Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rome Total Realism: Platinum Edition (06/06/06)

Default Rome Total Realism: Platinum Edition (06/06/06)

From https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/local...=94&linkid=183

Rome Total Realism: Under the Eagle (RTRPE) is a direct port of Rome Total Realism Gold to Rome Total War v1.5. The port was started by a triumvirate of three community members, two of them moderators on Rome Total Realism's forums. The community has since taken the project to new heights, making it as near a copy of RTR Gold as possible with the AI and Gameplay improvements of RTW 1.5.

The project also has sprung a countless number of new mods, and old mods converted to RTRPE.

RTRPE is currently at Version 1.5, which can be downloaded as a stand alone install. RTRPE is compatible with RTW 1.5, and has been reported to work with BI 1.6, though this has not been tested, neither is it supported by the RTRPE team.

The Official RTRPE Team consists of:
    Team Directional Personnel:
    Marcus Camillus (Consul)
    Lestat (Consul)
    Ryman2489 (Public Relations, Modding Consultant) (Proconsul)

Modders and Scripters:
    Cheexsta
    Crymson
    Sanky
    Shos
    Stuie
    Macedonn

Moderators:
    Candelarius
    scipio_aemilianus
    Stuie

Tech Support:
    florin80
    Stuie

RTRPE may be used to full extent for any personal use. The use of material for public modification must be requested by contacting Ryman2489 (ryaneagles5@comcast.net). Please understand that a delayed response may be due to the further contact of the Rome Total Realism team, as they are a seperate entity and much of the content derives from their work.
    Last edited by Epistolary Richard; 08-19-2006 at 08:24.

An Imperial Rome Modification for BI v1.6

Default Re: Rome Total Realism: Platinum Edition

Added 06/06/06
    Epistolary Richard's modding Rules of Cool
    Cool modders make their mods with the :mod command line switch
    If they don't, then Cool mod-users use the Mod Enabler (JSGME)
    Cool modders use show_err
    Cool modders use the tutorials database Cool modders check out the Welcome to the Modding Forums! thread Cool modders keep backups Cool modders help each other out

Default Re: Rome Total Realism: Platinum Edition (06/06/06)

Sorry, but i cant see a download link
    Hey, Im back

All the entries in this forum you'll find in the Mod Downloads index in the Links Manager.

I've added a link to that entry - click on the Visit/Download link in the title of the entry.
    Cool modders use the tutorials database Cool modders check out the Welcome to the Modding Forums! thread Cool modders keep backups Cool modders help each other out

i dont think this is the right place 2 put this question but i need some help with rtr u just got my new pc and reinstalled rtw i also installed the 1.2 patch for rtw, rtr 6_gold, rtr sound6.2 and the rtr patch 6.2. i can start a campain but when i push 2 butten 2 go 2 the nex month it just stops and closes rtr so i need 2 restart the game but when i try playing again it shuts down again when i whant 2 go 2 the next month can some one pleas help me?

Quote Originally Posted by Hesus
    i dont think this is the right place 2 put this question but i need some help with rtr u just got my new pc and reinstalled rtw i also installed the 1.2 patch for rtw, rtr 6_gold, rtr sound6.2 and the rtr patch 6.2. i can start a campain but when i push 2 butten 2 go 2 the nex month it just stops and closes rtr so i need 2 restart the game but when i try playing again it shuts down again when i whant 2 go 2 the next month can some one pleas help me?
    hi. not sure if you aware of that already but there are two more advanced versions of RTR than 6.2. why not install Gold or Platinum?

I've added a link to that entry - click on the Visit/Download link in the title of the entry.[/QUOTE]

When you've installed RTR 6 Gold, you don't need the RTR 6.2 patch. RTR 6.0 Gold is the compilation of RTR 6.0, patch 6.1, patch 6.2 & patch 6.3 with few added touch.

Basically RTR 6.0 Gold is v6.4 which is the final official version of RTR. RTR Platinum however, is an unofficial conversion of RTR 6 Gold (which were base on RTW 1.2) to be playable with RTW 1.5
    Say: O unbelievers, I serve not what you serve, nor do you serve what I serve, nor shall I serve what you are serving, nor shall you be serving what I serve.
    To you your religion, and to me my religion.

LOL, and someone said modifications were complicated :D.

Platinum is far better than Gold, it's got less bugs and looks better.

In addition to BI, will this work with the Alexander Add-on installed? And if RTR is installed, will BI and Alexander still be playable?
    "I think it was the right decision to disarm Saddam Hussein, and when the President made the decision, I supported him, and I support the fact that we did disarm him." Senator John Kerry, May 4, 2003

"It's the wrong war, in the wrong place at the wrong time." Senator John Kerry, 7 September, 2004

Quote Originally Posted by NimitsTexan
    In addition to BI, will this work with the Alexander Add-on installed? And if RTR is installed, will BI and Alexander still be playable?
    Nope. None of those will work, but you still can play RTRPE with BI 1.6 instead of RTW 1.5 through the -mod: switcher and also with RTW-Alex.exe (sorry forgot how to do it).
    Say: O unbelievers, I serve not what you serve, nor do you serve what I serve, nor shall I serve what you are serving, nor shall you be serving what I serve.

where can i download Rome Total Realism: Platinum Edition from?

Praeparet bellum Member Quillan's Avatar

Installing RTR Platinum Edition 1.5.

Currently, this involves two stages: installing the 1.0 Full release (aka 1.4 beta):
    http://www.rometotalrealism.org/files/RTR_Platinum.exe
    And patching it to 1.5 using the update:
    http://www.beaglepc.net/rome/downloa...v1.5_Patch.exe

Try this.
    Last edited by Quillan; 09-11-2006 at 16:34.
    Age and treachery will defeat youth and skill every time.

so is this the rtr download for rtw:gold edition?

No, Gold Edition (as I understand it) is for RTW v1.2. Platinum Edition is for RTW v1.5.

RaptorJesus Priest Member Sir Dinadan's Avatar

The current version is 1.7 beta for download links look here

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=197

AO Viking's Tactician Member Lucjan's Avatar

Does anyone have a working link to Platinum v1.4. I know it's the outdated version but I need it anyway. Had to wipe my computer and can't find the site I had it from before.

Senior Member Senior Member econ21's Avatar

Lucjan, I guess you have seen this but there are three links in this thread:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=55808

I don't think I'll be able to upload the file - it's enormous.

AO Viking's Tactician Member Lucjan's Avatar

I tried those first, two of them stop at 8%, one of them doesn't even download at all.

But I found one more elsewhere that I'm trying now.

I think I can proudly claim two titles now.
    Youngest Consul, and Most Troublesome Consul.

the filefront link they have doesnt work for the full install, filefront doesnt have it, and they list no other host

woops i guess 1.8 is out, might wanna change these links the org is giving out
    Last edited by Callahan9119; 03-23-2007 at 14:39.
    And when the brazen cry of achilles
    Was heard among the trojans, all their hearts
    Were troubled, and the full-maned horses whirled
    The chariots backward, knowing griefs at hand...

DO NOT DOWNLOAD IT RUINS YOUR GAME.

And theres no factiondepth with only 10 units per faction

I was able to find and download the 1.8 version of this MOD. I love it overall. I played alittle here and there and was enjoying it. Then the other day I had like a whole day to play and I had a few CTDs but nothing bad, as I would reload the campaign and it would work. Then after playing like 6 hrs straight and countless turns it CTD'd and nothing could save me. My save, the autosave would just crash during the AI turn and I lost all that time. I got frustrated and didn't play anymore for a few days and then started up a new one today. Got about 25 turns in and same thing. Clicked to execute my turn and it immediately CTD'd and nothing can get around it. I have showerr set but there is no message since it just goes to desktop. I'd love to provide some helpful data, but I don't have anything to go on. So it's back to the standard campaign which I don't like that much but at least it works.

Quote Originally Posted by s_tabikha
    DO NOT DOWNLOAD IT RUINS YOUR GAME.

And theres no factiondepth with only 10 units per faction
    Funny that I've counted nearly 100 unit type for the Roman only....

