Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: One thing I don't like about this mod.

AO Viking's Tactician Member Lucjan's Avatar

Default Re: One thing I don't like about this mod.

Actually I worked on it a bit more after I had already posted that one. So if want the better one, check the other topic I started.

https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=66037

I ended up working out their mental state with a formula based on the troop catagory, class, training, and grade. It's all explained better in the other topic.

But it works quite nicely. Lesser troops break and run when overpowered by more or better soldiers. Mediocre troops hold their own for a while but they shouldn't be expected to fight for too long without help when outnumbered or outclassed. And your elites will fight long and hard, some of the most crack troops will fight to the last man.

By the way, exactly why does every demon creature cause morale trouble? (If so.). I could easily imagine myself scared pale if confronted with some 100 absolutely creepy Floating Hags, Wang Liang or those Bakemono -bastards, but I'd be less prone to panic and more prone to a respectless little laugh if I was met with for example those ridicolous Basket Ronin, who are not only lesser armed than even the peasantry, but also wearing a spectacular basket on their heads, or the Zombie Ashigaru. I mean, well, zombies in themselves are a scary lot, but not when they are roughly as many as you are, and fight just like normal people, only worse. Plus the fact that these ex-Ashigaru are probably dead for a reason, that reason not being that these guys were the best of fighters in life. They may be ugly, scary, smelly and rotten, but when they also, in effect, are tecnically inferior to even Light Spearmen, I don't see why any of my troops should be the least concerned when facing them.

Oh, and by the way, I redid the unit morale levels manually a few days ago the way maxpriest did, that is, added 10 to every unit, and it didn't take that long at all. Anyways, I'll just be downloading Lucjan's file now. That is, like maxpriest said, exactly how much did you add to the morale?

AO Viking's Tactician Member Lucjan's Avatar

Depending on the original number and how the formula, explained in the topic, works out in comparison to that, anywhere between 1 and 10, it's individually worked out for each unit.

To give you an idea of the range the units fall under according to their skill, the worst units morale wise were the chakra throwers and kappa archers with 9. And the best unit (non general unit) was the kamikaze with 18. Most of the archers and light troops fall between 9-11, standards between 12-13, heavies between 14-15, and the elites go 16+, although the only units that actually exceed 16 are either generals, japanese kamikaze and chinese elite cav (formula worked out weird for those two). Needless to say all but the Choson (with their very small selection of troops) have one or more elite that goes to 16. Though I noticed that due to their small selection of troop types, the Choson do seem to have an advantage with not having a 16 elite, and that's that their heavies don't cost as much upkeep as other factions elites and they can therefore field a larger army of consistently higher grade soldiers.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12