Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: Play By Email Multiplayer/Hot Seat Campaign - Release

Default Re: Play By Email Multiplayer/Hot Seat Campaign - Release

That was quick, and thanks! We have played several MTW PBEM campaigns (with and without DartMod, btw) and enjoyed it, but our interests are really in earlier time periods, so your work is a great boon to our gaming.

It might be that my faction was switched because in fact my opponent had also run the generator, and we will remember if there are more of us to make sure we all have the same file.

Thanks again.

ow right i never knew do u know were i could get the hotseatmultiplayer for mtw2 ? thnx again :)

Well, if you get MTW II: Kingdoms, it comes with that (I am pretty sure), but I also think that the most recent patch included the hotseat option. You might want to visit the Total War forums and look around, or maybe someone here will post more information.

Shaidar Haran Senior Member SAM Site Champion Myrddraal's Avatar

I would suggest asking in the Citadel. They know everything about M2TW in there

Quote Originally Posted by Myrddraal
    I would suggest asking in the Citadel. They know everything about M2TW in there
    Thanks again.

I'm using RTW Gold (Vanilla+BI) with Rome Total Realism Mod.

I've started new game with romans (in RTR there's only one roman faction - in data files as romans_julii).
    I've generated script for 2 players romans_julii, macedon
    Script looks good - there isn't any misspeling and its finely divided into two parts (I suppose it's like it should be)
    The rest is done like in tutorial

(note: RTR has different descr_strat.txt file - the original isn't overwritten. I've used the faction order of RTR's file)

After I click help button in shortcut scroll the game dies. The window just disappears (with no - even instant - instability).

Is there any chance for me to run Multiplayer on my moded Rome, or do I have to chose between Realism and Multiplayer?

Hello,

I have a question to you, because the srcipt generator doesnt work. He doesnt make a file in C so i could not play. Or I make something wrong? Could you help me please? Than you.

Sry for my bad English...

Sgt.Feldsau

Bassist, God and Modder Member Thor the Bassist's Avatar

NVM. my bad.
    Last edited by Thor the Bassist; 07-20-2008 at 12:33.

Building for the Future of METW

How to play more than 1 Roman faction in MP mode. I wanted to play all three roman factions, but it CTD after the Scipii's turn. In order to stop that from happening, you will need to edit the descr_strat.txt. In the file, all 4 roman factions are defined first, their settlements and such. You will need to cut and past the Brutii down a couple factions. Then do the same with the Scipii. So that none of the 3 roman factions are next to each other when they are defined.
    Please Note: I do not work for Creative Assembly or Sega.

https://www.youtube.com/user/itsmymillertime
    Latest Video: #224 2v2 MP Siege Shogun 2 Commentary
    Added: September 5, 2011

Hello Myrddraal. Thanks for looking this up.
    I tried the script generator, with the romans_julii, greek_cities and Egypt, and it creates a script on my harddrive ( C:).
    Where do I need to place this text? Just leave it on C, or do I place it inside the Rome -folder?
    Then I start the game, but I can only select one faction to play with. So i start this campaign, but I can only play as the romans. The advisor doesn't pop up when I press the ? -on the help scroll.
    Thanks.

Hi there lsteve,

It's not enough to run the script generator. You also need to follow the instructions in the first post of this thread:

https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=64876

Myrddraal

Default AW: Play By Email Multiplayer/Hot Seat Campaign - Release

lol i know it's stupid to ask now because this trhead is very old but i make all how it's wirrten by you but when i press f1 and click on the (?) nothing happend... i just want to play with my friends with your awesome mod a campaign :D can anyone tell me a way out of this? *sry for my bad english

*i really did all how the discreption says..

Default AW: Play By Email Multiplayer/Hot Seat Campaign - Release

Sorry for a new post but i cant edit my old as junior member :D

but now i have a much bigger problem now i cant play a simple online game.. everytime this comes: Anschließen an Spioel gescheiter (GS) i googlet it but nothing pas really.. i use Gold VErsion so there are no patches.. help please only you can correct my stupid fails to play with HotSeat Mod

ok i followed the instructions to the "t" and now my game starts up for like 5 sec. shuts down on me i dont even get to the menu to try and start a campaign

can anybody help me

OK, i generated the script as instructions said!

All seemed to work fine, but when i look in C:Drive there is no script there, even though the generator says it has been generated!

Hidden files and folders are set to view, any ideas why it hasnt worked?

Myrddraal, if i manage to get this generated properly, would you mind if i tried modding it further to get more diplomatic options, like sending units to allies as gifts etc!
    TEN WELSH COMMANDMENTS

THOU SHALL;

Worship sheep, Drink Beer, Wear 3 feathers with pride, Not Slay Dragons, Love Rugby and Football, Not be too friendly with the English, Keep a welcome in the hillside, Learn our Anthem (not just chorus), Eat and Enjoy Leek soup, Congregate and drink on international match days ........ correct at time of sermon on the Mountain Ash.... copyright Dai of Cymru.

Hi,

I simplay can't run the script editor, everytime I'm told:
    "C:\WINXP\SYSTEM32\CONFIG.NT is not valid to run a MS-DOS or Microsoft Windows aplication."

