Thread: New Release Team: Hiring

Senior Member Senior Member hoggy's Avatar

Default New Release Team: Hiring

Hi folks. We're looking for modders to join the team and take Blue Lotus to the next release. There are only two of us currently active on BL and Sykotik Rampage is concentrating on music and sound. I'm hoping to take a back seat now after a year and a half of work on this project. We need some experienced modders to take over the master copy, fix bugs, tweak gameplay and answer technical issues. Future versions could also add scripting events, installers etc. Please reply here or PM me direct if you are interested.

many thanks - hoggy

Speaker of Truth Senior Member Moros's Avatar

Default Re: New Release Team: Hiring

I might not be that much of an experience modder but normally I should have loads of time the next two months (starting the day after tomorrow). Atleast if I havne't screwed up my exams to much. SO if you think I might be able to help you, I'd be happy to try.

Alot of succes with finding team members, I know how it's like to try and find good team members!

I'm not much into the art or map-making part of modding, but I'll be happy to help out in the text department. At the moment, I'm currently 'fixing' my version of Blue Lotus by adding/fixing descriptions and overhauling the traits and ancilliary to better suit BL's universe.

Example:

1. I've pretty much added descriptions for all the units that didn't have any and edited those that did to fix grammatical errors, etc. I'm going to start adding descriptions for the buildings soon, but all I have are RL historical references for some of them; so they might not fit well into BL's universe.

2. With the traits system, I've pretty much switched over the 'civilized' traits to the chinese factions (Chinese, Koreans, Mongols) who were using 'barbarian' traits, and have the demons using the 'barbarian' traits. I also have some traits being governed by the new buildings; and in the case of old buildings that are no longer being used (academies), I have them being governed by the palace buildings or other buildings.

3. For the ancilliaries, I've done pretty much the same as with the traits. I did some building switches with some ancilliaries and added some that were no longer being used; ie: priests.

Along with adding descriptions for buildings, I'll also be editing descriptions for certain traits and ancilliaries. I'll be happy to help in any capacity that I can; but be aware that I might be absent for a couple weeks to a month before September due to work-related projects.

If its ok with hoggy and the team, im sure some people would appreciate it if you released your modifications, once completed.

Yeah sure, I have no problem with releasing the stuff I've already 'finished' up; stuff like the traits and ancilliaries and unit descriptions. Thats is; if it's ok with Hoggy and the team.

Senior Member Senior Member hoggy's Avatar

Hi Folks, just a quick reminder that we're still on the lookout for modders to join Blue Lotus and help us produce the next update. If you've got RTW bug fixing experience and time on your hands please post here. So far we have Genghis and Big Beef helping but we could do with a couple more to focus on specific areas and get Blue Lotus to a full release state.

many thanks - hoggy