Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Blue Lotus Open Beta

hello to you all! Member Samurai Fanatic's Avatar

Default Re: Blue Lotus Open Beta

A new mirror? Brilliant! I will be able to download it finally and fully cause the lords one just was crap.
    1000 warriors is the start of a great empire

Senior Member Senior Member hoggy's Avatar

Cheers General Sun, can you post the link here when it's up. It'll really help us out.

EB fanboy Member The_White_Knight's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by saulot333
    Go to the data folder, open descr_model_battle, look at the huge list of units. Delete all " ; " before lines which say model_sprite etc. LEAVE THE CHINESE HEAVY SPEARMAN WITHOUT SPRITES, CTDS if you don't
    Thank you! I'll test that immediately and see if it improves my framerate.

Question Re: Blue Lotus Open Beta

Hi Hoggy and team, at first i have to say that this mod is one of my most wanted mods since i saw the first screenshots long ago! And i am very happy that i have now the chance to try it out, BUT

i am no newbie in installation of mods, i am coding for myself for a long time but i cant get this fantastic mod to run. I followed the instructions completely, but when i start the game it goes to the 1rst blue lotus loading screen and when the bar comes to the middle it crashes.
    I am using the -show err command but i cant get back to the desktop so i cant say if there is an error message or not. A complete restart of my computer ist nessesary.

Again thanks for this fantastic looking mod

Quote Originally Posted by Frost
    Hi Hoggy and team, at first i have to say that this mod is one of my most wanted mods since i saw the first screenshots long ago! And i am very happy that i have now the chance to try it out, BUT

i am no newbie in installation of mods, i am coding for myself for a long time but i cant get this fantastic mod to run. I followed the instructions completely, but when i start the game it goes to the 1rst blue lotus loading screen and when the bar comes to the middle it crashes.
    I am using the -show err command but i cant get back to the desktop so i cant say if there is an error message or not. A complete restart of my computer ist nessesary.

I was getting this at first, turned out I didn't have the additional Music files installed properly.

to sad, but i left the additionell music out of my last installation so this can't be the source of the error, but now i have been able to take a short look on the error message, something like protection error?!

any idea?

Quote Originally Posted by Frost

Gah, sorry. I don't know mate. You're definitely installing onto a clean version of RTW 1.5 not BI? It can't be the mod by simple elimination as other people haven't had the problem. Try again?

I definitely installed onto a clean version of RTW 1.5, two times.
    With deleting all old files etc... reinstalling, patching up etc...,
    but now i had short look on something like protection error, seems to me that some other program maybe the troublemaker, i try some other way.

ok, for the protocol, i found the source of the damned protection error, it was nero (nomen et omen) burningprogram which did some weird debugging thing with my BL-RTW installation, uninstalled nero et voila....

and now lets the party begin!

Sorry I had to go to sleep last night, and today the second I woke up I finished the upload.

http://www.generalscollective.com/do...iles.php?cat=3

Thankyou!!!!!!!!! Thankyou!!!!!!!!!!!! Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cant wait to try it, LH... a question tho... I followed all the steps, and I get a CTD. I am launching using the Rome exe, and I get to that very first credits/copyright screen, and then CTD. Am I doing something wrong I assume?

I didnt install the music... will that cause a CTD at the first load screen? Keep in mind, I keep getting the Rome screen, not a BL one...

Musics installed or Not don't cause CTD.

Have you moved the DATA folder made with the extractor tool to your Rome TW root folder ?

Have you renamed the paks files in the Data/packs folder?

Yup, did both... lemme check again, see if I did something wrong:(

General Sun's and Urke's Mirror links added to main post now. Cheers to both of them for their support.

so did ya want me to mirror it?

and create a small EXE installer?

Lord Ashram

I was getting a similar CTD because I didn't wait for xpak to extract all the paks (there was a long wait after one of them and I assumed it had finished extracting and closed xpak , Hoggy did say it takes a while in the readme ).

btw the RTW copyright screen is right, I think this is the only vanilla screen left in BL.

Hoggy, Don't know if its been mentioned already (to busy to read the whole thread...I hate work) but CA\SEGA seem to have chnged their website so the links for the patches mentioned on the first post don't work any more..the RTW patches can now all be found here:
    http://www.totalwar.com/index.html?p...l&nav=/en/8/1/

You're welcome guys, but hoggy your first post link to my site doesn't work. You can't copy the shortened link that way, click on the link, then copy and paste the full url, and on the forum it'll show the shortened version.

Frightens enemy infantry. Member Meothar's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Marcvs Traianvs
    so did ya want me to mirror it?

and create a small EXE installer?
    Yes, I need an intaller because I'm much too stupid to do it the way this mod needs to (yes, I have tried).

want it to be any version of rome complient?

Why are you really lazy?
    Do not think...feeeeeeeeeel, it is like a finger pointing up at the moon...DO NOT stare at the finger, or you will miss alllllll the heavenly beauty!
    Bruce Lee, Enter the Dragon

Hm, I was pretty sure I allowed them to unpack fully, but I'll give that another try.

Quote Originally Posted by Perplexed
    Just one question: Do I need WinRar to install this, and if I do, then can someone give me a download link?
    Does my question fall on deaf ears, or am i missing something?

Rarlabs.com

edit: here's a better link. google.com

Give a man a fish feed him for a week, teach the man how to fish feed him for a lifetime.

Quote Originally Posted by General_Sun
    Rarlabs.com

edit: here's a better link. google.com

Give a man a fish feed him for a week, teach the man how to fish feed him for a lifetime.
    I really needed that philosophical chastisement . Thanks anyway.

Okay, something has gone horribly wrong with my installation.

I followed all the instructions set out, with a perfectly clean 1.3 -> 1.5 modded vanilla RTW, and when I start the game the vanilla intro movie plays, etc. and i come to the first BL screen with its little loading bar. Now this is when the weird crap starts to happen. I have a few seconds to look at the loading screen (sometimes the bar fills halfway and sometimes it just stays empty) and then the monitor goes black, and I start hearing inexplicable sounds of grunting elephants and screaming men in the background. The blackness is actually broken occasionally, and I can see the loading bar filling up, but it always disappears after a second or two and when it reappears it starts again at the beginning (it never fills up entirely). Sometimes I can see bits of my desktop as well. I can ctrl+alt+del whenever I want and the task manager says the program is running normally, but obviously it isn't and I was wondering if anyone could help me with this? I'm going insane.

*edit*
    Another funny thing is that when I have gone into the task manager, I can actually hear coherent music (it sounds nice), while when I'm in the program all I can hear are those hideous grunts and shrieks.
    Last edited by Perplexed; 06-16-2006 at 04:45.

Frightens enemy infantry. Member Meothar's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Marcvs Traianvs
    want it to be any version of rome complient?
    Doesn't matter, but an installer would be useful anyway because many people have problems installing.

okay the installer is done, this is bigger - but it includes:

-stuff to make it compliant with whatever vanilla you have installed (and probaby some mods) thats 1.0 , 1.2 , 1.3 , (1.4? - not sure if this is RTW or BI) and 1.5:

- Blue Lotus Open Beta
    - Blue Lotus Patch
    - Blue Lotus Music Pack

So if someone could volouteer to test this installer on an unmodded RTW (any version wiil do, then please pm me and ill tell you how to get it!

-Marcvs

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast