Thread: Rome Total Gameplay (RTG) Provincial campaign (15/06/06)

Default Rome Total Gameplay (RTG) Provincial campaign (15/06/06)

From https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/local...=95&linkid=187

Rome: Total Gameplay (RTG)

Download Mirrors

RTG Provincial Campaign @ MEGAUPLOAD
    Approximate size: 5.26MB

RTG Provincial Campaign @ RAPIDSHARE
    Approximate size: 5.38MB

Note that similar download version types are identical despite the filesize differences.

Important Information

Depending upon whether your own project utilises night battles or not, you may need to remove the NightBattleCapable traits from all faction leaders and heirs in the descr_strat text file.

Installation Instructions

This download can be used as either a Provinical Campaign, or as a direct replacement for the existing vanilla text files. If you decide to choose the latter option, please remember to backup your original files.

(1) Download the RTG Provincial Campaign to the location of your choice.
    (2) Once the dowload has finished, extract the ZIP file. If you wish to create a Provincial Campaign, goto step (3). If you wish to copy and paste the files over the existing ones, goto step (4).
    (3) Copy the RTG Provincial Campaign folder into the C:\Program Files\Activision\Rome - Total War\Data\world\maps\campaign directory folder.
    (4) Manually copy and paste the files contained in the RTG Provincial Campaign over the existing files. Some are contained at C:\Program Files\Activision\Rome - Total War\Data\world\maps\base, whereas others are contained at C:\Program Files\Activision\Rome - Total War\Data\world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign. Remember to delete map.rwm from the base folder.
    (5) Within the RTG Provincial Campaign folder is a subfolder called 'text'. Open this subfolder, copy and paste the single text file inside (which is called imperial_campaign_regions_and_settlement_names.txt) into your existing text folder, located at C:\Program Files\Activision\Rome - Total War\Data\text.
    (6) Make sure you have added campaign descriptions for each faction in the campaign_descriptions.txt file, located at C:\Program Files\Activision\Rome - Total War\Data\text
    (7) Run RTW. If you are using the Provincial Campaign version, a Provincial Campaign menu should now appear in the Single Player menu. If you are using a manual installation, start a new Imperial Campaign as normal. You may have to wait whilst the new map.rwm is regenerated.

Description / Credits / Disclaimer

Description

Rome: Total Gameplay (RTG) Provinical Campaign
    Created & Developed By Seasoned Alcoholic

The RTG Campaign Map has been made available as a seperate download for those that wish to install the map without having to download the latest version of the mod. It may also be incorporated into other modification projects; for more details regarding this area, please refer to the permissions section (below).

#########
    #FEATURES#
    #########

CAMPAIGN MAP

• Modified settlement locations to roughly their historical locations.
    • Over 50 new regions have been added to the campaign map.
    • Modified and relocated campaign resources, including unlocked / unused resources that were omitted in vanilla RTW.
    • A fairly consistent and accurate naming convention for most regions and settlements on the campaign map.
    • Extensive modifications have been made to accompanying campaign text files, EG map_heights.hgt, map_features.tga, map_ground_types.tga to improve the flow of the map.

STRAT TEXT FILE

Extensive changes have been made to areas such as the following:-

• Starting province ownership.
    • Starting settlement populations.
    • Campaign start / end dates.
    • Playable / unplayable factions.
    • Starting faction denarii.
    • Starting faction armies (and locations).
    • Starting regional fertility / population growth rates.
    • AI construction / recruitment biases.

Credit / Permissions

#######
    #CREDIT#
    #######

Original text files created by The Creative Assembly.
    Text files modified by Seasoned Alcoholic.
    Faction campaign maps created by Seasoned Alcoholic.
    Faction leader portraits created by Seasoned Alcoholic.
    Selected map TGA & HGT text files modified by Seasoned Alcoholic.

###########
    #PERMISSIONS#
    ###########

Incorporation - This material in this modification may be included in other public modifications in a complete and unaltered state. Adaptation may only be made to the extent necessary for the material to be used as intended by the creator. These conditions can be waived with the creator's express permission. It also may not be used for any commercial purpose. The creator of the modification must be identified within the credits included in any release.

descr_strat.txt, descr_mercenaries.txt, descr_win_conditions.txt etc can be modified in order to bring the download in line with the project it is to be implemented within. However, core text files, TGAs and other files related to the campaign map may not be modified without the explicit permission of Seasoned Alcoholic. He can be contacted at either the TWC or ORG forums, preferrably in the form of a Private Message (PM). For queries, questions or requests, please PM Seasoned Alcoholic.

You will need to supply your own campaign descriptions in campaign_descriptions.txt

Disclaimer

Rome: Total Gameplay is not supported or endorsed in any way by The Creative Assembly, Activision or Sega. All of the work included with this modification is my own, and has not been taken, borrowed or stolen from anyone. Credit has been given when and where necessary. Note that any infringements present are purely unintentional.

I hope you enjoy the RTG campaign map and its related features as much as I did making it!
    Last edited by Seasoned Alcoholic; 06-23-2006 at 09:49.

Currently developing Rome: Total Gameplay (RTG), an unofficial mod for vanilla Rome: Total War v1.5

Features: improved battles, new units to recruit, more buildings to construct, a modified campaign map, and much more!
    RTG Main Topic
    , Click here to download RTG v1.0

Default Re: Rome Total Gameplay (RTG) Provincial campaign (15/06/06)

Added 15/06/06
    Epistolary Richard's modding Rules of Cool
    Cool modders make their mods with the :mod command line switch
    If they don't, then Cool mod-users use the Mod Enabler (JSGME)
    Cool modders use show_err
    Cool modders use the tutorials database Cool modders check out the Welcome to the Modding Forums! thread Cool modders keep backups Cool modders help each other out

Hopefully this will be answered. I've tried installing this map multiple times as both provincial campaign and replacing existing files. I've done as much as i can think of to ry and play this map, but despite my efforts I still can not play the map. Everytime I try and play I get as far as picking a faction and once i click the arrow in the bottom right corner to start it takes me back to the menu. If anyone has experienced this problem or knows what the problem is I would be very grateful if you could help.

Anything that isn't 'member' Member Squid's Avatar

Given the mod was released one and half years ago, it probably works on a 1.2 install of RTW, and hence isn't comptible with your (most likely) 1.5 install, and this is causing the issue.

-Trait/Ancillary/Building Editor

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity;
    and I'm not sure about the universe." -----Albert Einstein

Well, I kinda assumed it would work cause it was under the 1.5 category. You wouldnt happen to know of any maps for 1.5 that are kinda like this that do work.

I manged to download the file but need am not too good at the rest. Could you explain the rest of the guide about copying it into the game in a bit more detail please. Thanks

i joined the org just so i can help you guys out, and that is you must MUST with any campaign modification delete the already previous constructed map settings, i cant remember the exact file name but if you search it up for it or look in the forums for campaign help im sure you'll find it. however you should not require this if you try mod switch, i know its for big mods but sometimes that does the trick with the campaign crashes and errors.