Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Blue Lotus Open Beta

Kanto Kanrei Member Marshal Murat's Avatar

Default Re: Blue Lotus Open Beta

I downloaded the Beta, and extracted all files except for the Data. When I extract, my comp restarts.
    "Nietzsche is dead" - God

"I agree, although I support China I support anyone discovering things for Science and humanity." - lenin96

Re: Pursuit of happiness
    Have you just been dumped?

I ask because it's usually something like that which causes outbursts like this, needless to say I dissagree completely.

okay the installer is done, this is bigger (circa 275MB) - but it includes:

-stuff to make it compliant with whatever vanilla you have installed (and probaby some mods) thats 1.0 , 1.2 , 1.3 , (1.4? - not sure if this is RTW or BI) and 1.5:

- Blue Lotus Open Beta
    - Blue Lotus Patch
    - Blue Lotus Music Pack

So if someone could volouteer to test this installer on an unmodded RTW (any version wiil do, then please pm me and ill tell you how to get it!

-Marcvs

Member Member King of the dutch's Avatar

Sure i will do it. I have a clean BI version. Is that ok?

lemme know

grtz kod

I have an error. I'm missing a file. I have bi installed.

https://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i...tch/error2.jpg

Could anyone help.
    Last edited by King of the dutch; 06-17-2006 at 11:34.

You think there will be any problems created with those with the new Alexander add on? Not that I mind... I'm willing to uninstall everything but vanilla to play this. :\

Kanto Kanrei Member Marshal Murat's Avatar

I'll do it, got BI as well.
    I uninstalled BI, and installed the installer, it shutdown my comp. and I'm missing an animation file.
    Last edited by Marshal Murat; 06-18-2006 at 15:38.
    "Nietzsche is dead" - God

"I agree, although I support China I support anyone discovering things for Science and humanity." - lenin96

Re: Pursuit of happiness
    Have you just been dumped?

I ask because it's usually something like that which causes outbursts like this, needless to say I dissagree completely.

Quote Originally Posted by Ranbir
    You think there will be any problems created with those with the new Alexander add on? Not that I mind... I'm willing to uninstall everything but vanilla to play this. :\
    nope.

Tested it the other day. Alexander just adds a file into the root just like bi does. works fine for me, anyway

hi im having a shitload of trouble with WinAce, trying to extract data folder in the 1.0 beta download, however it keeps bloody locking up. i give up after 25min of waiting each time
    other .rar files work fine, but this one just keeps locking up, its pissed me off to tears, i seriously cried over the 4 hours lost to trying to make this stupid program unpack the beta-data folder.
    can you please tell me where i can get a winzip file or someshit to make the pain go away?

Try using Winrar maybe that works.

Quote Originally Posted by King of the dutch
    I have an error. I'm missing a file. I have bi installed.

https://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i...tch/error2.jpg

Could anyone help.
    Hello im very new to the forums. but i am also having the same error message as King of the dutch. I used the regualr installing methods on page one I did everything correctly but seems when i double click on the RTW icon to launch game it goes to the next screen and give me the same msg King is having. Can someone please help me and King. thank u

I get the same missing file as king and last to serve
    Im doing a complete reinstall of RTW and BL and hoping for the best
    I already tried a new BL install but nothing new
    here's hoping for the best

I HAVE also triend uninstalling RTW and reinstalling but I keep gettin the same thing. so WHAT can we do can you technical people help us out? Im sure we all really wanna experince this game

Hey everybody, new here, so sorry if i sounds naive, but ive followed the instructions(i think) and correct me if im wrong, please, but arent you supposed to delete all the other files that RTW had in vanilla? And then replace them with the BL files? If ive done it correct up to here, I have a slight problem, when i try to run the game, instead of a CTD i get an error that says "Failed to initialise 3D audio!" i have installed the music if that has anything to do with it? Help is greatly appreciated.
    Game Blouses.

No, don't delete anything. Try again without deleting and see if there is still a problem. Hopefully not.

I tried another full install and still get the same error as king and last to serve

Quote Originally Posted by Ranbir
    No, don't delete anything. Try again without deleting and see if there is still a problem. Hopefully not.
    Thank you very much, sir.
    Game Blouses.

Anybody?

King to fix your problem i got help... put the data folder. in the same place as the data folder for RTW.. dont put it over it just put it beside it and then it will ask to overwrite. worked for me and the games awsome... except the japs low moral...

yo im having problems i installed the music patch right but... when i go to load the game it stalls on the loading bar and freezes.. i had to take out the music file to play.... any ideas on what i might of done wrong with the music file?

Grandmaster of the Temple Member Martimus's Avatar

Is 1.3 necessary ? For some reason I get a strange error message whenever I try to run the setup for it, it says delete your temp folder (which i've done) check your internet connection (it's working) and close all programs (which I have also done) i've never received this error message before, it's very strange.

Is there any way of bypassing 1.3 ? I've been following this mod's progress for over a year
    and this is a real bummer for me.

Im not sure if this will help but for 1.3 i always had to repair instead of modify.. maybe that will help..

Grandmaster of the Temple Member Martimus's Avatar

I got the problem sorted out after searching some forums, a few others got the same problem, so i'll post the link to the instructions on how to fix the problem here: http://p223.ezboard.com/fshoguntotal...picID=31.topic
    Last edited by Martimus; 06-21-2006 at 08:28.

Not sure if its supposed to have the regular RTW screen when u first enter the program, but after that it just CTDs, yes i am using -show_err
    Game Blouses.

ya ur supposed to see that ROME TOTAL WAR logo thing when u start loading the game up but after the intro and stuff it goes to blue lotus. i have no idea why u CTD tho :/

anybody?
    Game Blouses.

Hello people,
    I'm new here. :)
    I really like this mod. The unit models are very nice and I like the feel of playing total war with an oriental feel. Thank you modders.
    I downloaded the beta and installed it accordingly after 1.3 and 1.5 patch.
    patch up data with the Blue lotus, music addons, patch to latest fix.
    I get a CTD whenever I play the Akagi clan and Zhuanshi kingdom after 2 to 3 turns. Sometimes after the first turn, CTD! Especially when AI rebels turn, it CTD. Anyone can help? I can never play the game for more than 5 mins and then CTD. It is getting frustrating I must say having to restart over again and then when I make another different move, I get a CTD again.
    Did I miss anything in the install??
    Appreciate if anyone can help. thanks advance.
    Oh, I'm not complaining, I know it's a beta and the modders who did this are really great people. It's the best Mod for RTW besides RTR 6 gold.
    I would just like to try out this beta.

Arrogant Ashigaru Moderator Ludens's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Lightbulb Re: Blue Lotus Open Beta

Quote Originally Posted by Frost
    ok, for the protocol, i found the source of the damned protection error, it was nero (nomen et omen) burningprogram which did some weird debugging thing with my BL-RTW installation, uninstalled nero et voila....

and now lets the party begin!
    I've had an identical error: game loads to 80% and then stops. I deinstalled Nero, but that didn't work. Any idea what is causing this?
    Looking for a good read? Visit the Library!

Quote Originally Posted by Ludens
    I've had an identical error: game loads to 80% and then stops. I deinstalled Nero, but that didn't work. Any idea what is causing this?
    I have Nero installed and I can load my BL w/o problem. I think it's not with Nero.
    However in the beginning, I did have BL load at 80%+ and nothing happened.
    Later I realised that it was the music that BL was looking for.
    I suggest do not install the music addons and use the default and see if it load alright. Hope this help. :)
    After I got the BL to load and run, I then added the whole folder "music" into the sound folder and renamed the music.dat,
    done! new music added.
    best

sadly my beta game still CTD on me every 4 to 5 turns and I have to restart and make a different approach. :(

Quote Originally Posted by neumonic
    Hello people,
    I'm new here. :)
    I really like this mod. The unit models are very nice and I like the feel of playing total war with an oriental feel. Thank you modders.
    I downloaded the beta and installed it accordingly after 1.3 and 1.5 patch.
    patch up data with the Blue lotus, music addons, patch to latest fix.
    I get a CTD whenever I play the Akagi clan and Zhuanshi kingdom after 2 to 3 turns. Sometimes after the first turn, CTD! Especially when AI rebels turn, it CTD. Anyone can help? I can never play the game for more than 5 mins and then CTD. It is getting frustrating I must say having to restart over again and then when I make another different move, I get a CTD again.
    Did I miss anything in the install??
    Appreciate if anyone can help. thanks advance.
    Oh, I'm not complaining, I know it's a beta and the modders who did this are really great people. It's the best Mod for RTW besides RTR 6 gold.
    I would just like to try out this beta.

thats why its important to save before each turn... they even stated that AI bugs make it ctd during their turns......
    [GG]CountFlip
    Grenadier Guards an NTW 2 Clan

Quote Originally Posted by flipnation21
    thats why its important to save before each turn... they even stated that AI bugs make it ctd during their turns......
    Hi, thanks for the reminder, but I'm actually aware of the warning on BL beta.
    yes they did say Ai crashes on turns.
    I thought I didn't installed it properly therefore post here to ask. I did patch to 1.2, then 1.3 and finally 1.5. Took the time to re-install a clean version 1.0, this time only patch 1.3 then 1.5. well the results are the same. Try playing the Khan, on the first turn it crashes.
    No complaints, I'll be waiting for the final release. Thanks though.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast