Thread: I have an error

Default I have an error

Ok ive posted on the main topic post but noone wants to answer my post.

I removed RTW completley and reinstalled it fresh to 1.5 did all the stuff i needed to do for me to install BL well i double click on the Rome total war icon. it loads up goes to the next screen and i get this msg

Error: Filename dosen't exist:
    data/models_buildings/kill_zone/wooden_wall_short_straight_destroyed_kill_zone_05.CAS

Can someone please help me i need this fixed the game looks amazing and im very much wanting to play i love feud Japan warriors and battles.. so please someone who knows how to fix this please post with your ideas thank you

The last to Serve

Default Re: I have an error

Well, that means that file is missing. You'll need to find that file and put it in that location.

how would i go about finding that file? do you know where it might be located? and where do i put it?

The file that you're missing is wooden_wall_short_straight_destroyed_kill_zone_05. CAS

I think you missed a step in your Blue Lotus installation. Did you do this?

4. Download Vercingetorix's PAK extractor tool. http://www.twcenter.net/downloads/db/?act=mod&id=43
    5. Copy the contents of the unpaker into Data/packs in your clean version of RTW 1.5.
    6. Run the .bat file and let run completely. this may take a while. After its done you'll see a new data folder in the packs directory.
    7. CUT or MOVE (not copy) this new Data folder and paste it over the root Data folder allowing it to overwrite everything. NOTE: There should be no Data folder left in Packs.
    8. Go back to the packs folder and rename all the pak files remaining (except the patch_0 and patch_1) You can just rename them with a couple of xx in the front ie sprites_1.pak rename to xxsprites_1.pak

The file that you're missing is in the packs folder that you have to extract.

I just did that but I still dont see it in there.. and plus when i move the data folder from packs over the one from data it dosent say its gonna overwrite anything.. it just does it.. or tries to... any suggestions in ur own words

Hey i just found out that it places the DATA folder from packs.. inside the data folder im supposed to overwrite... what do i do about that?

Quote Originally Posted by The Last to serve
    Hey i just found out that it places the DATA folder from packs.. inside the data folder im supposed to overwrite... what do i do about that?
    If that's what you've done, just cut (ctrl+x) the data folder from packs that you placed inside the main data folder, go to ..\Rome - Total War\ folder and paste(ctrl+v) it there, it should ask you if you want to overwrite, and click yes to all.

I just tried that and it says. Cannot move DATA: The destination folder is the same as the source folder.. I also tried to cut and paste it on the desktop then move it back over the folder to overwrite the folder but it just moves it inside of it again... Whats the deal here

I just tried that and it says. Cannot move DATA: The destination folder is the same as the source folder.. I also tried to cut and paste it on the desktop then move it back over the folder to overwrite the folder but it just moves it inside of it again... Whats the deal here
    I'm not sure what exactly you've done, but it sounds like you moved the data folder in packs into the main data folder that you're supposed to overwrite. Also it seems that you're getting the "Cannot move DATA: The destination folder is the same as the source folder" message because you're cutting and pasting the data folder in the same directory you moved it from. Which gives you that error message.

After you've extracted from packs, DO NOT cut and paste the data folder into: C:\Program Files\The Creative Assembly\Rome - Total War\data

Cut and paste it in: C:\Program Files\The Creative Assembly\Rome - Total War, or where you installed the BL mod. It should ask you if you want to overwrite.

Thats what im doing Im pasting it over THE DATA FOLDER but it keeps putting it inside the folder. im not doing it on purpose it just doing it itself..

Im and idiot my god.. thanks for that last post... I did it and overwritten everything. thanks for your help man.! do i have to have a cd key to play it online?

Im and idiot my god.. thanks for that last post... I did it and overwritten everything. thanks for your help man.! do i have to have a cd key to play it online?
    I've never played online, so I'm not sure.

Smile a file spirites.pak is missing and i can't install the game

if anyone has that file (from the cd) and is willing to pass me the file here's my adress gabiadrian@hotmail.com

the file is on the cd, it has about 50 mb and it's name is spirites.rar or pak ao something like that

the game is installing to 99.8% and after that a message appears and it says that it's an internal error 1603