Thread: The First Triumvirate (28/5/06)

Default The First Triumvirate (25/6/2006)

From https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/local...=95&linkid=174

THE FIRST TRIUMVIRATE v1.92
    A late Roman Republic mod for RTW v1.5

Take command as Caesar, Crassus, Pompey, Vercingetorix or Orodes in the waning days of the Roman Republic.

Five campaigns are included:

Caesar - 58 BC
    Will you conquer Gaul and cross the Rubicon?

Crassus in the East - 53 BC
    Will you defeat the Parthians and return to assert yourself as Rome's master?

Pompey - 49 BC
    Will you escape to Greece and build an army capable of defeating Caesar?

The Gallic Rebellion - 53 BC
    Will you lead a successful revolt to free Gaul from the Roman yoke for all time?

Parthia - 53 BC
    Marcus Licinius Crassus is on the verge of invading, and your generals and sons are not to be trusted. Can you defeat Crassus while avoiding internal strife?

The First Triumvirate features unique victory conditions, challenging gameplay, four turns per year, and much more. And unlike many other mods, The First Triumvirate v1.9 uses the -mod: switch functionality provided by RTW. This means that no files are modified or installed that will prevent you from playing regular RTW games.

Download Links

Download v1.92 of the TFT mod here:
    The First Triumvirate v1.92

No other versions of TFT are required. Save games from prior versions are NOT compatible.

Installation Instructions

To install:
    1. Have a clean version of RTW 1.5
    2. Unzip and run the "TFTv1.92full.exe" file - install it to your main RTW folder.

3a. (To play Caesar) Double click on the TFT_Caesar.exe in the main RTW folder to run it - RTW will launch with the Caesar Campaign loaded.
    3b. (To play Crassus or the Gallic Rebellion) Double click on the TFT_Crassus.exe in the main RTW folder to run it - RTW will launch with the Crauss and Gallic Campaigns loaded.
    3c. (To play Pompey) Double click on the TFT_Pompey.exe in the main RTW folder to run it - RTW will launch with the Pompey Campaign loaded.
    3d. (To play Parthia) Double click on the TFT_Parthia.exe in the main RTW folder to run it - RTW will launch with the Parthia Campaign loaded.

Once in the game...
    To activate the Campaign Script:
    1. Click on a settlement you own
    2. The advisor pops up.
    3. Click ON her face.
    4. Click on the "Accept" icon.
    That's it.

Some Gameplay Information

1. The triumph and victory conditions for each faction are listed on the faction leader's character scroll - mousing over these will inform you as to what conditions need to be met to achieve the various triumphs and ultimate victory.
    2. The advisor is used extensively throughout the TFT campaigns - be sure to read what she has to say and respond appropriately!
    3. You will find your movement and (in the case of Roman armies) troop morale reduced during Winter turns. Plan accordingly.
    4. The AI armies are tough - you cannot charge them head-on and expect easy victories like in regular RTW - you will need to carefully plan and execute your tactics from battle to battle.
    5. Romans cannot build archers! Make sure you check the mercenary pools in various provinces and you should be able to supplement your legions with a good mix of auxiliary troops.
    6. The recommended difficulty settings are Medium (campaign)/Very Hard (battles). These are the settings used by the team to test and play the mod.

Personal use only - The material in this modification cannot be used in any other public modification without the creator's express permission.
    Last edited by Stuie; 04-30-2021 at 19:18.

Default Re: The First Triumvirate (28/5/06)

Added 28/5/06
    Epistolary Richard's modding Rules of Cool
    Cool modders make their mods with the :mod command line switch
    If they don't, then Cool mod-users use the Mod Enabler (JSGME)
    Cool modders use show_err
    Cool modders use the tutorials database Cool modders check out the Welcome to the Modding Forums! thread Cool modders keep backups Cool modders help each other out

Hey,
    This mod looks awesome and I really want to play it, but where can I get the download from? I tried the links you have, and FileFront doesn't seem to have it anymore and the other link can't find it either. Confused

Is there a third, or more, link(s) you could send me? Thanks.

Finder of Little Oddities Senior Member Makanyane's Avatar

this one at rapidshare
    http://rapidshare.com/files/44174020...2full.rar.html
    looks like it works to me - did you try that? You need to wait a couple of minutes after selecting the 'free' download option and enter some text you see in a picture to get it to work.

Otherwise try the links here
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=49252
    Not used mods before? Looking for something small and fun?!
    Download the:

Bassist, God and Modder Member Thor the Bassist's Avatar

Has mod switcher = must download

Building for the Future of METW

Quote Originally Posted by Makanyane View Post
    this one at rapidshare
    http://rapidshare.com/files/44174020...2full.rar.html
    looks like it works to me - did you try that? You need to wait a couple of minutes after selecting the 'free' download option and enter some text you see in a picture to get it to work.

Yeah, cheers. I tried the Rapidshare one but it comes up with a file box asking if I want to find a programme online to open it. Did you have this problem? Cheers again.

You need to select 'save' and not 'open' - in the small screen that pops up. Then it will let you browse your computer to where you want to save the file and download it there.

Once its on your computer as its a .rar file you need Winrar 7zip or something similar to extract the contents (hopefully you already have something like that on computer - they're easy to find and normally have free trial versions if not)
    Download the:

I recommend Izarc. Totally free and does most common and many uncommon compression types.

I know the normal types, with the save and open buttons. But it does not come up with that box. Just one that says find and cancel. I click find and it takes me to some shoddy Windows' wizard to try and help me...

Have you tried telling it that you dont want it to find the programme? Can you get a screen of the error/box?

That's random. No need for help anymore, I went to get the screen shot and it downloaded normally...
    Time to play what sounds like an incredible mod :)
    Thanks for your help, guys.

Ah man. Sorry about this. But I just successfully downloaded it, and normally when I download things it comes up with the 'run' screen, then I save it to where I want. However, I need to sort out the file using the compression wizards, or whatever they are called, but I didn't look where it saved it and I need to open it to make it work.

Could anyone tell me where files automatically download to in Windows XP. I have a feeling it's Temporary Internet Files, but I don't know the full address of it, so can't get to it...

Usually xp downloads to the last place where you downloaded something to but if its temporary you wont be able to find it (and it might be gone by now). Did you not tell it where to save the file to?

Quote Originally Posted by Thor the Bassist View Post
    Usually xp downloads to the last place where you downloaded something to but if its temporary you wont be able to find it (and it might be gone by now). Did you not tell it where to save the file to?

No, I didn't. I am redoing it now, because before it only let me do one download a day. I have saved it this time. Should work :) Thanks for the help.

Now I am getting annoyed, lol. I have finally downloaded it, but everytime I click on 'begin campaign' it shuts down Rome: Total War and goes to Windows. Anyone else have this problem or know how to get rid of it?

Are you running RTW 1.5?

I am indeed :)

Have you got -show_err in your command line in the shortcut (if not put it in at the end).

Where can I find my command line and shortcut? Sorry, I am not that great with computers...

For where to put the -show_err see http://www.twcenter.net/wiki/Show_err

To check that your RTW installation was patched to version 1.5 before you installed the mod go into the normal game, select 'options' from the first menu screen and see what the number is in the top right hand corner. (If it isn't 1.5 that is your problem)
    Download the:

Will that work with the Triumvirate because it runs from a separate exe that boots the RTW.exe into action?

The -show_err didn't work. I am using v1.5, I just checked.

If you can't get anywhere with it you could try looking in / making an account to ask at its hosted forum at TWC.

I'd forgotten about the separate .exe's when I explained the normal use of -show_err, you're right Thor that probably won't work.
    Download the: