Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Iran

BHCWarman88

Default Re: Iran

Quote Originally Posted by Ser Clegane
    For some reason it appears that certain actions (not sure yet what actions exactly) of an Admin in a thread sometimes lead to this Admin being listed as the starter of the thread.
    It's a bug ... I mean ... uhm ... "feature" ... yes - feature

Just Remember, I made this Thread m8,lol

Throw the Empolyers in Jail. Get the Illrails Workers,ship them back to Mexico,better yet,throw them in Jail Too. I hate the idea of,just giving them Aritinmatine on the deal they been here X and X Amount of Years and pay back taxes and such..

BHCWarman88

I aslo Wonder if Isearil Actually got the Nukes to blow Iran off the Map if they go to war..

Feeding the Peanut Gallery Senior Member Redleg's Avatar

An interesting and breaking story on Iran and the United States

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060531/...e/iran_nuclear

Quote Originally Posted by first paragraph of article
    In a major policy shift, the United States said Wednesday it is prepared to join other nations in holding direct talks with Iran on its nuclear program if Iran first agrees to stop disputed nuclear activities that the West fears could lead to a bomb.
    Interesting development will it lead somewhere or nowhere?
    O well, seems like 'some' people decide to ruin a perfectly valid threat. Nice going guys... doc bean

BHCWarman88

they might make some Progess,but I highly Doubt it,because they won't stop it for Nothing if they making a Bomb..

BHCWarman88

What you guys think of this Article?? I think it's praticlly a Bunch of Bull.. They won't stop the Programs for Nothing Unless they do a Embrago and/or Santicons..

L'Etranger Senior Member Banquo's Ghost's Avatar
    Hunting the Snark, a long way from Tipperary...

I believe it is an astute diplomatic ploy by the US Administration, and well done.

Iran has to respond positively, or further isolate itself. Any friends it has on the Security Council will be put on the back foot. The President is shown to be statesmanlike and willing to consider all options instead of sabre-rattling.
    "If there is a sin against life, it consists not so much in despairing as in hoping for another life and in eluding the implacable grandeur of this one."
    Albert Camus "Noces"

What you guys think of this Article?? I think it's praticlly a Bunch of Bull.. They won't stop the Programs for Nothing Unless they do a Embrago and/or Santicons..
    Iran says its propoganda ....
    Iran's official state news agency, Irna, dismissed the offer as propaganda. "It's evident that the Islamic Republic of Iran only accepts proposals and conditions that meet the interests of the nation and the country. Halting enrichment definitely doesn't meet such interests," the agency said. "Given the insistence by Iranian authorities on continuing uranium enrichment, Rice's comments can be considered a propaganda move."

Two other problems with Americas proposal , China and Russia , it is neccesary to get their agreement, which is not likely . Same with theembargo/sanctions , decades of sanctions have not worked , and unless China and russia agree to join the embargo sanctions they will not work , it is not in China or Russians interest to voluntarily agree , and to 2convince" themto agree is going to be very very expensive .So does the West have the money and willingness to be able to bribe Russia and China ?
    Probably not .

BHCWarman88

We Could Sanction China and Russia Could,if it was Possbile..

Headless Senior Member Pannonian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BHCWarman88
    Wouldn't imposing sanctions on China mean the collapse of the US economy?

Yeah, that's a great idea. Let's impose sactions on, first, someone who could mutually destroy us, if pissed off enough, and we have been working to cool down our relations with for the last 60 years. Second, let's put sactions one of our largest, if not the largest, trading partner who also has nukes. WOW THAT SOUNDS GREAT!!! (end sarcasam)

In other news, it seems the Iranians have rejected our offer.
    http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/meast/...ran/index.html
    WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Iran rejected on Thursday a U.S. proposal to join multilateral talks as offering no "new and rational solution" to Iran's nuclear case, according to Iran's state-run news agency.
    This was an excellent play with politics for the US. It showed we still wanted to talk, but keep our tough guy imagine. The Iranians really had not choice but to reject it because they needed to keep up their "bad ass" look for their people. Since the US will never let Iran, knowingly, build a nuke, this can't be good.
    Last edited by Ice; 06-01-2006 at 18:17.

Awaiting the Rapture Member rotorgun's Avatar

Maybe this should be in a poll, but who is really afraid, personally, politically, or morally against the Iranians having a nuke?

I am not personally against it, because it is hypocritical for me, as a citizen of the world's biggest owner of nukes, to deny any other citizen of another country the right to live under the fear they create. Politically I suppose I have to be against it for obvious reasons, if I were wanting my government to rule the world. Morally I am against any nation having these terrifying toys. I have been living under the fear of them for my entire life, and would feel better if they were all launced toward the sun to burn up in its caronasphere.

I think we should let them have the damned things, and then introduce them to the concept of MAD: Mutually Assured Destruction. Then they can be as afraid as I am.
    Rotorgun
    ...the general must neither be so undecided that he entirely distrusts himself, nor so obstinate as not to think that anyone can have a better idea...for such a man...is bound to make many costly mistakes
    Onasander

Editing my posts due to poor typing and grammer is a way of life.

BHCWarman88

I'm not Scared.. Why Should I be?? I remember my Dad telling me how Pittsburgh (where I live at) had alot of those Anti Missle Things since we had alot of Steel Mills and Such,and Since we was one of the Potenally Tagets,but Now,we don't,and I highey doubt it they would blow my Town to Hell and Back..

I'm not Scared.. Why Should I be?? I remember my Dad telling me how Pittsburgh (where I live at) had alot of those Anti Missle Things since we had alot of Steel Mills and Such,and Since we was one of the Potenally Tagets,but Now,we don't,and I highey doubt it they would blow my Town to Hell and Back..
    Pittsburgh would be one of the last places they would strike... it has hardly anything on value these days. Almost all the industry has left. Besides, the Iran couldn't even get a nuclear missile to the United States. That kind of technology would take years to develop and tons of money.

BHCWarman88

Quote Originally Posted by Ice
    Pittsburgh would be one of the last places they would strike... it has hardly anything on value these days. Almost all the industry has left. Besides, the Iran couldn't even get a nuclear missile to the United States. That kind of technology would take years to develop and tons of money.

I was Refering to the Cuban Missle Crisis in the 60's.. They Could come up with it if they were obessed with havign a War with us,but Highy Doubt they would like to take part in one..

Coffee farmer extraordinaire Member spmetla's Avatar

It doesn't matter if Iran doesn't have missiles capable of reaching the US, in just a few years they'll be able to reach Vienna and soon after that Berlin, Paris, Moscow, and London. And to attack the US all you'd need is a mechant ship, it doesn't take much to put a nuke of anysize in a container and looking at all the nautical traffic the US gets from the middle east it doesn't need be an Iranian ship to do it. And of course there is the threat that Iran might give the nuke to terrorists which unlike the Saddam Al Queda links are actually true. They fund and train lots of terrorists that are currently in Iraq and Afghanistan.

"Am I not destroying my enemies when I make friends of them?"
    -Abraham Lincoln

Four stage strategy from Yes, Minister:
    Stage one we say nothing is going to happen.
    Stage two, we say something may be about to happen, but we should do nothing about it.
    Stage three, we say that maybe we should do something about it, but there's nothing we can do.
    Stage four, we say maybe there was something we could have done, but it's too late now.

BHCWarman88

Yeah.. Stick it on a Ship,send it to a Habor,or send the Nuke from the Ship and there you go..

Awaiting the Rapture Member rotorgun's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by spmetla
    It doesn't matter if Iran doesn't have missiles capable of reaching the US, in just a few years they'll be able to reach Vienna and soon after that Berlin, Paris, Moscow, and London. And to attack the US all you'd need is a mechant ship, it doesn't take much to put a nuke of anysize in a container and looking at all the nautical traffic the US gets from the middle east it doesn't need be an Iranian ship to do it. And of course there is the threat that Iran might give the nuke to terrorists which unlike the Saddam Al Queda links are actually true. They fund and train lots of terrorists that are currently in Iraq and Afghanistan.
    BHCWarman88 Yeah.. Stick it on a Ship,send it to a Habor,or send the Nuke from the Ship and there you go.
    Great plan....and then Iran is wiped off the face of the earth, never to be remebered except as those insane maniacs who wanted to get 72 virgins in the afterlife, and so lit off a nuke in New York harbor. I am deeply impressed by this brilliant tactical blunder. Seriously, is one harbor worth losing your entire nation and population?
    Rotorgun
    ...the general must neither be so undecided that he entirely distrusts himself, nor so obstinate as not to think that anyone can have a better idea...for such a man...is bound to make many costly mistakes
    Onasander

Editing my posts due to poor typing and grammer is a way of life.

BHCWarman88

What do you Mean by that Rotor,I don't really Catch you There..

What do you Mean by that Rotor,I don't really Catch you There..
    He means is attacking the US with a nuke worth getting destroyed over?

BHCWarman88

oh ok.. No it is Not,Because it would,to me,only Spark another WW3.. in a Radcial Scerino, Russia and China would Lauch Missles at America,Britian would Lauch Missles at them,and that's WW3.. That just a Example..

The Black Senior Member Papewaio's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rotorgun
    Great plan....and then Iran is wiped off the face of the earth, never to be remebered except as those insane maniacs who wanted to get 72 virgins in the afterlife, and so lit off a nuke in New York harbor. I am deeply impressed by this brilliant tactical blunder. Seriously, is one harbor worth losing your entire nation and population?
    Nowing the intelligence community they would identify the flag of choice for the cargo ship as coming from some other place. And whoosh goes the wrong country... sorry France , UK? Aus? Israel...dammit it was the Iranians ... all the time some other group is giggling in glee.
    Our genes maybe in the basement but it does not stop us chosing our point of view from the top.
    Quote Originally Posted by Louis VI the Fat
    Pape for global overlord!!
    Quote Originally Posted by English assassin
    Squid sources report that scientists taste "sort of like chicken"
    Quote Originally Posted by frogbeastegg View Post
    The rest is either as average as advertised or, in the case of the missionary, disappointing.

Coffee farmer extraordinaire Member spmetla's Avatar

That's why I said it doesn't even have to been an Iranian ship. 9/11 used American aircraft, why would any foriegn ship be harder. In fact it would be far easier to do. And then if flash boom a nuke goes off in New York City there'd be no ship left anyhow. Almost untraceable, yeah they could try and track what ships were on a course recently toward NYC but that'd leave a lot of doubt about ship was the ship and who built and sold the bomb.
    I doubt if most terrorist even seriously want the US to be nuked but I'd rather not allow them the option. Pakistan and North Korea are already loose enough with their secrets let's not add Iran to the list.

"Am I not destroying my enemies when I make friends of them?"
    -Abraham Lincoln

Four stage strategy from Yes, Minister:
    Stage one we say nothing is going to happen.
    Stage two, we say something may be about to happen, but we should do nothing about it.
    Stage three, we say that maybe we should do something about it, but there's nothing we can do.
    Stage four, we say maybe there was something we could have done, but it's too late now.

Terra, Solar System, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, somewhere in this universe.

Warman, who on earth would launch a nuke at anyone, much less America?

Also, Iran can't be compared to Soviet Russia. Even if you do compare note:
    - During the '60s, America was less powerful than now
    - The Soviets were far more powerful than Iran is now
    - The Soviets still didn't dare to launch

Russia and China launching missiles at America is just ridiculous and wouldn't happen. Who would want America's wrath, as well as the rest of NATO?
    Student by day, bacon-eating narwhal by night (specifically midnight)

BHCWarman88

Yea,but Russia was Just Testing Kenndy in the 60's though..

Voluntary Suspension Voluntary Suspension Philippus Flavius Homovallumus's Avatar

Errr, Shaka...

This thread should have been left in the ground.
    "If it wears trousers generally I don't pay attention."

[IMG]https://img197.imageshack.us/img197/4917/logoromans23pd.jpg[/IMG]

Mr Self Important Senior Member Beskar's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Feel free to make a new thread about Iran, not use one which is 11 years old.
    Days since the Apocalypse began
    "We are living in space-age times but there's too many of us thinking with stone-age minds" | How to spot a Humanist
    "Men of Quality do not fear Equality." | "Belief doesn't change facts. Facts, if you are reasonable, should change your beliefs."

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567