Thread: Three kingdoms Total War ---- Great History in China

Red face Three kingdoms Total War ---- Great History in China

This mod is telling about the history of the civil war at the end of the Han dynasty of China . After followed by a long period of disunity and civil war. It began with the Three Kingdoms. These kingdoms grew out of the three chief economic areas of the Han Dynasty. The leaders of the kingdoms strove to reunite the empire and were therefore at constant warfare. These three kingdoms were the Wei, in northern China, the Shu to the west, and the Wu in the east. The Three Kingdoms existed from 220-265 A.D. Buddhism began to spread throughout China during this period. It was introduced in the first century A.D. but did not really begin to spread until after the Han empire collapsed. Tea, although not as popular as it would be in later times, was discovered in the south during this period. Porcelain was also developed during this time.

The kingdom of Wei was ruled by Ts'ao Ts'ao. This was the strongest of the kingdoms, and he had power over the valley of Wei even during the time of the Han rule. Ts'ao Ts'ao attempted to unify all of China under his rule, but was defeated by Sun Ch'üan and Liu Pei in the battle of the Red Cliff. This defeat was the beginning of the division into three kingdoms. The Wei and Shu kingdoms were both centralized, legalist kingdoms, while the Wu kingdom was ruled by a confederation of the most powerful families of the area. The Wei kingdom eventually captured the Shu kingdom in 263 A.D.

Ts'ao Ts'ao instituted many military changes that would have a great impact on the future of China. His army consisted of both Chinese and people that were considered barbarians, the Hsiung-nu, the Hsien-pei, Wu-huan and the Ch'iang. The members of his army who provided the best troops were the former nomadic herdsmen of the steppes. They were the most skilled mounted bowmen. The use of people from different groups resulted in an assimilation among the people which had not occurred in the past. In the future, these assimilated nomads would form independent kingdoms in North China. The Ssu-ma was a militant family that rose to power very quickly, and one of its members, Ssu-ma Yen founded the new Chin Dynasty in 265 A.D.

And this mod is begin from 194AD - 265 AD .
    Starting with 20 factions .

And this mod has finished about 70% , with more than 100 new units models , hundreds of new buildings models , completely new mod systems , more than 100 thousands text ( ever general have their own intro , all history events etc ). so we anticipate this full version mod can release in July or Aug with chinese langue .

Here I display some unfix units and buildings models here .
    I will continue to update the news about our 3 kingdoms mod here . keep your eyes on it :)

and also you can come to our fourm in TWC .
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=72

Contact
    waitcu@hotmail.com

Default Re: Three kingdoms Total War ---- Great History in China

this is the third chinese mod that has been made....

but great work though

Come to daddy Member Geoffrey S's Avatar

Looks fantastic, keep up the good work! I've always enjoyed previews of your Zhan Guo mod, you're most welcome to post here more often.

One question, what's the object behind the shield of that blue chap with a short sword, between two sets of building screenshots?
    "The facts of history cannot be purely objective, since they become facts of history only in virtue of the significance attached to them by the historian." E.H. Carr

Shaidar Haran Senior Member SAM Site Champion Myrddraal's Avatar

Is this mod sharing material with Zanguo waitcu? The link you provided goes to the Zanguo subforum. Could you also consider posting linked thumbnails to your images. For low speed connections this thread will take forever to load.

Earl Of Warwick/Wannabe Tuareg Member beauchamp's Avatar
    Minneapolis, Minnesota/Kaltenbach, Tiroll

AWSOME! Sign me up! If you guys need any help, im happy to oblige...
    Ive been playing ROTK for awhile and have read the books (or tried to).
    BTW, will their be Guan Yu as a character?

Ya Misr!

@Geoffrey S
    that's call Gou Rang in chinese .

this weapon was invented in West Han dynasty . it was used to defance the Ji .
    as time past , the Ji was used as ceremonially decoration , not used for battle . so the Gou Rang was not used anymore .