Can someone just send me the script, or does it have to be generated for every pc one again?

Hmmmm, i think we must have missed the boat, so to speak!

This thread is old now, and no-one is swinging by to offer help anymore!

I still cant find where this generated script is, it says its on C: as HotseatScript but when i look it isnt there.

Ive typed the EXACT name into search and it says there is nothing on my cpu with that name!

All hidden files and folders are set to view!

Goddamn me for being a late comer to RTW, by the time i discovered hotseat no-one else round here seems interested, and i got a load of mates who do wanna play and no way of getting the bloody script!

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME! WHY CANT I FIND THE GENERATED SCRIPT?
    TEN WELSH COMMANDMENTS

THOU SHALL;

Worship sheep, Drink Beer, Wear 3 feathers with pride, Not Slay Dragons, Love Rugby and Football, Not be too friendly with the English, Keep a welcome in the hillside, Learn our Anthem (not just chorus), Eat and Enjoy Leek soup, Congregate and drink on international match days ........ correct at time of sermon on the Mountain Ash.... copyright Dai of Cymru.

Well, i finally sorted one problem and wandered straight into another!

For anyone who cant find the script when generated, ill tell you what i did.

I use Vista, a load of crap but meh, anyways, im an admin on my computer, but with script generator i still need to RIGHT click on it and select RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR. As long as i do that it generates the script exactly as it should!

Hope that helps clear some things up for some people!

Now my problem is i cant get the advisor to appear when i click the ? icon. If i pause it and click the ? icon on top right of the pause menu, the advisor appears, but on shortcuts menu it doesnt!

I checked the triggers, and it all seems to be fine, there is no ; (semi colon??) before it.

So i was wondering if i could add the line to the text that deals with the pause menu advisor instead of the shortcuts advisor?

If i can and it will still work, does anyone know which area of the text file this is located under!

Im guessing something like Help_Advisor_UI_Pause_Menu for the gamearea_campaign, but i would like to be sure before going ahead and fiddling with it!

Hopefully, if this karma idea is right, i have helped someone so now someone will help me!
    TEN WELSH COMMANDMENTS

THOU SHALL;

i have a problem. everytime i load the script generator and finish generating the script for my hotseat game and open rome tw, it crashes! i dont know whats wrong and im confused.

sorry my mistake. i made a typo in the script. it all works fine. thanks Mydraal!!

Hi all,
    thanky you for that nice Script.

We have a problem. We are 3 player, 2 with german installation and 1 has a english version.

Between the both germans, there are no problems, but if the english one try to load the savegame, he will get allways a CTD.

We all use fresh Vanilla 1.5. In germans version the quicksave file is calles "savegame...." in english its "quicksave....". We tryed to rename the german file into the english, but it also doesnt work.

Do we need to use all the english version to play (we did not test it yet).

Or what can solve this problem?

Grettings Saxman

After downloading the scrpitgen and unzipping it, I get an error message when I attempt to run it:

What is the deal?

Thank you!

I get the exact same error, and cannot find a solution anywhere. Too bad no one really checks this thread at this point.....

Sorry I didn't get back to you guys. I'm afraid I don't have the source for the generator so I can't recompile it to make a newer version. If compatibility mode doesn't work, I can only suggest you generate the script on a 32 bit system then transfer the script across.

* Press F1
    * The shortcuts scroll will appear
    * Press the (?) button in the top right hand corner of the scroll which appears
    * The Advisor will appear giving you advice on the scroll, ignore this, and press the Show me how button.
    When I press (?) button,nothing happens.I'm using Win7,could that be the problem?Any solutions?

Vote: Sasaki Member ByzantineKnight's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 12XX View Post
    * Press F1
    * The shortcuts scroll will appear
    * Press the (?) button in the top right hand corner of the scroll which appears
    * The Advisor will appear giving you advice on the scroll, ignore this, and press the Show me how button.
    When I press (?) button,nothing happens.I'm using Win7,could that be the problem?Any solutions?
    It has worked on my Win7 computer in the past, Are you sure you added that code in Total War\data\export_descr_advice.txt?

Also, if I remember correctly it doesn't pop up a dialog when the script was activated. Is the script working correctly when you end turn?
    RIP Tosa, I can't believe you are gone, but we will never forget you

Quote Originally Posted by ByzantineKnight View Post
    It has worked on my Win7 computer in the past, Are you sure you added that code in Total War\data\export_descr_advice.txt?

Also, if I remember correctly it doesn't pop up a dialog when the script was activated. Is the script working correctly when you end turn?

Script isn't working.There is no reaction when i press ''?''.And when I press ''End Turn'' nothing different happens.

Hello, Im having a similar problem with some above people. I am runninig a 32 bit (i think) program files x86 on a windows 7 laptop, and it says this isnt compatable with the version of windows I am using, but I thought I was using the right one. What do I do?

Quote Originally Posted by Triv View Post
    Hello, Im having a similar problem with some above people. I am runninig a 32 bit (i think) program files x86 on a windows 7 laptop, and it says this isnt compatable with the version of windows I am using, but I thought I was using the right one. What do I do?
    I didnt see an edit option, so ill post again.

Im running a 64 bit, just checked. Is there a 64 bit version?

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast