Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: General comments and praise

Default Re: General comments and praise

I just love this mod in general. Takes place in Asia, music is great, units are fantastic, concept art is great and my favorite part, it doesen't have to follow strict historic rules. Mythology is so much cooler anyways :p

This is the kind of mod I've always wanted and the genius team granted it, I have to thank you guys. Awesome awesome job, I can't wait for later versions and I will follow this mod until the end of time.

Thanks.

AO Viking's Tactician Member Lucjan's Avatar

To add to everybody else's praise..

Hoggy and his team have clearly created something of a wonder.
    Keep up the absolutely incredible work.

Yerp.

I gotta say. Just downloaded and played it. Wow.

I got shivers when playing as Demons sending my army in one roiling devastating wave into the enemy. Oh boy do I anticipate some fun playing against them.

I usually don't like mods. I like to be immersed in games, and many betas released feature to many missing unit icons or descriptions for this to work.

But this Beta has it all. I started out as the Akiga samurai (even though I loathe samurai) to show my friend, who is a big samurai freak. And I liked the way the mod was structured. It was all fiction, based on facts. I mean, the kamikaze unit itself is nonsense but it brings another level to the faction.

And add to that, the beta is the most complete I've ever seen! Almost no missing unit icons, I've yet to see a missing description, there's a new interface and everything. Great work, really great work! I'm looking forward to playing with the chinese after this, or maybe the Choson. I'll give those blasted Samurai a run for their money...

Best mod yet. Definetly.

AO Viking's Tactician Member Lucjan's Avatar

The Choson, although having very few unit types, are personally my favorite. The idealism of the farmer state rising to the height of empire pulls me to them.

High rebel spawn rate is due to small map size. You should really pump up rebel and pirates values on the descr_strat.
    Pirates are a MAJOR issue. They have very strong navies and after some years block every port of every faction, eliminating naval trade and keeping money low for small factions. Worse thing is that AI faction never build fleets in order to free their ports...solution: 99 pirates spawn value ;)

brigand_spawn_value 10
    pirate_spawn_value 28

so to change both those values to 99, would completly stop all spawning of rebels/pirates right?
    and to put them on 85 would just make them less likely?

i ask because one of those rebels laid seige to one of my cities and the game CTDd, but it didnt happen when a rebel named character did it, so i think its the unit with the displacement text in it causing the ctd, so i wanna play with minimum rebels to see if there are bugs faction vs faction

There is no way to completely eliminate rebels. Even with a 99 value they will still occasionally appear. But the reduction is significant. And if you REALLY hate them you could mod rebel units stats to 1 attack, 0 armour, 1 moral and autoresolve all your battles against them.

Good lord! This is utterly amazing! If you haven't downloaded this mod yet, then what the hell are you waiting for? The sheer beauty and variety is outstanding. You said that this mod was made for a bit of fun - try 'ecstasy and euphoria'!

Now if you just ('just' - ha!) made some new animations, some new buildings, and maybe some fancy AOR system, it would be totally sublime. Oh, and add in a Malaysian faction.

Thank you very much for your hard work Hoggy, your mod is a masterpiece, I am enjoying it a lot, I hope you can fix campaign's ctd soon.

I have been playing as the Indian faction so far on my first VH/VH campaign and I must say it's a blooody handful!

The first thing I noticed to my surprise is that the enemy are bringing full stacks of silver experienced units at me, at quite a hefty volume!

Had to fight against a deamon army that had 4 two silver exp Kappas!

Well I rode those down pretty swift ish of course heh heh :D

But still has anyone else nopticed that the enemy has got seom decent forces going on!?

Right now I have an incoming stack of Japanese who have 5 Units of Naginata! Aswell as the rest, all I have is horse archers, Golden archers and standard sword guys! I am getting my but wipped I bloody love it!

There are a few niggles for me as Indian faction though!

First one being is that to expeand you have to trudge through a hell of a lot of Rebel factions to get to your first 'real' faction!

I recon there is definitley space for say a malaysian faction or something! Maybe this is intentional from Hoggy I am not sure!

Also On Vh/VH I know rebel forces are a bit more frequent but I have got one in my empire at any one time even if I destroy ity in one turn another appears...kinda annoying really!

(I actually have assembled a force of 6 Horse archers and a general to eliminate them all! Quite a lot of fun but they still take heavy losses form the rebel archers ...Gits lol!)
    Do not think...feeeeeeeeeel, it is like a finger pointing up at the moon...DO NOT stare at the finger, or you will miss alllllll the heavenly beauty!
    Bruce Lee, Enter the Dragon

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12