JI

@Myrddraal
    the material of some buildings will share with zhanguo mod . but the units are nearly different . and we have no enough time to open two sub-fourms of our mods . so i deside to post all informations in one fourm .

@beauchamp
    gald to hear you can give us some help . we need some chinese to englsih translator and 2d skin texture drawer . hope you can help :)
    and of course , Guan Yu will as a character as history . and all general(about 500-600 generals) will have their own intro .

AO Viking's Tactician Member Lucjan's Avatar

Looking good, I'm already a big fan of Koei's RoTK series, this mod, to me, is a dream come true.

Oh, one question though. What time period during the three kingdoms era is this mod going to begin with? Will it start right off with the three kingdoms or will it begin earlier, say with the beginning of the anti-dong zhuo coalition?

Lucjan: Youve played ROTK right? I own the VIIIth and their is a scenario called "the land in caos" I think that one would be the best. Youve got yer Liu Bei, your Dong Zhuo and your Lu Bu. I don't know though, what ever the mod makers want I guess...

Ya Misr!

In my opinion, beginning with the scenario you're talking about would be close to the best choice. Even though the true roots of the three kingdoms period lies with Zhang Jiao and the yellow turban rebellion casting china into chaos, the warlords don't rise up against one another until Dong Zhuo begins his reign of tyranny. But even then, it isn't until Lu Bu murders Dong Zhuo after the battle of Hu Lao gate that the power vacuum sucks the land into total civil war...in my personal opinion, the best choice for a beginning to this mod would be directly following the death of Dong Zhuo..that way you could have feasible faction choices that would look like this.

Northern - 6
    Gongsun Family in Ji, Bei Ping and Xiang Ping
    Yuan Shao in Ye, Nan Pi and Ping Yuan
    Cao Cao in Pu Yang
    Lu Bu in Chen Liu
    Liu Bei in Xiao Pei and Xia Pi (Giving him Tao Qian's city of Xia Pi, seeing as Tao Qian gave the city to liu bei anyway when he became ill and could no longer govern it himself.)

(Kong Rong, Kong Zhou, Zhang Yan and Zhang Yang, though also leaders in this time period, all seem too inconsequential to waste a faction slot on them.)

Western - 3
    Ma Teng in Wu Wei, Tian Shui and Xi Ping
    Li Jue in Chang An
    Zhang Lu in Han Zhong

Southern - 5
    Yuan Shu in Ru Nan and Shou Chun
    Sun Ce in Lu Jiang
    Liu Biao in Jiang Xia, Xiang Yang and Jiang Ling
    Liu Zhang in Cheng Du, Zi Tong and Jiang Zhou
    The Eastern Despots in Mo Ling, Hui Ji and Wu (seeing as they were all in league against sun ce, who defeated and deposed of all of them)

So..potentially 14 factions..

But, mind you, this is all just mere speculation from somebody who actually has nothing to do with the workings of the mod. >.<

I'm just a 3kingdoms nut. lol.

Same, I think that we should have nomads too, like the Huns and the other tribes like that one king in the south who rode elephants into a battle one time (sry, im totally forgetting names ), but I agree with that time period...

Ya Misr!

Tribes would be feasible if the mod was released for BI. This could allow the Wu Wan north of Yuan Shao, Nanman (the elephant riders) south of Liu Zhang, the Shan Yue pirates near Wu, and the Qiang between Ma Teng and Liu Zhang.

If you look at the map he put up, there are conquerable regions for all four of them.

Insanity perhaps is inevitable Member shifty157's Avatar

Are you ever going to release the secret of how you edit the .BPI files to the modding community waitcu or are you going to keep it hidden forever?

I'd say that it's been about a year now at least that you've been keeping it secret from the community.

Nice textures by the way. Very well done.

Question Re: Three kingdoms Total War ---- Great History in China

Could you please also release an English version? Something like this: keep the voices Chinese (except for the advisors if you have also modded their voices) - it always sounds stupid if they start to mimick different languages in English, like they have done with the eastern factions (and especially Carthage) in vanilla RTW - but translate unit descriptions and infos also into English please!

The setting of your mod reminds me of the book Tj'in de eerste keizer van China, a Dutch translation of a French novel about the way the first emperor of the Qin empire thought based on historical sources. I know that the Qin empire is a few centuries earlier, but this novel also describes a lot of the political intrigue and mindset during the last years of the Warring States period that also applies to the later post Han period.
    The writer of this novel is: Jean Levi.

Very interested in ancient China and seeing the beautiful work you've done, I'm eagerly awaiting the release of your mod.
    - Tellos Athenaios
    CUF tool - XIDX - PACK tool - SD tool - EVT tool - EB Install Guide - How to track down loading CTD's - EB 1.1 Maps thread

ὁ δ᾽ ἠλίθιος ὣσπερ πρόβατον βῆ βῆ λέγων βαδίζει” – Kratinos in Dionysalexandros.

Are you ever going to release the secret of how you edit the .BPI files to the modding community waitcu or are you going to keep it hidden forever?
    I'd say that it's been about a year now at least that you've been keeping it secret from the community.
    ???hey man , i had been release the method for many months and posted how to change the settlement plan , especially tell the LOTR and CTW etc teams .
    i think i should tell you again about bpi file here.
    bpi file could not be edit . it's generated by the game itself . you just need to put a new 3d building model in game , then the game will generate a new bpi file which belong to this new model. but you should del the bpi files of the models which you have change before .

Could you please also release an English version? Something like this: keep the voices Chinese (except for the advisors if you have also modded their voices) - it always sounds stupid if they start to mimick different languages in English, like they have done with the eastern factions (and especially Carthage) in vanilla RTW - but translate unit descriptions and infos also into English please!
    of course , we will release the english and chinese verion at the same time . we are translating the texts stuff now , so don't worry about that .we come to the internetional TW web-side is want the RTW fans can play our works all over the world , not only the chinese people. and we will also make new voice in game , like the voice we gave to Blue Lotus TW team long time before .

waitcu, you and your team are indeed developing a work of art, can't wait to play it

Quote Originally Posted by waitcu
    ???hey man , i had been release the method for many months and posted how to change the settlement plan , especially tell the LOTR and CTW etc teams .
    i think i should tell you again about bpi file here.
    bpi file could not be edit . it's generated by the game itself . you just need to put a new 3d building model in game , then the game will generate a new bpi file which belong to this new model. but you should del the bpi files of the models which you have change before .
    Sure it generates a new file and sure the camera gets bumped correctly by the building now. But why doesn't the game generate a correct shadow? And more importantly why can my units walk right through it as if it wasn't there?

Sure it generates a new file and sure the camera gets bumped correctly by the building now. But why doesn't the game generate a correct shadow? And more importantly why can my units walk right through it as if it wasn't there?
    could you make your questions in details and give me some screenshot ?
    PS , please sent to my email , waitcu@hotmail.com , let me ask our 3d building maker .

Terra, Solar System, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, somewhere in this universe.

I've been eagerly awaiting your mods' release, and I have to say they seem fantastic!

By the way, excuse my idiocy, but has Zhan Guo come out yet? twcenter is blocked at school.
    Student by day, bacon-eating narwhal by night (specifically midnight)

yes, there is a demo of the beta, i think, i have it, and it is very good
    Hey, Im back

Quote Originally Posted by waitcu
    could you make your questions in details and give me some screenshot ?
    PS , please sent to my email , waitcu@hotmail.com , let me ask our 3d building maker .
    I cant email you for some reason.

Now. In the descr_building_battle file under the building entry of the building which I made I tell the game to reference a .cas file which does not exist for the physical information. When I play the game it makes the .BPI file in "data/models_building/info/" and everything looks fine.

In the game, the camera will move over the building correctly but units will walk right through the building instead of around it.