I am having problems. I have followed instructions on how to install this if you have RTW: Gold Edition. It all seemed to have worked fine, it loaded OK and got onto the menu ect.

But when i try to start a battle or campaign, the game just quits itself? Please help, i really want to play this!!!
    Last edited by Azog 150; 06-06-2007 at 16:46.

Finder of Little Oddities Senior Member Makanyane's Avatar

@Azog 150
    the most usual problem for people using the Gold edition is that they assumed they are patched to 1.5 whereas not all Gold versions actually are, if you have Gold on two CD's apparently loading the BI disc can downgrade RTW to 1.3! Go into options screen and see what number in top right hand corner is to check yours.

If that isn't the problem you'll might have more luck asking in RTRPE's own forum, whilst their site is down that is effectively:

@LestaT
    the link from first post in this thread goes to https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=63789
    which doesn't seem to have an up-to-date link to DL on it (unless I'm missing something) could you update top post in that thread to give v1.8 mod-folder version info or whatever links the team want used? Or if the DL section here is meant to link to different thread please say which and I'll see if I can find someone to fix it.

@s_tabikha, RTRPE is a very popular modification with a large and committed fan base, it may not suit your personal preferences but that isn't really a reason to advise others not to download it!
    Not used mods before? Looking for something small and fun?!
    Download the:

Thanks, Ill have check, and try the other forums.

Thanks for the help

Quote Originally Posted by Makanyane
    @LestaT
    the link from first post in this thread goes to https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=63789
    which doesn't seem to have an up-to-date link to DL on it (unless I'm missing something) could you update top post in that thread to give v1.8 mod-folder version info or whatever links the team want used? Or if the DL section here is meant to link to different thread please say which and I'll see if I can find someone to fix it.
    Since RTR forum is down, here's the link for RTRPE sub-forum at twcenter

p/s: I can't edit Ryman's post and he's been missing lately.....

RTR, AtB-EB member Member svramj's Avatar

Lightbulb Re: Rome Total Realism: Platinum Edition (06/06/06)

EuroAsia Total Realism 0.1 for RTR 1.9

A Mod for RTRPE 1.9

This Mod adds a New Faction the Mauriyan Empire in Indian regions. And some changes to Roman Names using the Roman Cognomen Mod for RTR Platinum, also makes use of the 4 turns per year system. Enhanced Gloss Textures for all units

This is just the beginning of this mod. Upcomming Version will add another faction of AlSabyan in Arab region.

Credit Thanks to
    This is my 1st full fledged mod and i thank my fellow modders for helping me

* Macedonn

* Vikranth

and all the others who helped me with this mod.

Changes Made (0.1)
    Added Faction
    Mauriyan Empire (India)
    Units
    Historically accurate Units for Mauriyan Empire

Upcomming Changes (in 0.2)
    Faction Added
    Sabyan (Arab) uses Arab AORs as standard recruitable units

Links

1. http://www.twcenter.net/forums/downl...=1557&act=down
    2. http://dodownload.filefront.com/8319...c8707b7271a0b3

Is it normal that all ships have only 10 men and that the Romans have no archers in RTR plat. edition or did I screw up something ?

Savaran Commander Member Hound of Ulster's Avatar

both of the the installers that RTR's site links to for regular RTRP don't work for some reason. The modswitch installer does work however. The FileFront installer works, but when you try to start a campaign, it CTD's. The BeaglePC won't even install, with my computer saying it was corrupted or damaged.

The non modswitch installers may need to be re-uploaded.
    'Only the Dead Have Seen the End of War' Plato

'Ar nDuctas' O'Dougherty clan motto

'In Peace, sons bury thier fathers; In War, fathers bury thier sons' Thucydides

'Forth Eorlingas!' motto of the Riders of Rohan

'dammit, In for a Penny, In for a Pound!' the Duke of Wellington

The Aspiring God Of War Member Lysander13's Avatar
    Leading the assault against the Gods at Mount Olympos itself.

You may want to give them a try over at TWC. RTR is more active over there, than it is here at the org.
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=26

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast