatar

..Looks like no chance for die-hard fans

It's probably going to be a couple more weeks now, we've had a couple more glitches Dromikaites is working through. I'll keep you all posted. We can't select everybody but there won't be a very long stretch between closed beta and open beta hopefully.

have you selected the closde beta members yet?

We want moshiach now!!

no, we'll do it when we get the beta together then let people know and i'll close this thread.

I've been signed off work for the next 3 weeks so I'd love to help before my operation !
    Look what these bastards have done to Wales. They've taken our coal, our water, our steel. They buy our homes and live in them for a fortnight every year. What have they given us? Absolutely nothing. We've been exploited, raped, controlled and punished by the English — and that's who you are playing this afternoon Phil Bennett's pre 1977 Rugby match speech

Congratulation for getting this far hoggy & team!

Id love to beta test for you, im play RTW every night & have good experiance with other mods & know a little bit about modding. Time if definaitly not an issue & i just got a beefy new computer so i can run the game on high settings. Let me know how it goes.

Great work for getting this far team! i know i speak on behalf of every fan here that this is certainly exciting times for rtw!

Member Member Alexander the Pretty Good's Avatar

I suggest you actively seek out the help of Player1 - the Bug-fixer mod-maker.

He seems to find everything, in CA productions at least.

German Enthusiast Member Alexanderofmacedon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hoggy
    It's probably going to be a couple more weeks now, we've had a couple more glitches Dromikaites is working through. I'll keep you all posted. We can't select everybody but there won't be a very long stretch between closed beta and open beta hopefully.
    That's why I didn't even ask!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast