Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Blue Lotus open beta bugs here:

Default Re: Blue Lotus open beta bugs here:

Noticed a model error on the Yari Samurai and regular samurai. Their feet seem to be skinned wrong. Part of the right foot moves with the left. Weird thing is when I take a screen shot the problem disappears which means its a lower LOD model problem (not the high model) and I thought that you hadn't inlcuded LOD models. Also, there seems to be an issue with the lion rebel cavalry, half of their spear is alpha'd out.
    Last edited by caius britannicus; 06-15-2006 at 02:42.
    Creator of The Crusades a complete modification for Barbarian Invasion
    Can a man love a mod? No, probably not. But here, at The Crusades, we believe in unnatural loves stories!

Hey Caius, aren't you supposed to be working on The Crusades? Stop playing BL at once!

But anyway, I've noticed the same thing; but it only seems to happen when I'm playing with unit detail settings set to 'highest'. If I drop it down to high, which is the same thing visually, it seems to work ok again... at the least, I haven't been able to spot the glitch since I switched to 'high' unit detail settings.

Maybe it's just my game version, but clicking on, or trying to lay seige to 'Huang Ping' causes a CTD. Might want to check this out.

Last edited by Asean; 06-15-2006 at 08:22.

Things i noticed:

I can't play as the Indians in the campaign! Every time i try, it crashes.

When i played the custom battles, as i zoomed out, demon units turned blue (i wish i got a screen shot).

One of the demon units (the four armed demon) is simply named "shiva." Might want to change that. If you are looking to tie that unit to a indian mythological god, try Kali. In fact, "asura" would be good, as it is the indian word for "demon." In fact, if you want a word for "four armed demon," try "chatur hasta asura" or something like that. Shiva, as dipicted by indians, looks nothing like that.

[edit] ok, so all my factions crash when i try playing them in campaign. i think a re-install is in order for me.
    Last edited by AlokaParyetra; 06-15-2006 at 18:16.

Everytime I try to attack the Yomi Empire, I get a CTD (i'm playing as Zhuanshi)

GAH!, I just won an outnumbered battle to take a city, took the city but when I clicked on "Exterminate populace" the damn thing CTDed!!!

It was at the Khazari capital city
    "This is a-radi-hi-iiic-ulous"-Zeek

Quote Originally Posted by PROMETHEUS
    Dunno if this has been told but the guys in rebel armies with the arrow on the arrmours project weird shadows all over the place , dunno what's that caused by ....
    I'm getting this with the undead samurai - weird thin brown lines extend from their unit in a cone shape, converging on the centre of my screen - most off-putting! It doessn't matter what detail setting I put the units on. I'm running a Radeon 9800Pro with the latest drivers, in case that helps.

The unlocalised unit placement rebels mentioned earlier are a unit of lion cavalry - not the regular sized one, seems to be the same size as the general bodyguard unit, but it's not a family member as they appear correctly.

The monks have the grey peasant icon for their catapult and cannon units.

I'm getting the CTD with clicking on any Demon city as mentioned by various folks.

Not at all bad for a beta! Now there's an understatement...

Demon cities, same here, i'm playing as Krishnapur, 2 yomi-cities rebelled and turned to my side, are now INDIAN-cities, but when i try to click on them: CTD. I don't know if it is of interest but the cities were Makar and Sind.

The indian chariots have no roofs if you look from downstairs.

Random CTD's when i try to go in battle (different oponents), after reloading no CTD.

Several original Rebel-cities don't show proper ui-cards, only the grey peasant, while there are mixed units, animal guys, and/or warriors from other cultures.

above that, i love this mod! (maybe a future addon with arabs, a bit like thief of bagdad style..... )

I reinstalled a fresh RTW and then installed 1.3+1.5+BL and that cut down dramatically on my CTDs.

here is some other things i found.

Akagi clan color in the clan selection at the start of the campaign is the same as the tan of the rest of the map..

