Thread: UNITS - Sweboz heavy Spearmen - useless?

Default UNITS - Sweboz heavy Spearmen - useless?

Hi Together,

I am playing with sweboz surrently, and finally I am able to field the heavy spearmen (geizaherjoz??) and the heavy inf. swordsmen of the sweboz.

What I noticed is, that the spearmen in comparison are much weaker in melee - but still in description are said to be devastating... they get slaughtered by every other unit which attacks them in my exp. up to now and run pretty fast.

I have used them in armies with very good generals and sufficient flank support, but they are always the first unit to rout. also they do not use their spears at full range but instead charge into the enemy to sowrd-range. maybe they think it unfair to use the spear when the opponent can't hack em to pieces....

Other thing is:
    I am owning 15 provinces, and in about 7 of them I can build whatever building I want, with government 1 2 3 or 4 and I am not able to build a single unit.

Please, someone help me.

Terra, Solar System, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, somewhere in this universe.

Default Re: UNITS - Sweboz heavy Spearmen - useless?

Welcome, Marlak!

This should be posted in the EB technical support and help subforum, not the gameplay guides. I'm sorry that I personally can't help, but I can tell you that the heavy infantry should be used as anti cav if they're fast and weak as infantry. Check their stats to see if they're actually that weak, and if they are, use them in the way I said or to flank (seeing as you said they're quite fast).
    Student by day, bacon-eating narwhal by night (specifically midnight)

Thx a lot tiberius,

well their stats say they have an attack of 16 and a very high defence, too.

they are "effective against armour" so their suggested role is to break up heavily armored celtic or roman infantry.

what worries me more is the fact that even after building the MIC for 20.000 mnai in eborronum or so i can only build twodifferent units of basic celtic warriors - i have build the government system 2 there but nothing.

It is stupid question, but I have to ask it. Sorry...

From what I remember Sweboz have one phalanx unit - isn't it this one?
    if you order them to charge instead attack in phalanx they will probably be cut to pieces - just as you describe.

Reruitment problems:
    Recruitment for all factons is not finished and for some it is in fact only started... Sweboz are being reworked - apperance of units, recruitment and many other things

EB ship system destroyer and Makedonia FC

Terra, Solar System, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, somewhere in this universe.

No problem, Marlak.

Have you built the conscription centre (or its barbarian equivalent) yet in your towns? It's not like RTR, where just upgrading a settlement automatically allowed recruitment of units. In EB, you need to actually build a barracks-like building or two before you can build units.
    Student by day, bacon-eating narwhal by night (specifically midnight)

Dera Tiberius,

I have buld both of the MIC -the highest class military barracks, smithies and all other miluitary related buildings - still not possible to build a single unit.

I know the sweboz are meant to be able to recruit from "the country and the woods" therefore settlements size is not important, but the kind of military building u build.

Dear O'Etaipos

the spearmen I mean are not able of building a phalanx, I can see this as they even are slaughtered when ordered in tight formation ( shieldwall) and are supposed to let the enemy run into their speartips ( which actualy LOOK realy great). But they always let the enemy pass their speartips, and then let themselves be slaughtered.

I actually had the same exact experience with them, they let the enemy pass their spearpoints and just get killed by everything, maybe they're just not finished yet?
    "This is a-radi-hi-iiic-ulous"-Zeek