Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Alexander: Total War

Default Re: Alexander: Total War

Hi,

is alexander total war also a expancion for Rome total war gold edition?? or only for rome total war with the patches and BI

Quote Originally Posted by Kambyses View Post
    Hello everyone;
    I have big problem installing "Alexander".It need patch 1.5/1.6 ,So I did the following deeds :

1.Installed both ROME:TOTAL WAR and RTW:Barbarian Invasion.The version of my RTW is 1.3 and RTW:BI is 1.4 at the end of this step.

2.As mentioned in Support section of www.totalwar.com ,I installed patch 1.6.

3.When I tried to install patch 1.6 ,It sends a Massage and says "This patch will only upgrade version 1.3 to version 1.5. You can download patch 1.3 from www.totalwar.com."

What can I do? How can I install "Alexander"???

Here is the link of Total war support:

http://www.totalwar.com/index.html?p...tml&nav=/en/8/

I will appreciate for any HELP

Thank you
    -Kambiz
    You need download patch 1.3 first after that patch 1.5 and install

Angry Re: Alexander: Total War

It is so much fun reading your posts.. I finished the campaign in 87 turns... Im now playing the historical battles... Chareonea was such simple one, Granicus pissed me off, these Sycthian Horse Archers wiped my spearmen, they even killed Alexander without melee . I bypassed it finally by editing the battle files giving my phalangists level 3 armour and weapon. They broke into all Persian lines. My cavalry had to chase the horse archers only...
    In Seige of Halicarnassus, I cant deal with the horse archers and Barcanian Horse Men.. I have only Alexander as Cavalry and he cannot chase the horse archers quickly... I dont know what to do...
    Please help!!!
    Thanks In Advance...

By the way this is my first post...

Wink Re: Alexander: Total War

Update... Finally victorious at Halicarnassus and Issus. Now the big day at Gaugemala!!!
    Shall post walkthrough for winning Halicarnassus and Issus later.
    Thanks

I really like this game, am trying to beat it with all of the factions available. Macedon and Persia are both very challenging nations to play as. Boy, if you think Macedon has early economic woes, you better fire up a campaign as Persia. You'll have -100,000 gold in about five turns, all because of the insanely large amount of troops you have. I also beat the campaign as the Dahae, which was a thriller of a game. My next campaign is as Thrace; I've already managed to destroy the Macedonians, but Persia is who I'm fretting over. My only concern is the map, which could have been a lot better in my opinion (by the by, if the modding community has produced another map, please link me to it). I also don't see the harm in adding India, I mean they already had them set up with a faction symbol and all (probably put more work into them than the barbarian factions), all they need to do is add like two more cities in India, insert them into the campaign and voila. But overall, it's a fun game with a nice and challenging AI.

Welcome to the org iHelp, enjoy your stay. My main grievance with Alexander is that its exclusively a rush game - but of course that does not prevent it from being enjoyable.
    The Caravel Mod: a (very much) improvedvanilla MTW/VI v2.1 early campaign

Please make sure you have the latest version (v3.3)
    Since v3.3 the Caravel Mod includes customised campaigns for huge and default unit settings

Download v3.3
    Info & Discussion Thread

Thanks mate.

Well, I can see where CA is coming from. If they're trying to emulate Alexander's relatively quick conquest of the Achaemenid Empire, the game should be fast-paced. Some prefer it this way, with an emphasis on each and every battle, yet some prefer the way RTW's earlier installments were like, on more of a grand campaign level. To each his own, I guess.

Absolutely, not questioning anyone's way to enjoy.

The Caravel Mod: a (very much) improvedvanilla MTW/VI v2.1 early campaign

Please make sure you have the latest version (v3.3)
    Since v3.3 the Caravel Mod includes customised campaigns for huge and default unit settings

Download v3.3
    Info & Discussion Thread

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345