I had a problem of not being able to turn of shadows.

besides these small things the mod is a dream.. Very cool idea.
    Last edited by BlorkTheImpaler; 06-16-2006 at 19:24.

After I've downloaded it, I pressed 'open' and this message came up:

"Windows cannot open this file: BLUE_LOTUS_MUSIC.rar"

"To open this file, windows needs to know what program created it. Windows can go online to look it up automatically, or you can manually select from a list of programs on your computer. What do you want to do?"

This has happened to me before, but the files I downloaded I never really cared about enought to find out what the problem was. But I can't live without this BL!

Kanto Kanrei Member Marshal Murat's Avatar

My ITEMS file fails to completely load, and I CTD at the end of turn 1.
    "Nietzsche is dead" - God

"I agree, although I support China I support anyone discovering things for Science and humanity." - lenin96

Re: Pursuit of happiness
    Have you just been dumped?

I ask because it's usually something like that which causes outbursts like this, needless to say I dissagree completely.

Quote Originally Posted by big_feef
    Hey Caius, aren't you supposed to be working on The Crusades? Stop playing BL at once!
    Sorry, the modding community is closed for a while - we've all been waiting for this one!

Quote Originally Posted by Zaitochi
    I'm getting this with the undead samurai - weird thin brown lines extend from their unit in a cone shape, converging on the centre of my screen - most off-putting! It doessn't matter what detail setting I put the units on. I'm running a Radeon 9800Pro with the latest drivers, in case that helps.
    For hoggy's reference, the solution to this problem is here:
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=64610
    ve
    Quote Originally Posted by BlorktheImpaler
    1. When i played the demons i faced crashes every 2 to 3 turns, This i think is related to the AI issue. This must be some how fixed.. it really frustrates me to play this excellent mod.
    2. Also create sprites for all the units from a far distance.. when i play with 2500+ units the lag gets unbearable. This really needs to be fixed.
    I've found the demons actually very stable - I've had no CTDs with them. Maybe it's something to do with the fact that I'm not recruiting and have almost all cities on automanage.

Also, I've had no trouble with lag - actually I was surprised at how smooth it was.

Quote Originally Posted by richwkc
    and the monks got eliminated in 257 BC!? may be pirates landed on the island and took them out???
    More likely that their last character died.
    Epistolary Richard's modding Rules of Cool
    Cool modders make their mods with the :mod command line switch
    If they don't, then Cool mod-users use the Mod Enabler (JSGME)
    Cool modders use show_err
    Cool modders use the tutorials database Cool modders check out the Welcome to the Modding Forums! thread Cool modders keep backups Cool modders help each other out

I get that basic run of the mill, exe error when doing a turn change. I have a sneaking suspicion that turning off automanagement of settlements may have some influence. I'll have to see it for more than just two crashes.

AO Viking's Tactician Member Lucjan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jahangir
    After I've downloaded it, I pressed 'open' and this message came up:

"Windows cannot open this file: BLUE_LOTUS_MUSIC.rar"

"To open this file, windows needs to know what program created it. Windows can go online to look it up automatically, or you can manually select from a list of programs on your computer. What do you want to do?"

This has happened to me before, but the files I downloaded I never really cared about enought to find out what the problem was. But I can't live without this BL!

You can't open it because it's not an exe file and windows for some reason won't recognize it as a typical unzip file. Here's what you need to do..

Go here
    http://www.7-zip.org/
    Download and install it, then when you open it from your start menu, find and extract the the music file then follow the directions it gives you in the readme.

Seii Taishōgun 征夷大将軍 Member PROMETHEUS's Avatar

Haven't read other posts , but I signal a bug on sieging the demons cities .... it ctds every time ...

Creator of Ran no Jidai mod
    Creator of Res Gestae
    Original Creator of severall add ons on RTW from grass to textures and Roman Legions
    Oblivion Modder- DUNE creator
    Fallout 3 Modder
    Best modder , skinner , modeler awards winner.

VIS ET HONOR

Come to daddy Member Geoffrey S's Avatar

I've had it crash on either the first or second turn each time I've tried (four times), so I'll probably wait for a more stable release. What I saw looks great though!

One question I do have, how should I play custom battles? Most maps I try to play are in the middle of the ocean, leading to my armies drowning instantly. I was wondering if I'd installed badly or something.
    "The facts of history cannot be purely objective, since they become facts of history only in virtue of the significance attached to them by the historian." E.H. Carr

I noticed that about most of the lowland custom maps..so I just play on the Scottish Highlands all the time. lol. It doesn't have that problem and it's not covered in forests.

Come to daddy Member Geoffrey S's Avatar

Cheers, when I've got time I'll give that one a go.
    "The facts of history cannot be purely objective, since they become facts of history only in virtue of the significance attached to them by the historian." E.H. Carr

Not sure if this is a bug or not, but the Yuwan capitol of Tian Hai seems to be landlocked. I built roads, but I still can't seem to move any land troops out of a small radius around the city.

oops, found the way out through the mountain path to the north.

nevermind...

I've noticted CTD, when I do anything in Huang-Ping.
    It was the same with Khalka, but after I use small patch to the mod, it's working fine I hope.

Monks got no small pictures - I checked them and lost my 2 full stack armies :)

I have small problem with the Great Wall - sometime it's impossible to direct units near it, use road parallel to it etc.

I got one CTD at the beggining - I think monks caused it, but next turn (or maybe a little bit after) were collapsed (by rebels???), and it was the end of CTD during AI turn.

And the strangest thing to me:
    - main menu is working very slowly, much much worse than battle with 5000 soldiers!
    - if I don't start loading the game or brand new game, after a 2-5 minutes I got error and need to restart the game.

---

BTW, when I first I saw information about Blue Lotus, I though "why this Hoggy, with his skill and imagination, cannot finish and glance the LOTR mod or Shogun mod on RTW? Mythology mod - strange idea, and waste of time and talent". Now I suppose it could be one of the best mod - map and strategic issues could give a challenge, an atmosphere of BL is awesome, and now because of it's addictivness I have problems with my boss.
    Excellent work, Hoggy and The Team! Chapaux bas!
    Many thanks!

Very good mod (even in beta), here's some bug-feedback:

The mercenary_goguryo_cavalry fails to load for manual battle and causes CTD, but the goguryo_cavalry do not.
    I've tested all choson units and mercenaries with various rebels and japanese armies, but it does only occur when the mercenary_goguryo_cavalry took part in the battle.

I can confirm a CTD by clicking on most of the Yomi cities while playing as an opposing faction.
    However this CTD seems not to happen on the newer conquered cities and it neither happen while playing Yomi in an early stadium, so I suggest its one/some of the later Yomi buildings.

The choson scouts seems to stand on their horses if watched from a middle camera distance.

Quote Originally Posted by Epistolary Richard
    Sorry, the modding community is closed for a while - we've all been waiting for this one!
    Now you've played a couple of days. Shoo shoo - go back to work modders, we're waiting on YOUR great stuff also.

@ uksiu:
    If you experience real problems with the menu, I would recommend to start the game with an " -nm" (without the " of course) added to the target path of your desktop symbol, you will have no intro movies and the background is the one from vanilla rome.
    The negative effect would be the loss of this awesome background.

EB fanboy Member The_White_Knight's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlorkTheImpaler
    so how do you exactly get rid of the monks?
    Take a back-up of descr_strat.txt in Rome - Total War/Data/World/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign

Search for
    Code:
    faction	romans_julii, comfortable caesar
    ;superfaction romans_senate
    denari	10000
    settlement
    {
    	level large_town
    	region Padma_Provence
    And remove everything starting with the bolded "settlement" (see above) up until you reach
    Code:
    faction	romans_brutii, balanced stalin
    denari	5000
    The result should look like this
    Code:
    faction	romans_julii, comfortable caesar
    denari	10000

faction	romans_brutii, balanced stalin
    denari	5000
    And gone are those random CTD's (not all of them though).

The Choson have 3 faction leaders: The father, the middle and the youngest son, while the eldest son is correctly assigned faction heir.

Playing as Akagi, and get CTD everytime I click on or attack a Yomi empire city.

Thanks for an otherwise wonderful mod btw!

Quote Originally Posted by Snarkfarfar
    Playing as Akagi, and get CTD everytime I click on or attack a Yomi empire city.

Thanks for an otherwise wonderful mod btw!
    I had the same problem too but only without the chance to do any aggressive attacks at all, I CTD.
    CTD also with playing the Zhuanshi Kingdom as well, very frequent CTD when dealing with Choson Kingdom. I hope the good modders fix them.
    My last attempt to play was with the Indians, the unit's models were very nice and impressive. I didn't know eastern units can be so attractive as well. Unfortunately, after a battle and 2 turns I CTD! Restarting the game and CTD tires me so I ended the game.
    But still Two thumbs up for this mod. It's great!!

I have a game running now for 20 odd years (maybe slightly less). As others have found, once the monk team was eliminated my endturn CTD problems have gone. I've had atleast 30 straight turns without a single crash. I haven't bumped into the Yomi though, so time will tell if that CTD's me.

One slight problem I have noticed as the northern Japanese faction is that their capitol province (the farthest NE province in the game map) has a port that doesnt trade with any other ports. I dont know what the reason is, because I own all the other nearby places and they have functional trading ports. Its just that this place doesnt. Seems like a bit of a waste of money to me then. Perhaps moving the port place slightly further south, and closer to the rest of the ports would help fix this.

Also, as I have mentioned in a different topic, the growth rates for the Japanese factions (and the Chinese ones I have heard too) seem too high. Currently, 40 odd turns into the game, I have about 9 provinces, but am making barely 1500 a turn before construction/training, with only a mercenary-free halfstack for a standing army. The incessant need to build another unit of peasants in every city every second turn is becoming a pain. Some cities have hit 25000+ population, on very-high tax, and with a current growth rate of +2.5%. This is frankly unsustaneable. I think that perhaps the base growthrates of the provinces should be lowered slightly, or perhaps more non-growth increasing happiness buildings could be added to those factions.

I made a fresh install of RTW, installed BI to patch it to 1.5, then followed the instructions. After that I installed the patch and Lucjan's fix file.

Custom battles work okay, but when I try to run the campaign, the only factions listed as playable are three monk factions (IE, the factions corresponding to julii, brutii, scipii), and the CTD's when I try to use them. I get the feeling there's a very simple fix to this problem, but I can't figure it out for myself.

There's also a very simple way to stop a good portion of the ctd's that occur early in the game. Decreasing the frequency of pirate and rebel units showing up stops a good portion of the early game ctd's on the rebel and monk turns.

EB fanboy Member The_White_Knight's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Eldrahan
    I made a fresh install of RTW, installed BI to patch it to 1.5, then followed the instructions. After that I installed the patch and Lucjan's fix file.

Custom battles work okay, but when I try to run the campaign, the only factions listed as playable are three monk factions (IE, the factions corresponding to julii, brutii, scipii), and the CTD's when I try to use them. I get the feeling there's a very simple fix to this problem, but I can't figure it out for myself.
    Hmm, odd. Notice that you don't patch RTW to 1.5 by installing BI, I'd believe it patches RTW to 1.3. (Unless you've got a revised version recently or something similar). At least, that's my guess (haven't got BI)

Furthermore, the fact that only Roman factions are present suggests you've still got a vanilla descr_strat. Are you sure you correctly installed BL's one?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast